KC loses at Seattle, 12-4, #5 seed
Indy wins out, 10-6, #6 seed
Baltimore out by losing to Chargers, 9-7

#6 Indy at #3 Hou, #3 Hou wins
#5 KC at #4 Pitt, #5 KC wins

#5 KC at #1 Chargers, #5 KC wins
#3 Hou at #2 NE, #2 NE wins

#5 KC at #2 NE
Really it just cones down to getting the 2 seed and having whoever of Pitt, LA KC or the other wild card beat SD or KC in the divisional round.
I’d call kc @LA or LA @ KC tossups and since the 6 isn’t likely to beat Houston it comes down to the winner of pitt vs the AFCw we team beating the afcw champ which is definitely a good possibility.

Really it just cones down to getting the 2 seed and having whoever of Pitt, LA KC or the other wild card beat SD or KC in the divisional round.
I’d call kc @LA or LA @ KC tossups and since the 6 isn’t likely to beat Houston it comes down to the winner of pitt vs the AFCw we team beating the afcw champ which is definitely a good possibility.

I think it’s more likely than not Houston loses to Indianapolis should the two teams play

• Agree
Reactions: jah
So we’re rooting for the Chargers tonight?

I would prefer the Chiefs get HFA throughout because, for some odd reason I can't really put my finger on, I think they're more likely to be one and done at home than on the road.

Oh wait, that odd reason is KC Chiefs history.

I would prefer the Chiefs get HFA throughout because, for some odd reason I can't really put my finger on, I think they're more likely to be one and done at home than on the road.

Oh wait, that odd reason is KC Chiefs history.
Yep. I have a feeling that Mahomes will get HFA & the #1 seed & choke.

Yeah I would. A Baltimore win goes a long way towards helping KC secure the 1 seed, regardless of their game tomorrow against Seattle. Of course the 1 seed is the best outcome, but the odds are we'll get the 2 seed and I'd rather go to LA than KC for the AFCCG.

We still have a shot at the 1 but need SD to drop their last 2 among other things.

As long as we get the 2 seed its very realistic. Pretty much all games between sd , kc, pitt, balt this year have been toss ups and im sure balt-sd tonight will follow suit. Would not be shocked if the 1 seed loses in rd 2.

Also if the chiefs get the 1 seed, they are 0-6 at home in the playoffs since 1993. Thats right, no home playoff wins since 1993. And if sd gets it, they are not exactly a sure bet in the playoffs either.

Last edited:
I’d expect Houston to beat them at home.

They just lost to them at home 2 weeks ago, they're 1-1 h2h this year and both games have been 3 point games.

Could go either way that game, Texans could be the biggest fraud in the playoffs Brady lit them up and Luck lit them up twice threw for over 800 yards and 6 TDs in 2 games.

The rest of their competition....

They just lost to them at home 2 weeks ago, they're 1-1 h2h this year and both games have been 3 point games.

Could go either way that game, Texans could be the biggest fraud in the playoffs Brady lit them up and Luck lit them up twice threw for over 800 yards and 6 TDs in 2 games.

The rest of their competition....

It’s not like the colts are a juggernaut.

And they have faced basically the exact same QBs and done worse against them.

FYI that tweet is not a good source to use. He listed 14 QBs for 11 games and as I said it can’t be “easily the worst” because the entire AFCS has faced almost exactly the same group of QBs.

It’s not like the colts are a juggernaut.

And they have faced basically the exact same QBs and done worse against them.

FYI that tweet is not a good source to use. He listed 14 QBs for 11 games and as I said it can’t be “easily the worst” because the entire AFCS has faced almost exactly the same group of QBs.

I don't think the Colts are a juggernaut but the spread for Indy at Houston would be Texans -4 at the most.

It's just a tricky matchup for Houston cause they struggle to get pressure against that offensive line and they're not very good in the secondary, i think the Texans would prefer to play the Titans or Ravens if they're the 3 seed.

It's all hypothetical anyway, the Texans might be the 2 seed and the Colts might not even make it.

I think it’s more likely than not Houston loses to Indianapolis should the two teams play
I could see that happening too, but if it does it messes up our HFA. The unusual thing about this playoffs is there will be an incredibly strong #5-seed that will win its WC game without question, meaning that being 2nd seed is better than being the 1st seed, provided that the 6 seed loses in the WC round. If 6 is out, then 1 plays 5.

We want LA as the #1, as they'd then host KC in the division round, and I think KC has a better shot of winning in LA than LA winning at KC. Then we'd be home throughout.

I don't think the Colts are a juggernaut but the spread for Indy at Houston would be Texans -4 at the most.

It's just a tricky matchup for Houston cause they struggle to get pressure against that offensive line and they're not very good in the secondary, i think the Texans would prefer to play the Titans or Ravens if they're the 3 seed.

It's all hypothetical anyway, the Texans might be the 2 seed and the Colts might not even make it.
Agreed I think the colts have the combined edge when you look at both matchups between the lines

At this point : let’s win twice, let’s see Houston’s lose one, let’s NOT play that first weekend and win our home game...

After that, anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back