PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So ... who is going to (hopefully) do it? (EDIT: NEVERMIND - Down goes PIT vs WAS)

Pittsburgh....... has a running game thats good enough.
29th in rushing yds/carry
29th in rushing yds/game
24th in rushing TDs
31st in Expected points contributed by rushing offense (-27.45)

Tomlin should have been fired years ago.

Under his tenure, the Steelers have lost in the post season every which way and in every round. His supporters will argue that Tomlin has never had a losing record in 14 seasons and that is true. Unfortunately for him, dynasties in any sport are measured by Championships. The last team standing. Not Division banners and getting into the post season. Love them or hate them, the Pittsburgh Steelers are among the gold standard of what the downtrodden and less fortunate NFL franchises aspire to become.

First ballot Hall of Famer Ben doesnt have much time left in the sand dial and all Tomlin has brought home is 1 Super Bowl trophy to show for himself. Basically, in 2007 Tomlin took a Bill Cowher team and in year 2 won a Super Bowl. All that talent on the roster season after what is today 12 seasons gone to waste.

The Steelers are not winning the Super Bowl this year. There is something wrong with that team. Heading into yesterdays game, Pittsburgh had the NFLs best defense in points allowed. They have a WR corps to die for and a running games thats good enough. Their TE Ebron is respectable and of course a HOF QB.

As much as I hate to say it, Tomlin is one of the better coaches in the NFL. Not every team can have a Bill. Which other coaches would you take ahead of him? For me Bill, Pete, Harbawl, Reid, and Payton., Vrabel, and Gruden are maybes.

My point is that it is going to be hard to improve from Tomlin.

29th in rushing yds/carry
29th in rushing yds/game
24th in rushing TDs
31st in Expected points contributed by rushing offense (-27.45)
The 2001 Pats won a super Bowl championship with the 28th ranked rushing game.

For years the Pats had terrible RBs that went nowhere, but still won Super Bowls.

As much as I hate to say it, Tomlin is one of the better coaches in the NFL. Not every team can have a Bill. Which other coaches would you take ahead of him? For me Bill, Pete, Harbawl, Reid, and Payton., Vrabel, and Gruden are maybes.

My point is that it is going to be hard to improve from Tomlin.
This only means that Tomlin is adequate.

Like hanging on to an underperforming QB because you can't find anyone better.

For years the Pats had terrible RBs that went nowhere, but still won Super Bowls.
Translation....."Good enough" = "Running proficiency doesn't matter because Pats won 19 years ago"
Got ya

I am miserably preparing myself for chiefs Steelers. I really don’t want the chiefs to win the Super Bowl... but I really really don’t want the Steelers to win the super bowl... would be awesome if a dark horse team took the afc but that seems incredibly unlikely this year.

I'm not even kidding when I say this: Cleveland is stacked. Mayfield is unpredictable, but when he's on, holy crap.

Translation....."Good enough" = "Running proficiency doesn't matter because Pats won 19 years ago"
Got ya
The Chiefs have the 27th ranked rushing game.

Somebody better tell Vegas that KC ain't winning no Super Bowl this year.

?

13th in yards. Smith was 11th in the league in RBs.

Edit: Oh you mean 2003. 27th in yards. Their offense was pretty average overall though it was their defense that was great that year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/larry-...-annual-show-of-dolphins-petty-032832806.html

Every NFL season — usually around this time — we hear from members of a football team from decades yore celebrating the achievement of another team with which they have zero affiliation or affinity.

This team, of course, is the 1972 Miami Dolphins. And we heard from one of its most prominent members during and after the Washington Football Team’s stunning Monday upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers, putting an end to the last undefeated record of the 2020 NFL season.

Hall of Fame running back Larry Csonka took to Twitter to toast the Washington win, marking one of the most tried and true customs in the NFL — the ‘72 Dolphins celebrating their place as the only undefeated team in NFL history.

Larry Czonka celebrated with champagne while Mercury Morris celebrated with a rock

Sorry I’m advance, @Ian , but I think the Steelers’ demise this month warrants a little chuckle at their expense ! Heehee.

Ok, I’m good. Carry on.

Sorry I’m advance, @Ian , but I think the Steelers’ demise this month warrants a little chuckle at their expense ! Heehee.

Ok, I’m good. Carry on.
Phil Rivers says hold my beer

• Sad
Reactions: jah

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back