PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who is our next OC And DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about it - Belichick has been prepared for this for a while.
Flores seems like a good choice - Bill can be OC for a year if need be.
My worry is when both leave he can’t just take one coordinator under his wing.

My guess is that he is more DC than OC only because O Shea also seems ready and has Ivan fears, Dante and Brady on his side of the ball so he will have a lot of high level help. Plus there is a qb coach so he won’t have to double at that. I assume he won’t be named coordinator but will stay wr coach taking a supervisory role over the offense while the full coordinator duties are shared and we will bring in an asst wr coach.(Brian belichick?)

The defensive side isn’t as deep and experienced.

Flores is 100% our next DC unless Arizona hires him, which I doubt. I've heard that he has also called some plays during preseason.

On the other hand, does anyone know if Chad O'Shea (presumably our next OC) called plays at all?

I think o’shea Called plays this past preseason.

With a veteran qb, we can get out of bad plays if need be.

I think Flores will make an excellent dc.

Stupid Texans were supposed to fire O'Brien so he could come back here after McDaniels.

Not sure that BB can get away with not giving Flores the title as he may follow McDaniels if he offers him the title of DC in Indianapolis.. pleasantly surprised that Flores has risen to the upper echelon so quickly.

Is Schiano the wild card???

Offensively Chad O'Shea???

FYI O'Shea and Flores were de facto O and D coordinators in the last preseason game this year...

A) He sucks as a head coach not as a defensive coordinator
B) Like I said earlier, Bilichick will keep him in check to prevent the mistakes he had in the past.
C) Just f**king keep Flores so everybody is happy
Perhaps we can end this the easy way.
Rex Ryan was dc from 05-08 in Baltimore and hc from 09-14 in nj and 15-16 in Buffalo.
So let’s compare his aggressive blitzing defenses to belichicks conservative defenses over that time. This is a 12 year look.

Points allowed.
Ryan 3931
B.B. 3645

Sacks
Ryan. 451
B.B. 470

Takeaways
Ryan. 309
B.B. 345

So what exactly are we trying to accomplish by being aggressive like rex?

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Maybe some manager from Popeyes?

Lurking on the Colts messageboards some fans are saying they don't want his cheating or rule bending ways and tell him to keep his cheating in New England.
Morons don't deserve him or the Belichick coaching tree.
Josh hope you made the right decision right now to me you feel like Fredo and Brady is Michael Corleone.

Perhaps we can end this the easy way.
Rex Ryan was dc from 05-08 in Baltimore and hc from 09-14 in nj and 15-16 in Buffalo.
So let’s compare his aggressive blitzing defenses to belichicks conservative defenses over that time. This is a 12 year look.

Points allowed.
Ryan 3931
B.B. 3645

Sacks
Ryan. 451
B.B. 470

Takeaways
Ryan. 309
B.B. 345

So what exactly are we trying to accomplish by being aggressive like rex?

Flores is my top choice, then maybe Mangini because of the system familiarity. I was just keeping an open mind because BB may not have the luxury of grooming for the position. Dude is what, like 66 yrs old? Whatever he decides, I am all aboard.

Flores is my top choice, then maybe Mangini because of the system familiarity. I was just keeping an open mind because BB may not have the luxury of grooming for the position. Dude is what, like 66 yrs old? Whatever he decides, I am all aboard.
I think Mangini is persona non grata

Patrick graham might be the abduction to bring back.
Never mind graham was hired by the packers.

Mangini needs to make amends ASAP because Arizona might snatch Flores. Now, them Cardinals are very quiet on social media about who they are gonna hire. Maybe Flores is quietly building his coaching staff? Buying time until the season ends?

Mangini needs to make amends ASAP because Arizona might snatch Flores. Now, them Cardinals are very quiet on social media about who they are gonna hire. Maybe Flores is quietly building his coaching staff? Buying time until the season ends?
Mangini is dead. There is no Mangini

I'm fine with these.

I'd prefer to bring back Charlie Weis.

weisongaroppolobst_1920x1080_931576899552.jpg

That would be my guess, except I am concerned Patricia might clip Flores. I wonder how Brendan Daly would fare as DC?
Back in black!
I hit the sack!
Been too long I'm glad to be back
I cut loose...

...oh it's OC, I thought it said "AC..." whatever

FYI Buddy Ryan was a DC, and he's also not with us anymore...

PS Charlie's not afraid to run the ball, will take some pressure off Tom, who, like all of us, isn't getting any younger.

I totally want Tom to keep playing until he's fifty...I want more rings!!!

Who knows, maybe the Krafts will even accidentally get some sense knocked into them and they'll restore our real uni's and we can win a SB looking like us for once!

If he can shut his mouth and swallow his pride, I think he will be a great addition to the pats

If he can shut his mouth and swallow his pride?

Do you know who Rex Ryan is? That is what he is to his core... he cannot help himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST