PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder watch / EDIT: Solder to NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, we lose another to 4 yrs and $62 M.

Hate to see Solder go. So far we have lost a lot.

Time to turn the corner, Patriots.

What is Brady thinking? 1 more year?

Brady will likely find a way. I just hope this defense improves.

This really hurts. Out of the crappy news so far this and Dola are the two that are most painful !

That's a lot of money for a guy who's never made a Pro Bowl.

We'll know that BB and the Pats have hit peak desperation when Gisele announces she's "bulking up now to play LT to protect my man"

Looks like Plan B is down the toilet too.....

I dug around for some photos of Vollmer and he really has slimmed down, he looks great. Makes me happy to see because I assume that the majority of linemen (and a lot of players in general) aren't optimizing their overall health when optimizing their bodies for football (excessive caloric intake, maintaining weight and massive amounts of muscle, etc).

1pdw4

Waiting for the FA dust to clear and see who BB targets for bargain basement prices :)

Edit: Noticed Ty Matthieu released by Zona I believe....but price may be too steep ...

Maybe Cannon is capable of playing left tackle. The transition isn't one-to-one but he is an All Pro-caliber right tackle...

I dug around for some photos of Vollmer and he really has slimmed down, he looks great. Makes me happy to see because I assume that the majority of linemen (and a lot of players in general) aren't optimizing their overall health when optimizing their bodies for football (excessive caloric intake, maintaining weight and massive amounts of muscle, etc).

1pdw4

Wow, he looks great - he looks like he weighs as much as I do now, except he's 6'8" and I'm 6'1". Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a tad, but good for him!

OK, I have been very calm throughout the departures of DA, Lewis, and Butler, but this one hurts. Mostly because I can't see the Giants offer being that much more than what the Pats were offering. (though I could be wrong here).

On the more positive note, I'm pretty sure that between Waddle, Garcia, Flemming, and Cannon the Pats will find a decent OT rotation. The OL has had such great continuity over the last few seasons, its a shame that it had to break up with Solder's leaving.

Suh will cost more

Dunno...Solder is now being paid 15M/yr on average. Suh was being paid more, but the market has two other good DL-men I like as well: Richardson and Poe.

Right now, I am thinking we should sign a few FA's...and spend the rest of our money extending core guys like Cooks, Gronk, Brady, and etc...

Considering all of the back problems Vollmer had, losing weight has probably improved his quality of life considerably. Extra weight does a bad back no good. One of the first things they tell you when you have chronic back pain is to lose weight.

Not a great player, and not worth the money. But, the issue is what it so often is, which is finding an adequate replacement.

4/62 is too much for us to match. I can't fault the team for not matching.

Not a great player, and not worth the money. But, the issue is what it so often is, which is finding an adequate replacement.

He played well enough down the stretch. Did the pats offer him a deal? Idk. These players have cashed in. Good for them but bad for us. Likely will draft a tackle unless scar can turn one of these guys into an adequate replacement. We will see. It's tough losing all these players and making it back to the big game. A lot of turn over.

Reports are saying Solder is about to agree a 4 year $61m deal with the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand