PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

Again, if the Patriots thought they had anything in Stidham, why didn't he play in the last two meaningless games? No one has been able to give me a plausible answer to this simple question.

Reactions: sb1
His final NE off-season if he does not prove his worth.

2021 will be his 3rd camp and the covid excuse won't save him. Covid has been through a full season to conclusion. Covid didn't hold Herbert back.

I would like to see a draft pick QB, FA signed capable of passing and Hoyer let go.

FA, Draft and Stidham. You can always resign Homer if Stidham gets a boot in the *** after camp and pre season.

LOL, let the discussion about his amazing return to glory begin:

I've been wondering why everyone has completely avoided the possibility that Stidham could be a viable option. He's being completely overlooked here. I suppose it has to do with the fact that Cant Newton stunk to high heaven and kept the starter's job. I wish the kid well and hope he makes it here.

I've been wondering why everyone has completely avoided the possibility that Stidham could be a viable option. He's being completely overlooked here. I suppose it has to do with the fact that Cant Newton stunk to high heaven and kept the starter's job. I wish the kid well and hope he makes it here.
I’ll go on record that the injury that Jarrett said he said he had that Bill said he didn’t have.
Is what sealed his fate last year.
Bill wanted to see the kid take the job by the horns take serious steps to show he was the guy.
Nursing a injury that Bill didn’t and the medical staff didn’t think was serious.
We all know how old school Bill is.
Bill thought I have Cam Newton who is here everyday first one at practice tough as nails and I have Jarrett who said he was injured when our staff cleared him.
Clearly I see who wants to be the leader of this team.
For those who think Bill wouldn’t hold that Against the kid.
We can go thru many situations where Bill has done this with a player.

I'm super upset Brady didn't retire in the sunset like we all hoped, but it sounds like people wanted Belichick to sign Brady to a massive 4-5 year contract at the age of 40-41?

Even Brees has been living off of 1-2 year contracts since 2016.

I honestly don't think it was money. Brady was pissed at Guerrero banning and it made him disgruntled. After that, every little BB quirk probably annoyed him more and more. He and Gronk likely complained to each other and both bounced when they could.

I know they're professionals but they're also people and we can all relate to the feeling of hating your boss once he screws you over. Brady knew his talent and was tired of always being linked to the guy he grew tired of.

Just my opinion. BB's quirks drove him away. That's the other edge to his coaching/gm sword. The same attitude that molded Brady into a pure winner with an amazing work ethic ended up being what drove them apart. (again, my opinion)
Brady came into the NYFL with a strong work ethic and respect for authority. That's what made him a perfect fit for Belichick's style.

Again, if the Patriots thought they had anything in Stidham, why didn't he play in the last two meaningless games? No one has been able to give me a plausible answer to this simple question.
The only person who can give you that answer is Bill Belichick and he isn't here. Why not give him a call and ask him?

Hopefully the Pats told him to do this to get interest from other teams for a trade. Maybe they can get a new bag of balls instead of an old scuffed up bag. :)

Good on Stidham. Can't fault the kid's effort. All anyone can do is give of their best.
You never heard of giving 110%? That is the basic expectation in modern sports.

What is with the hate? he is a perfectly adequate #2 QB in this league.... He was drafted in 4th round and appears to be working hard?

Stidham did not cut Tom Brady.... Nor should he be expected to be the next Tom Brady.

I don’t for one second think Belichick believed Stidham was “a better option” than Tom Brady. He did know he was a $24.5 million cheaper option, though, at a time when cap space was very tight. Really, we don’t know if Bill really thought Stidham would start. If he didn’t sign Cam it may have been some other QB. Bill never said anything that I’m aware of that sounded like he felt Stidham was starting material.
Which is my biggest issue (well second biggest issue I wanted Brady here no matter what) will Bill running Brady out of town. He didn't do it because he wanted to see what he had with a young guy he drafted. He did it because he bungled the cap. He had no plan. He seemed content to start Stidham or Hoyer or get a scrap heap guy and we see how scrap heap guys look.

What is with the hate? he is a perfectly adequate #2 QB in this league.... He was drafted in 4th round and appears to be working hard?

Stidham did not cut Tom Brady.... Nor should he be expected to be the next Tom Brady.
What makes you think he is a capable number 2? He didn't start when Cam missed the KC game. He didn't start down the stretch when Cam was playing some of the worst football I have ever seen from a QB. I don't hate the guy but I think it is pretty clear Bill thinks he can't play.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
What makes you think he is a capable number 2? He didn't start when Cam missed the KC game. He didn't start down the stretch when Cam was playing some of the worst football I have ever seen from a QB. I don't hate the guy but I think it is pretty clear Bill thinks he can't play.

4 INTs in 48 pass attempts. Not good. Neither is his 54 passer rating in garbage time vs defenses who have let their foot off the gas.

QB project approaching 25 years old who regresses from year 1 to year 2...doesn't indicate a promising career in the NFL.

Don't see him making the roster.

4 INTs in 48 pass attempts. Not good. Neither is his 54 passer rating in garbage time vs defenses who have let their foot off the gas.

QB project approaching 25 years old who regresses from year 1 to year 2...doesn't bode very well for a career in the NFL.

Don't see him making the roster.
I think there is a better chance that he is on a practice squad next year than him starting a game.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back