PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seed 2 is likely, and it is not really a bad spot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
First of all they will get the bye.

But here is the thing. Seed 1 KC/Chargers, will likely face Seed 5 KC/Chargers, in AFC Divisional Round. (5 will likely be the lowest remaining seed in Divisional round, unless Colts, Dolphins, Balt, whoever, wins at Pitt/Balt.

So we get Pitt/Balt at home divisional (or whoever, 3,4 or 5 and only if 6 advances in wild card round as well as 5. 5 likely goes to 1.. I.e Chargers to KC). And worse case we travel to either KC/Chargers (yes tough), but I could see that other game being the upset, and we end up with a tough afccg, but at Foxboro.

Last edited:
I agree we have a great shot at the bye, but I little much to just state it as fact. If we lose to the Steelers and the Texans beat the Jets (both plausible), we're relying on them to lose one of their last two (which aren't against very strong opponents).

Not sure how you get that we'll have pit/balt at home in divisional. I'm assuming that pitt would be the 4 seed. so in wildcard weekend they're playing the chargers. if texans are 3 (most likely I think) then we would have them if they won, and if they lost we'd have winner of chargers/steelers... Right?

I agree we have a great shot at the bye, but I little much to just state it as fact. If we lose to the Steelers and the Texans beat the Jets (both plausible), we're relying on them to lose one of their last two (which aren't against very strong opponents).

Not sure how you get that we'll have pit/balt at home in divisional. I'm assuming that pitt would be the 4 seed. so in wildcard weekend they're playing the chargers. if texans are 3 (most likely I think) then we would have them if they won, and if they lost we'd have winner of chargers/steelers... Right?
correct. I am saying there is a high likelihood that the Chargers will be the "worst" seed remain on Divisional weekend, and that would mean they go to KC.

Who we play, it would be either 3 or 4. It could not be 6, it could only be 5, if both seed 5 and 6 advance. (not likely)

Eagles on the road will be no gimme for them.
The Eagles are close to being eliminated and may have zilch to play for. Houston is very likely to win out.

If we have to play on the road, even if it was Oakland, we're screwed. Everything has to fall perfectly for us if we're gonna win it all this year. But there are too many good teams this year for another cakewalk run through the AFC

First of all they will get the bye.

But here is the thing. Seed 1 KC/Chargers, will likely face Seed 5 KC/Chargers, in AFC Divisional Round. (5 will likely be the lowest remaining seed in Divisional round, unless Colts, Dolphins, Balt, whoever, wins at Pitt/Balt.

So we get Pitt/Balt at home divisional. And worse case we travel to either KC/Chargers (yes tough), but I could see that other game being the upset, and we end up with a tough afccg, but at Foxboro.

I like your optimistic outlook.

Our best chance to play all our games at home would be for BALT to beat the AFCW champions.

I totally agree that's the only Positive that came out of that Game. Also what's the odd's of a Team defeating a Teams three Times in the same year?? I think San Diego because they have a Defense are the most dangerous Team in the AFC. With Bosa and Ingram they don't have to Blitz to get here that's the kind of D that is known to give a QB like Brady trouble.

Last edited:
Baltimore gave KC a game yesterday they don't have the Perfect Offense anymore minus Hunt.

I like the contingent of posters that say that Pittsburgh will hang 50 on the "trash" defense.

The same people said that Atlanta would do that to us last year and we won 23-7.

(I understand past performance is not indicative of future results.)

I like the contingent of posters that say that Pittsburgh will hang 50 on the "trash" defense.

The same people said that Atlanta would do that to us last year and we won 23-7.

(I understand past performance is not indicative of future results.)
Oh don't be ridiculous...

60 at a minimum.

But if they play them in Gillette they'd hold Pittsburgh to 14. That's just who we are this year

can't see this team getting a bye with such a trash defense...some here think they will be pitt, i don't
Defense looked good the two prior weeks. They're capable if playing much better than yesterday.

Yes, if i were a betting man i think we are the 2 seed playing Houston in rd 2 while kc -sd battle it out. While i would prefer home field throughout, this is a better road opponents wise, and that kc -sd game is 50-50 imo meaning theres still a solid chance we host the afcc as a 2 seed if beating Houston

Who we play, it would be either 3 or 4. It could not be 6, it could only be 5, if both seed 5 and 6 advance. (not likely)
It has happened. After the 2015 season, in the playoffs, both #5 and #6 advanced, in both conferences. IOW all 4 lower seeded and visiting teams won on wild card weekend...
2015–16 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia

Teams don’t suddenly quit playing due to getting eliminated.

It’ll be in Philly, and it will be a dome team playing in cold weather.

Yeah, everyone keeps bringing the elimination thing up as if it matters. It doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing