PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strong article by Curran . viewing FA: Pats way - the hard way - not for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
How?

If they want to win, it's the price they pay.

If they don't want to make that kind of commitment then they are weeded out quickly and shouldn't be here in the first place.

Thank God he runs the program in this fashion.
good question. I totaly agree with you by the way. It is just remember Teddy B. always just came in, without even an agent, because he wanted to be with the Patriots. I wish buys like Hightower wanted to be more about legacy and rings and would take a deal that works for both sides. The thing is if you look at the Pats O side, so many of our clutch and great players are either on rookie contracts, or have middling type cap hits 4-7 million. Other than Brady Solder is the only player higher than 10 mil cap hit. I think BB wants the D the same way. He would rather find 2 decent hard working DT/DE types and a decent middling LB, and have all 3 add up to 10-11 cap hit. And he has proven it works.

I guess depressing simply because it really means when we see the like of Hightower we are likely just going to have him in his rookie contract. (That type of special player)

Why? Don't you like when your team is like the military? It's the perfect model for a football team.

Authority, discipline and inified toward a single goal.

HOO rah!

They're grown men and it's a profession. It isn't supposed to be about "Fun". It's supposed to be about "Work".
Yeah I hear you. And I do remember when Wayne said it was not "fun" being here, and the Colts board went off in fury because they said THAT is why they are not as good as us, one of their all time greats does not "like" it there not "fun" wahhhhh

This is why the Patriots always look for guy who are obsessed with football. How important the game is to the player helps that player justify all the effort they put into the preparation.

I worked on a coal mine in Wyoming during my college years. At one point, we worked 12 hours/day for 14 days straight 6pm to 6am

I spent another summer working for a concrete form company building home foundations. That job was intense.

Everyone that is able should work hard. I don't understand people wanting easy jobs. ...makes no sense
Mike Rowe has some of the same views we do.

Mike Rowe has some of the same views we do.
Working hard is better than having a goal of "chillin"

I don't do physical labor for a living since college but there are often times I miss it.

I'd rather swing a hammer than sit at a desk, but at 58, I'm not making a career change

Considering the ridiculous success of the Patriots since 2001, and the well-known reputation they have earned for being a place where you have to work hardto stay on the roster, it's incredible to me that there are still teams where someone can go to get a break from all the hard work.

at 58, I'm not making a career change
That's it!

I expect to see you here Six AM bright and early front and center for training camp in July!

DO YOU HEAR ME MISTER?!?!?!?!?!

You're just a little older than Tom over there, and I don't hear him complaining!
th

Now drop and give me twenty!!

Last edited:
Working hard is better than having a goal of "chillin"

I don't do physical labor for a living since college but there are often times I miss it.

I'd rather swing a hammer than sit at a desk, but at 58, I'm not making a career change

I like doing yard work and stuff around the house- that's it. If I moved stone now I'd die. I did a stone wall in my backyard 4 years ago and my body took a week to recover.

High tech has made me soft.

:p

I like doing yard work and stuff around the house- that's it. If I moved stone now I'd die. I did a stone wall in my backyard 4 years ago and my body took a week to recover.

High tech has made me soft.

:p
Last year I rented a backhoe to remove 20 privacy trees and take down a kids playhouse.

I was horrible at running the thing and ended up tearing down the playhouse by hand with the help of a neighbor

I pinched a nerve in my neck and spent the next 2 months sleeping on my couch

That's it!

I expect to see you here Six AM bright and early front and center for training camp in July!

DO YOU HEAR ME MISTER?!?!?!?!?!

You're just a little older than Tom over there, and I don't hear him complaining!

Now drop and give me twenty!!
I used to have dreams of playing football and I could even smell the grass! That lasted into my 40's but no longer :(

What I'd give to go back 40 years to relive a high school game!

Last year I rented a backhoe to remove 20 privacy trees and take down a kids playhouse.

I was horrible at running the thing and ended up tearing down the playhouse by hand with the help of a neighbor

I sympathize.

I took down the kids playhouse last year and tripped over a board and fell on a wood screw. It went a 1/2 inch deep in my leg. I had to see the doc and get a couple of shots.

Clutz

I sympathize.

I took down the kids playhouse last year and tripped over a board and fell on a wood screw. It went a 1/2 inch deep in my leg. I had to see the doc and get a couple of shots.

Clutz
Ouch!! Do they still give Tetnus shots for metal cuts?

I was getting heat from my neighbors to take it down cuz I'm single and never had kids! :p

It was here when I bought the house!

Last edited:
good question. I totaly agree with you by the way. It is just remember Teddy B. always just came in, without even an agent, because he wanted to be with the Patriots. I wish buys like Hightower wanted to be more about legacy and rings and would take a deal that works for both sides. The thing is if you look at the Pats O side, so many of our clutch and great players are either on rookie contracts, or have middling type cap hits 4-7 million. Other than Brady Solder is the only player higher than 10 mil cap hit. I think BB wants the D the same way. He would rather find 2 decent hard working DT/DE types and a decent middling LB, and have all 3 add up to 10-11 cap hit. And he has proven it works.

I guess depressing simply because it really means when we see the like of Hightower we are likely just going to have him in his rookie contract. (That type of special player)

Bruschi's deals were not "deals that work for both sides". They were Bruschi accepting much less than he was worth. Sure, we'd love some of our players to be grossly underpaid. That way, we could have the money to pay others.

Brady is another that has played for contracts that are much less than the market for his value.

Man, the injury report for patsfans is starting to look like the Patriots' at midseason...

I sympathize.

Clutz
That's it. If I get hurt again I'm having Ian fire our trainer.

I used to have dreams of playing football and I could even smell the grass! That lasted into my 40's but no longer :(

What I'd give to go back 40 years to relive a high school game!
You and Al Bundy. Did you also score four touchdowns in one game and go toe-to-toe with Lt. Hightower a.k.a Bubba Smith? Lol

Completely OT, but on the flip side of that, one summer I worked in an ice factory...12 hour shifts in small freezer rooms bagging ice and then stacking/wrapping on pallets. Good times!
I worked a couple of years in a frozen food warehouse. It's not good times when you take your insulated gloves off at break and your fingernails are blue and quickly wet with condensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore