PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still control our destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I never really felt that the Pats would catch the Chefs but do believe that a first round bye is essential.

The Patriots control their fate for the#2 seed. Yes, this loss sucked, sucked big time but all season I have been waiting for this team to show me what they are made of, so far not exactly the toughest group of SOBs , in fact the road record alone suggests softness.

Clearly this is not an all time great Patriots team but they can catch lightening in a bottle and make a run.

Big test next week and we go from there, peace out.

Like the optimism, but this team is a mediocre playoff caliber team. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they beat Pitt, I just think they have no shot. THAT OFFENSE AGAINST THAT DEFENSE, gonna be a disaster, probably a 3 TD loss. Hopefully they sweep the Jets and Buffalo. Both teams will be hyped up for that game.

Like the optimism, but this team is a mediocre playoff caliber team. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they beat Pitt, I just think they have no shot. THAT OFFENSE AGAINST THAT DEFENSE, gonna be a disaster, probably a 3 TD loss. Hopefully they sweep the Jets and Buffalo. Both teams will be hyped up for that game.

Crazy talk.

Even if they lose next weekend, I think the Pats still get the 2 seed because I see Texans losing one more. KC isn't a lock to win divisional round- rookie qb, two big injuries to offense. Pats are still in a good position even though they lost in a place they lose every year. If I was a fan of another team, I wouldn't be excited playing the Pats in the playoffs.

Sure, we could lose by 3 TDS, but that’s your prediction? Highly unlikely, just as likely we win by 3 TDS. It’s probably close to a 50/50 game on the road. Their defense is just as atrocious.

I actually agree we’re a mediocre playoff team, chill with the ridiculous hyperbole.

Part of me hopes kc wins out and we get the 2 seed so that this disaster is all moot, kinda like us and the Steelers in 04 after that Miami debacle. It will really sting if we drop to #3 or kc drops one w us winning the last 3 and this cost us home field.

They are winning out.

They are winning their bye

They are winning the AFCCG.

I'm stopping there.

I’d say roughly
50%
70%
20%

Definitely can happen but there are no absolutes.

I live in Australia the game started at 5am finished at a quarter past 8. I went from dropping the most F bombs before 9am and to now feeling largely optimistic.

Reasons:

1. Steelers and Houston losing means our chances of the second remain the same if not more likely as there is now only 3 games left in the season.

2. Brady was great today - yes he ****ed up- yes he should have known that he has 0 timeouts- but he was great. He has largely been great since the bye 6-1 and most of all spreading that ball around.

3. Our d is not great- but we have the ability to make a play- in the second half the D looked ok. I’m not putting the last play on them that was bad coaching putting Gronk out there.

4. We are healthy - we have our 3 RBS, Gronk is playing and today played like Gronk. Edelman and Gordon are looking fantastic.

Things which need to improve and can improve (defense not in here because I don’t think they can):

1, Red zone passing 3-9 yards. Personnel needs to include Gronk, Gordon, Patterson

2. Ghost

3. James White has been quiet a few weeks now- not complaining because Brady has been playing better but there will be times he is needed across the next few weeks

4. Run game needs to be more consistent we really will need to control the play to keep the pressure of the D- 60 yards is quite simply unacceptable

I see them losing to Pitt..but still getting bye as Texans will lose again

... I just think they have no shot. THAT OFFENSE AGAINST THAT DEFENSE, gonna be a disaster, probably a 3 TD loss.

Jut curious, did the 2-10 Raiders have no shot vs. that Steelers juggernaut?

Last edited:
They are winning out.

They are winning their bye

They are winning the AFCCG.

I'm stopping there.

Can't beat Miami, Tennessee, Jacksonville or Detroit but you're confident they will beat 2 of LA, KC, Houston, Pittsburgh. Including likely on the road in KC.

o_O

Could happen but seems incredibly unlikely. More likely, this team gets smashed in the playoffs like the 2009 team which was equally soft and untalented in key spots.

Can't beat Miami, Tennessee, Jacksonville or Detroit but you're confident they will beat 2 of LA, KC, Houston, Pittsburgh. Including likely on the road in KC.

o_O

Could happen but seems incredibly unlikely. More likely, this team gets smashed in the playoffs like the 2009 team which was equally soft and untalented in key spots.
KC isn't a 1000th the toughness of 09 BAL. Please

I’m glad we control our density, but I just wish it was our destiny that we controlled.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think the only way we get the 1 seed is if KC wins their division and still loses 2 more games.
KC could lose to LAC and Seattle, but then LAC would have to lose to Baltimore or Denver. Remote possibility, but it's been a strange December...

The 2009 Saints are an example of a team that lost their last 3 regular season games but still won the Super Bowl. It is possible to limp into the playoffs and win it all, but this year's Pats team is nothing like the 2009 Saints.

Last edited:
Baghdad Bob is not walking through that door.

This is not a Super Bowl caliber team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing