PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strong article by Curran . viewing FA: Pats way - the hard way - not for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao old guys

Working hard is better than having a goal of "chillin"

I don't do physical labor for a living since college but there are often times I miss it.

I'd rather swing a hammer than sit at a desk, but at 58, I'm not making a career change
chilling is the reward for working hard. like any reward it's only healthy when in balance with the effort that earned it.

same here on the physical labor, still enjoy doing it when I can get away from the desk.

not a carpenter here, more a mechanic/engineer, so turning a wrench beats hammering for me, still definitely agree getting hands dirty is better than sitting at a desk.

at 65 should be looking at making a career change but post divorce I'm too broke to retire so best I can do is my annual vacation to the desert to build propane fire art. from that I gotta say that chilling in the shade with a cold one is a goal I won't put below working, especially when you are wrenching pipe in 108 degree midday sun with no shade.

Nope, but I did play against Fred Smerlas!

I got run over by Fred Smerlas' roommate. 6'5" 300LB ex-BC ORT for the Bills. Didn't see my Welker sized body when making a spin around move driving to the hoop. Landed on my butt 10 feet away. Didn't hurt, felt like I was smacked by a fast moving mattress. His wife, my sister-in-law yelled at him. :)

You and Al Bundy. Did you also score four touchdowns in one game and go toe-to-toe with Lt. Hightower a.k.a Bubba Smith? Lol
The headline the next day should have read, Spare Tire crushes unidentified white man at goal line.
th
th

Ok guys, I assembled your hard working heart breaking resumes and Ill send them to Foxboro. I don't know if they have an opening at the moment but Im sure BB will like the read..

Pre-Lombardi, Green Bay was the last place you wanted to be on Earth.

When he was there, he rode his players mercilessly. But Vince always managed to slip in an occasional encouragement or carrot or two. Ultimately, I would say they loved him more than any group ever loved their coach. It was much less about the money in those days, and Belichick is really old fashioned in this culture, in a good way in my opinion. Randy Moss is a good example of someone who felt all of these things, but at the end of his time here, couldn't help but be overcome by all those cultural pressures that compel modern athletes to think selfishly.

Obviously, they've been able to find enough guys who both get it and want it, and it's tough to replicate that. The Falcons did a pretty good job this year, though. They'd like some play calls back, but they didn't choke.

Great post. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick