SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Providence Journal

SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:Boston Herald

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Seed 2 is likely, and it is not really a bad spot this year.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mosslost, Dec 10, 2018.

1. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,968
    Texans might lose the game @ Philly or possibly their season finally against Jax. Not holding up much hope they lose @Jets.

2. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,100
    I’m just about over the nonstop trash/garbage references to everything in general. Yeah they did some stupid crap yesterday but I don’t know how anyone sitting at home on their couch can call some of the most elite athletes in the world garbage. It’s just absurd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gitgronked82

gitgronked82 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,009
    Yea, it goes to division then conference record. KC has the edge, so we'll need the chiefs to lose two (probably @SEA) for them to lose the one seed to LAC (assuming LAC win out).
    however, if chargers won this week and then both chiefs and chargers lost one more game after that, winning out would give us the one seed. just saying. unlikely but not impossible.

that's about the only way we'd get it though. yesterday does hurt for sure. and hurts almost as much that the ravens couldn't hold on

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,187
    I still think KC loses to Seattle and the LAC, we need to win out and see where the chips fall.

OT just read where their is a scenario where the Browns can win the division...unlikely but possible. They need to win out, have the Ravens lose one of the games not against the Browns (still have a game against each other) and the Steelers to lose out, Pit plays us, NO and Cincy. Doubt the bungles will be motivated but still funny that it's a possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,451
    Fortune cookie say: Only known result is the past.

Not a bad main point. However, how many times have we thought "Ah, if only X beats Y, it's a walk." As with so many monkey's-paw type sentiments, 2007 comes to mind. ("It's the GIANTS? We just have to beat the GIANTS???")

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. supafly

supafly Busy starting a new Brady thread PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,668
    It feels like this thread is at least one week too early. Let’s see what happens on Sunday before assuming the #2 seed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,696
    Vikes loss was good for us, ensures Philadelphia is still in the hunt when they play Houston

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,849
    2 different NE seasons and teams that have nothing to do with each other. Id rather have the 2016 team than this 2018 team.

Every season is exclusive in the ever changing NFL.

You dont like the calls for 50 in Pittsburgh because you fear that the possibility of that becoming true is very real.

9. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,849
    Exactly.

The Jets and Bills will come to ball vs the Pats. Beating NE would be one of the most gratifying wins for the their franchise. The Pats dropping in playoff seeding is something for them to play for.

All this Baghdad Bob "margin of victory" and "average score" is nothing but predicting the game via fantasy football.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,841

Those 3 seasons were bad- but we had something to look forward too with the arrival of Drew Bledsoe at the end of it.

We are now in the Last Chapter of BB/TB12. Hoping and wishing and expecting success before the next “Winter” (GoT) doesn’t make us spoiled.

11. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +79,438
    Seems like everytime the Jests and Jills come to Foxboro in December and are playing out the string they are lifeless.

I'd be shocked if NE didn't win by 3TDs in each game

12. Coolade2

Coolade2 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +566
    Good post. Very rational sounding. Are you same guy that posted abomb mushroom cloud salivating the thought of it?
    How's yur gun collection. ?

13. mcmurtry86

mcmurtry86 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,215
    So calling awful performances “garbage” is absurd? That’s pretty standard in normal sports discourse. A goalie in hockey who gave up 7 goals played like garbage/trash/crap etc. a hitter in baseball who is in a 1 for 40 slump is hitting like garbage.

It’s all relative to the league and expected levels of performance. The Pats D often plays like a bottom tier unit, hence using derogatory terms to describe it. Everyone here knows that these guys, even the worst ones, are elite relative to the general populace. Everyone should acknowledge though that we are not discussing the strength, speed and football acumen of a Patriot in contrast to a lawyer or pilot or welder etc.

The worst QB in the league can throw a ball much better than I can, but he’s still a terrible player relative to Brady or the expected quality of a starting QB in the league

It’s almost as if context matters. The Pats D plays like trash and gets called as such by fans. Literally nowhere in sports will you hear fans say “they gave up 50 points, 700 yards. These guys are elite high end football talent!” Sorry, that’s not how sports discussion works and if that’s your expectation - that bad performances or low quality players/units won’t be criticized and referred to by negative terms - then I don’t know why you’re even talking sports. It’s not a negative Nancy thing or a Pats fan thing. It’s literally every sports fandom in the world.

The Pats D just put forth one of the most embarrassing, awful performances of the Belichick era. It’s unreasonable to expect fans to not call it out for being the giant steaming turd that it was on Sunday. The run D was trash, the pass D was abysmal, the coaching and preparation was garbage. Everything was a pile of crap. Any attempt to claim otherwise is an exercise in delusion.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,100

In my day we didn’t call them trash or garbage, we just said they sucked.

Now get off my lawn.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  15. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,614
    I really don’t see a Bell-less Steelers putting up anything close to 50 on this defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54,866
    This was actually a rare good post by you up until...

Do you not remember some of those performances in 2011? What about 2010 where the immortal Mark Sanchez sat back in the pocket and redirected Edwards with his hand, waited for him to run the right route, and then delivered the pass? I mean, this was a trash bag performance, but I think you're forgetting some of the more trash performances in the past.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,091
    they weren't fans then

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,888
    No getting around the fact our defense has struggled on the road. But, our skill people are healthy.

Tyreek Hill injured his foot on Sunday. No Hunt and a diminished Hill makes KC much less scary. Tough
    place to win. But, TB12 will come to play

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,824
    Given the Texans schedule..i don't see them losing again..why I said we need to win out. I don't want o rely on other teams but it could come to that

20. mosslost

mosslost Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,324
    You mean the thread about the very good deed that Harry S. Truman executed on behalf of all good decent people and nice people in the world August 6th, 1945 in order to save millions of Japanese, American, British, and even Russian lives??

• Winner Winner x 1