PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel Unhappy With His First Round Treatment by Patriots (MOD EDIT: Title Modified)

Thread title inspired.....

5162OMkL2zL.jpg

Kraft's not cheap guys..... :rofl:
Kraft Force One was on standby at the Jupiter FL Executive Airport that spring, fueled and ready for priority transport at a moments notice.

@venecol you know the decision maker's gone, right? Interesting that you lead with "this is thread worthy" because it's another former player ****ting on the Pats, specifically, Belichick and his disdain for early round prima donas. We know Bill would rather take an interior lineman in the first, because it's a workman position, and then take his skill guys late so they have to work harder. So, he didn't roll out the red carpet for Sony? Yawn. Took eff'n Rodney Harrison to the Ground Eff'n Round. This is how he operated. It worked until it didn't. They've moved on. The new HC is a former early first round pick. The LB coach is a former early first round pick. They'll know how to treat high end talent, coming out of the NCAA with their NIL deal and their fat wallet. They've moved on from Bill's old school ways. Maybe you can move on, too.

@venecol you know the decision maker's gone, right? Interesting that you lead with "this is thread worthy" because it's another former player ****ting on the Pats, specifically, Belichick and his disdain for early round prima donas. We know Bill would rather take an interior lineman in the first, because it's a workman position, and then take his skill guys late so they have to work harder. So, he didn't roll out the red carpet for Sony? Yawn. Took eff'n Rodney Harrison to the Ground Eff'n Round. This is how he operated. It worked until it didn't. They've moved on. The new HC is a former early first round pick. The LB coach is a former early first round pick. They'll know how to treat high end talent, coming out of the NCAA with their NIL deal and their fat wallet. They've moved on from Bill's old school ways. Maybe you can move on, too.
This thread has nothing to do w/ Bill. @Ian knows why I started it. He also changed my original thread title.

This thread has nothing to do w/ Bill. @Ian knows why I started it. He also changed my original thread title.
Ian did change the thread title. However, Ian wasn't expecting something relatively innocuous to explode into a multi-thread thing.

Again, anything new on a topic - when it comes from a reputable source - is something I try and break out to a new thread so people can see that there's news without having to dig through a current megathread. As I tried explaining, there was still speculation Mac might be sticking around and potentially even be in training camp. Rapoport's story changes that, or at least something was leaked to him (which they've clearly done a little more of as of late to quiet various narratives).

We all know Mac is going - it's just a matter of when. It just now at least sounds a little more like he'll be gone this offseason. The other thread was speculating on his value. Rapoport's report was news-worthy.

This wasn't meant to be a huge deal, and I'm a little surprised it went that way. But this started a couple of weeks ago when the news of one of the coaches moving on was buried in a thread and wasn't front-and-center on here for anyone casually looking at the board to find it. Just trying to make it easy for the people like myself who might be at work and are just scanning to see if any news broke while they were away. That's my only motive.

Again, really isn't -and wasn't - meant to be such a big deal.

Reactions: sb1
Ian did change the thread title. However, Ian wasn't expecting something relatively innocuous to explode into a multi-thread thing.

Again, anything new on a topic - when it comes from a reputable source - is something I try and break out to a new thread so people can see that there's news without having to dig through a current megathread. As I tried explaining, there was still speculation Mac might be sticking around and potentially even be in training camp. Rapoport's story changes that, or at least something was leaked to him (which they've clearly done a little more of as of late to quiet various narratives).

We all know Mac is going - it's just a matter of when. It just now at least sounds a little more like he'll be gone this offseason. The other thread was speculating on his value. Rapoport's report was news-worthy.

This wasn't meant to be a huge deal, and I'm a little surprised it went that way. But this started a couple of weeks ago when the news of one of the coaches moving on was buried in a thread and wasn't front-and-center on here for anyone casually looking at the board to find it. Just trying to make it easy for the people like myself who might be at work and are just scanning to see if any news broke while they were away. That's my only motive.

