PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: McDaniels to the Raiders nearly done. [Confirmed DONE1/31/22]

Also @venecol what about everything else I mentioned? The useless threads that end up with him buried? Hijacking threads? Making stuff up about a coach or player and starting a thread on something that's not real lol? Rage & spam post over and over again?

Genuinely curious bc many posters, long time posters have come out and said how awful he is. This is hardly a me vs him issue. And again I don't find the harm in talking about it or clearing the air.

Sigh.

I can't believe you wrote that.

In 2019, we had not only 4 injured offensive linemen, but Edelman playing with broken ribs. Marshall Newhouse, who was previous on a couch eating Cheetos, was our starting LT. Newhouse never played another game for any other team after that season. Cannon was hurt, Andrews was out, Mason was busted up, only Thuney played on that OL. Gronk had just retired. LATE. and left us with no options at TE. Antonio Brown had his thugs threaten a woman's children. We gave up a 2nd rounder to a bust who was on his way out the league.

The idea that this could be put on McDaniels? It's preposterous. If anything, it's a miracle that team went 10-1
Alright buddy, go marry him will you.

If you've liked watching our offense for the last 3 seasons and don't think any of that is on the OC then I don't know what to tell you. It's just as preposterous (if not more so) to blame 3 largely different sets of players than the guy who has been the constant in that time. He's simply not been at the level he was before and I think that's quite clear to a lot of us, there may be some mitigating circumstances but at the end of the day there's no excusing how poor and predictable we've been on offense.

"Sigh".

If you've liked watching our offense for the last 3 seasons and don't think any of that is on the OC then I don't know what to tell you. It's just as preposterous (if not more so) to blame 3 largely different sets of players than the guy who has been the constant in that time. He's simply not been at the level he was before and I think that's quite clear to a lot of us, there may be some mitigating circumstances but at the end of the day there's no excusing how poor and predictable we've been on offense.

"Sigh".
Holy cow--I'll say again, 2019: No Gronk, no O-line. Injured. 2020: Cam Newton. 2021: Mac Jones was the best QB of his rookie class and had a rookie season that was so much better than the vast majority of NFL rookie QBs. Simple to understand.

Also @venecol what about everything else I mentioned? The useless threads that end up with him buried? Hijacking threads? Making stuff up about a coach or player and starting a thread on something that's not real lol? Rage & spam post over and over again?

Genuinely curious bc many posters, long time posters have come out and said how awful he is. This is hardly a me vs him issue. And again I don't find the harm in talking about it or clearing the air.
I don't have any issues with you man. You're missing my point. It's not about him. It's about cancelling posters on an open forum. There's all sorts of posters here. We have the know-it-alls. The negative nancies. The dumb af trolls. The endless argumentative pricks. The funny. The serious. The knowledgable. The whack jobs. The crass. They're all here. You don't like someone, just put them on ignore. Live and let live man. Idgaf about DKF or whatever nonsense he spills. It's not about that for me.

He only exists to bash Josh so it makes sense.
It may sound personal against McDaniels, but if he is truly the reincarnation of NEM, it's hubris of thinking they are better at calling offensive plays (after seeing results). It didn't matter when Zampese turned into Weis - the OC hatred and ranting continued regardless. I expect history to repeat itself here.

I don't have any issues with you man. You're missing my point. It's not about him. It's about cancelling posters on an open forum. There's all sorts of posters here. We have the know-it-alls. The negative nancies. The dumb af trolls. The endless argumentative pricks. The funny. The serious. The knowledgable. The whack jobs. The crass. They're all here. You don't like someone, just put them on ignore. Live and let live man. Idgaf about DKF or whatever nonsense he spills. It's not about that for me.
Being suspended isn't the same as being "canceled", it's completely different. Being canceled here would essentially entail a full ban, which is extremely rare and I avoid that at all costs.

But otherwise, @DropKickFlutie is already allowed back in and his account is active, so there shouldn't be any further issues and I'm hopeful that last week's news should also make him a little happier ;)

Being suspended isn't the same as being "canceled", it's completely different. Being canceled here would essentially entail a full ban, which is extremely rare and I avoid that at all costs.

But otherwise, @DropKickFlutie is already allowed back in and his account is active, so there shouldn't be any further issues and I'm hopeful that last week's news should also make him a little happier ;)
Right. He was quoting a post made BEFORE you spoke about the 7 day suspension.

Reactions: Ian
and I believe Ian is enhancing the Ignore User function to make it more useful.
Spamming threads with out of context repetition is something i could do without.

"Sigh".
You're beginning to sound like DropKickFlutie..

I have watched the offense the last 3 seasons and your opinions are half-assed at best. Claiming "some mitigating circumstances" is just plain laughable.

No, it's not "preposterous" to point out the fallacies behind your garbage. If anything, it highlights your significant lack of football knowledge.

In the last 3 seasons:

- 4 Different Starting QBs (Brady, Newton, Hoyer, Jones).
- 2019 - massive injuries on our O-line and we still managed to revamp our game to take us into the play-offs. There were big defensive issues that came to light after Halloween. Not to mention the WR issues..
- 2020 - Covid- Injuries to Michel, Harris, Edelman, Harry. Defense issues continue.
- 2021 - Trent Brown missing 8 games. Wynn missing time. Coaching issues on defense. Defense not holding the team in games. Excellent running game despite injuries to 3 of the 5 RBs including the loss of WHITE for the entire season.

You want to b!tch about McDaniels and make all sorts of whack claims but you ignore that it was the DEFENSE that let the team down each of the past 3 seasons.

Than you'll have people who show up drunk, throw up on your carpet. Start fights and eat all your food.
Still way better than those that show up food, start drunk, throw up carpet and eat all your fights (but that's just my opinion).

McDaniels was a good OC. He will be missed. I liked to see a young guy with good ideas get gig instead of an older guy like BOB.. I think the league kinda figures out guys after a while.. So a new coach can really shake things up.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back