PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So ... who is going to (hopefully) do it? (EDIT: NEVERMIND - Down goes PIT vs WAS)

if they do go undefeated and make it to the superbowl would tomlin try to trip a player going in for the winning score to preserve the perfect season.
I've heard he's been practicing with a certain former WWE guy on the flying clotheline. Can't speak to the truth of it as I haven't had it confirmed by multiple sources and my 1 source chooses to remain anonymous.

Cross the Browns off.

They are a dumb team who will be in a position to beat Pitt, but do something idiotic giving the win away.

So here's a look at Pittsburgh's remaining schedule:

12/7 - vs Washington
12/13 - at Buffalo
12/21 - at Cincinnati
12/27 - vs Colts
1/3 - at Browns

Looking at this, it feels like maybe Buffalo or possibly on the road against Cleveland. But if ever there was a chance that we could see them pull off the unthinkable, this schedule certainly appears like one that may see them run the table.

So frustrating...the idea of having to listen to Steelers fans brag about an undefeated regular season would be painful and I'm just hoping someone pulls off the upset between now and the end of the season.

I'm not at all concerned because this is NOT a legitimate NFL season -- hasn't been from the beginning. When all is said and done EVERYTHING about it deservers a big fat asterisk regardless of how the league has attempted to sell it. As far as I'm concerned 2020 has been nothing more than an extra-long exhibition season and real business resumes once the pandemic is over.

It's always the one you don't see coming -- Bengals.

Any of them except probably Cincinnati could do it. Pitt is good but not a juggernaut.

Ben “Willis Reed” Rapistburger is now listed as “questionable” for Monday for a non injury related situation according to BSPN. I’m guessing he hasn’t got enough attention this week, or maybe he was visiting college bars again.

12/7 - vs Washington
12/13 - at Buffalo
12/21 - at Cincinnati
12/27 - vs Colts
1/3 - at Browns

Looking at this, it feels like maybe Buffalo or possibly on the road against Cleveland. But if ever there was a chance that we could see them pull off the unthinkable, this schedule certainly appears like one that may see them run the table.

So frustrating...the idea of having to listen to Steelers fans brag about an undefeated regular season would be painful and I'm just hoping someone pulls off the upset between now and the end of the season.
1)Injuries - to Ben specifically. He walks into a game like Arturo Gotti walked into a fight. Already half beat up, licking his wounds from previous fights. He's still walking a fine line in a few other areas too. Arm is just good enough. Mobility is all but gone. He's a big hit away from being out for a few weeks and Tomlin might want to think about that when they have seeding wrapped up in a few weeks.

2)Peak Buffalo is pretty good. They could put up 25+ and hold Pitt around 20-25 I believe. They'll want that game. If nothing else Washington might help if that DL can get lucky once or twice.

3)Colts will be playing for everything. They're fighting and might be a better choice than Buffalo bc they're a little more balanced imo. Rivers could be gone. A few other vets and young guys from the last few drafts. That team wants to win.

4)Browns look good against the right opponent. When things line up but haven't convinced me they're anything more than a good team. Still a ton of potential there for the future but I'm not sure I'm buying them as a true contender. Anyway like I mentioned would Tomlin rest Ben if he was really banged up that game with the possibility of Garrett spearing him in half?

Credit them though. I'm not the biggest Tomlin fan but the man can coach. They're defense is legit. He's not as good as Bill, at eating scandals for breakfast but he's really good. Think of all the lunatics that's passed through that locker room and he's made it work for the most part.

Last edited:
Right now I have no reason to believe they won't. Playoffs are another matter, I could easily see them losing to the Chiefs.

12/7 - vs Washington
12/13 - at Buffalo
12/21 - at Cincinnati
12/27 - vs Colts
1/3 - at Browns

not a single sole will respect a 16-0 season in 2020. Even if we somehow won the super bowl, I won’t argue to hard with someone against it having an asterisk next to it. This season has been a joke

Could we have a 16-0 team and an 0-16 team in the same season?
We should've had that already...

I don't give the 'Skins much of a chance later today...But the Billiards will be highly motivated to beat them...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back