I wouldn't justify yourself just do what you got to do and we'll all continue to enjoy this excellent message board you provide for us to use. Thank you much appreciated.

I wouldn't justify yourself just do what you got to do and we'll all continue to enjoy this excellent message board you provide for us to use. Thank you much appreciated.
As I've said, I'm cool with anyone pointing out things that bug them, @venecol obviously included. It's just I know we assume some things are obvious, but this particular story - Mac's days here being numbered - while obvious, had enough legs the other way in terms of this dragging out, that clearly the team (or someone within the organization) felt the need to put this out there.

Again, the post with that information was buried in the thread. It was news-worthy enough where I just moved it to another one which was different from us speculating about his future. Instead, it led to more frustrating than what was intended.

As I've said, I'm cool with anyone pointing out things that bug them, @venecol obviously included. It's just I know we assume some things are obvious, but this particular story - Mac's days here being numbered - while obvious, had enough legs the other way in terms of this dragging out, that clearly the team (or someone within the organization) felt the need to put this out there.

Again, the post with that information was buried in the thread. It was news-worthy enough where I just moved it to another one which was different from us speculating about his future. Instead, it led to more frustrating than what was intended.

I really enjoyed the whole episode. It was funny and interesting to hear their different experiences. Was he unhappy? I'd say he came across as more disappointed.

Please keep referring to yourself in the third person too.

Reactions: Ian
Standard operating procedure under Belichick. He recruited Rodney Harrison by taking him to the Ground Round of all places. And it worked too. It all fits into what Belichick cares about - no frills, no divas, just football and the team. That’s why he placed such a great deal of emphasis on character instead of athleticism. The approach worked until it didn’t.
You mean it worked once Brady started playing and stopped working right after he stopped playing?

I agree with you till character over althletism part. Always athletism first and then you look for character. Otherwise you end up with slow ass DBs drafted in the 2nd round.

Hilarious that his gripe is over not getting a private jet. The other teams clearly waste resources if that's how they do it.

Southwest is a bit much though. Make it a Delta lol!

Whatever.....

Southwest is a nice airline....their boarding process needs tweaking though...

Michel also talked about his experience playing for Belichick, who he called a “solid coach” and “very approachable.”

guess old ass bill didn't have a problem relating to this young guy either
:cool:
Not sure what you don't seem to understand how important having Brady (alpha leader) in the lockerroom was to Belichick. Brady allowed Belichick to be Belichick by taking hits in front of everyone, being treated like everyone, and keeping the troops in line and focused. Once Brady walked out the door, it was over.

Bill tried to keep it going by holding on to dynasty players past their time (High, Chung, Slatter, McCourty), so they could translate his ways to the younger players. None of those guys were alphas. It didn't work. We all witnessed the results. It went from bad to worse, especially by replacing Brady w/ Mac, who just wanted to be one of the guys. Lol

Please stop derailing the thread. This is about Sony. There's a ton of other Mac threads for this.

Thank you

Perhaps you could change it to "Michel". Whatever people think about ex-Pats, it's not good to get their names wrong.

Perhaps you could change it to "Michel". Whatever people think about ex-Pats, it's not good to get their names wrong.
I had it correct. Another fail by Ian.

Not sure what you don't seem to understand how important having Brady (alpha leader) in the lockerroom was to Belichick. Brady allowed Belichick to be Belichick by taking hits in front of everyone, being treated like everyone, and keeping the troops in line and focused. Once Brady walked out the door, it was over.

Bill tried to keep it going by holding on to dynasty players past their time (High, Chung, Slatter, McCourty), so they could translate his ways to the younger players. None of those guys were alphas. It didn't work. We all witnessed the results. It went from bad to worse, especially by replacing Brady w/ Mac, who just wanted to be one of the guys. Lol
i don't agree it was just tb. i did post somewhere about having strong leaders in the lr like tedy,rodney,willie was important. the lr belongs to the players and loss of leaders there definitely has hurt with being a buffer. maybe i didn't post that here. but none of that has anything to do with what michel said directly about bb.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back