PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion: Trade for Manny Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Broncos 0-4 and going nowhere. BB, call John Elway and trade for Emmanuel Sanders. Make this happen. He's 'AB Lite' and provides the obvious spark and quick to get open ability the offense needs.

Last edited:
Broncos 0-4 and going nowhere. BB, call John Elway and trade for Emmanuel Sanders. Make this happen. He's 'AB Lite' and provide the obvious spark the offense needs.
They could definitely use him right now. But it won’t matter if the OL is going to collapse before longer routes can develop.

OL is a bigger need. He would help. But how much would they have to give up and who gets restructured to fit him is the question.

OL is a bigger need. He would help. But how much would they have to give up and who gets restructured to fit him is the question.

I can't imagine the OL going to crap after its stellar performance last year. Is Karras that much of a downgrade from Andrews? And Newhouse is definitely not ideal at LT but he's only a place holder until Wynn comes back. Really it might be the Gronk effect. We could surely use his blocking ability now.

Broncos 0-4 and going nowhere. BB, call John Elway and trade for Emmanuel Sanders. Make this happen. He's 'AB Lite' and provide the obvious spark the offense needs.
Why would you think Sanders is available? He's the reason they almost won yesterday.

I can't imagine the OL going to crap after its stellar performance last year. Is Karras that much of a downgrade from Andrews? And Newhouse is definitely not ideal at LT but he's only a place holder until Wynn comes back. Really it might be the Gronk effect. We could surely use his blocking ability now.

Yesterday's game was the first game that it became obvious that we need Gronk, and he would have made a huge difference.

I was thinking the same thing a week ago. Looked up his salary. 11 million. Do not think that is possible to fit that in with 1 million left on the cap

Can we have a rule in place where anyone advocating for a trade has to at least explain how to fit said player under the cap ?

I mean it requires half a minute to check contracts and cap space on spotrac. Is that already too much effort ?

If you come up with a reasonable way to clear up 75% of his 10.2M salary then go ahead.

The OL situation is perplexing.

The new guys (Karras and Newhouse) haven't been great, but they haven't been awful either. To my eye, the equal (if not greater) issues are Mason and Cannon, who are not playing to their 2018 form, or anywhere close; they've both been really poor at times.

First and foremost Scar needs to get the right side of the line playing the way they should be. At that point, focus on getting Karras more dialed in and weather the storm at LT until Wynn is ready.

Can we have a rule in place where anyone advocating for a trade has to at least explain how to fit said player under the cap ?

I mean it requires half a minute to check contracts and cap space on spotrac. Is that already too much effort ?

If you come up with a reasonable way to clear up 75% of his 10.2M salary then go ahead.
Any means necessary.
It won't be cheap for compensation at least a third.
Would love AJ Green but Sanders would be cheaper.

Yesterday's game was the first game that it became obvious that we need Gronk, and he would have made a huge difference.

Let's get a new tight end! Maybe one who has a history and rapport with Brady and has been resting for the past four weeks? Preferably one already on payroll so he can fit under the cap.

Can’t afford a bag of Doritos

We do need another WR quickly Harry is a ways away with the practice window. And as noted we are an injury away from WR hell.

I can't imagine the OL going to crap after its stellar performance last year. Is Karras that much of a downgrade from Andrews? And Newhouse is definitely not ideal at LT but he's only a place holder until Wynn comes back.

This is a far cry from last year's line. 2/5's of last year's line is not there. The current 'not ideal' LT is a career turnstyle acting as a 'placeholder' for a player who is out at minimum half the year who so far hasn't shown he can stay on the field at the most important position on the line.

Can't 'imagine' why there's issues :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The only problem I have with this thread is the title. I thought we traded for a guy named Manny Sanders (didn't occur to me we were talking about Emanuel).

Anyway, I'm worried about the OL and TEs, not our WRs.

The OL situation is perplexing.

The new guys (Karras and Newhouse) haven't been great, but they haven't been awful either. To my eye, the equal (if not greater) issues are Mason and Cannon, who are not playing to their 2018 form, or anywhere close; they've both been really poor at times.

First and foremost Scar needs to get the right side of the line playing the way they should be. At that point, focus on getting Karras more dialed in and weather the storm at LT until Wynn is ready.
Karras isn't a new guy but new to starting at center every week. Mason might be playing hurt and Cannon is dinged. We need to hope that Wynn will be OK; otherwise, barring a trade for help it'll be tough sledding. Losing Andrews was a huge blow and letting Trent Brown go can legitimately be second guessed.

Any means necessary.
It won't be cheap for compensation at least a third.
Would love AJ Green but Sanders would be cheaper.

Given the contract and age he'd not cost more than a fifth. Maybe an end of round fourth.

I think the offense is too predictable based on which running back is in there.....burkhead has done the best because the plays have been the least predictable when he’s in there

Let's get a new tight end! Maybe one who has a history and rapport with Brady and has been resting for the past four weeks? Preferably one already on payroll so he can fit under the cap.

Who would that be ? Because the only TEs on the Patriots payroll are Watson, LaCosse and Izzo (and maybe whoever is on the PS).

Retired players are not on the payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye