PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I am in Fort Lauderdale and it’s crawling with Pats fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! I just got back from FL and had to take a few days before posting. After that debacle of an outcome, I did not end up going anywhere to celebrate with fellow Pats fans and instead went to drown my sorrows in margaritas and sangria in the Las Olas area (cool neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shops).

Oh that damn game!!!
Crappy D + Crappy kicking + Crappy play calling and/or execution on the last play of each half cost us a win. For the first time ever in this game I thought 2 things: 1) we should consider getting rid of Ghost. He has become officially unreliable. 2) BB is losing it. I have never really gotten over his terrible coaching job in the Super Bowl, and I don't get why our D can be so vulnerable so much of the time. We are vulnerable up the middle to a power runner and behind the line where we have no strong linebackers. Why hasn't this been fixed? How could Brady take a sack on 3rd down inside the 20 (or was the 10?) and lie there and get no points at the end of the 1st half? I guess Brady says that's on him but nobody said, "remember, no time outs, throw it away if there's nothing there." in the helmet prior to the play?

And the end of the game. Don't get me started. When they let the clock run all the way down and took a TO, I thought for sure they were going to do the following BB classic - go for it on 4th down, but only with a run play, and instruct the runner that the goal is not so much to score, but to run around and run all the time off the clock, so even if we don't score, they get the ball back on the 2 with about 5 seconds left, or maybe even no time left. Nope. Kicked the figgy (which Ghost made for once, but every single Pats fan in the stadium was holding his/her breath). Ok, I can see wanting to be up by 5 instead of 2. Kick it deep and hold them to a few plays and time runs out. Nope, squib kick that our kickoff team (that has for weeks been having trouble containing) has trouble containing. Then that last horrible mess where BB thought it was a Hail Mary. but it was more like a kick return, that our kickoff team, which now includes Gronk as the last man standing, cannot contain. ARRRGGGGHHH! They thought it was in the bag and just relaxed, or can't tackle, or didn't think.

On the Pats sightings, when we got back to the hotel on Saturday night we saw Josh Gordon and Kyle Van Noy. My friends (who are more fan girls than me) got a pic with Kyle Van Noy, and they saw Sony Michel and Vince Wilfork. The next morning they went out and watched the guys come out and got pics of Edelman, Slater & Brady among others. At the time it was all exciting, but after the game seemed like an afterthought.

PS - thanks to all who posted with suggestions. Despite what happened on Sunday we are thinking of going again next year, so the suggestions will come in handy then!

Reactions: Ian
PS - thanks to all who posted with suggestions. Despite what happened on Sunday we are thinking of going again next year, so the suggestions will come in handy then!
Deb, your Pats road trips are becoming memorable for the wrong reasons! o_O

What were the Dolphins fans like? Did they give visiting Pats fans any grief?

Deb, your Pats road trips are becoming memorable for the wrong reasons! o_O

What were the Dolphins fans like? Did they give visiting Pats fans any grief?
Don’t I know it! It’s my 2nd road trip in a row where we had to say at the end, “Great time!! (except for the outcome of the game...). The fans were ok. They were celebrating of course (who wouldn’t be after that!) but they were not in your face about it. The game was probably about 40% Pats fans anyway. Such a disappointment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe