PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need help with first trip to Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Patriot

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi all, been on this board for as long as I can remember, just not much of a poster. I even recall the days when NEM was banned, for those that remember that was quite a long time ago.

I am taking our first trip out to foxboro with the family for the AFC Championship game (planning for when they do make it) and I could use some help in determining which seats are best (I know I am going to be paying a lot no matter what). Can you see the whole field pretty well from the 111 or 108 sections? Or should I shoot for club level or the lower rows of sections 308-311. Or is there another area where there are good seats that I am not thinking of. Any help is appreciated! Go Pats!

*mods please move this thread to a different forum if needed

I don't know where you're shopping for tickets, but I find the following site quite useful in that you can get a graphic view of the field from whichever particular seat you might choose. Just move the cursor to a seat of choice and then click on the + in the window that pops up. This provides a very accurate sight vantage point.

StubHub!

A couple of years ago a group of us went and sat somewhere in the 308 - 311 sections and had a fine view of the game and a great time. Ticket prices were quite moderate.

If you can, go for sideline seats (goal line to goal line) on either side in the 100 level, the closer to mid-field the better. I am in 136, which is goal line on the visitors' side and we have good seats. Avoid the north end zone (south ez is a pricey club) as you can't see the other end of the field when the action is down there. Second choice would be 200 level goal line to goal line, again as close to mid-field as possible (but club seats take up most of the seats at this level). 3rd choice would be 300 level, but only 1st few rows, goal line to goal line, as close to mid-field as possible. You can actually see really well higher up, but it gets SO COLD up there at this time of year. I would probably choose the north ez over upper 300 seats. Have fun!

Edit - I would not choose the first 10 rows of the 100 level either. There are a lot of cameras, equipment, other fans, etc. that can block your view of the field.

Hi all, been on this board for as long as I can remember, just not much of a poster. I even recall the days when NEM was banned, for those that remember that was quite a long time ago.

I am taking our first trip out to foxboro with the family for the AFC Championship game (planning for when they do make it) and I could use some help in determining which seats are best (I know I am going to be paying a lot no matter what). Can you see the whole field pretty well from the 111 or 108 sections? Or should I shoot for club level or the lower rows of sections 308-311. Or is there another area where there are good seats that I am not thinking of. Any help is appreciated! Go Pats!

*mods please move this thread to a different forum if needed
First of all being SoCal pats fan and coming to a January game spend some time on dressing to stay warm.

I sit in the 3rd tier 10 rows back at about the 35-40 yard line.
I prefer to be up high because I can see everything. Someone with a 100 seat can probably give you their opinion on the view there, I’m just saying 300 isn’t far enough away that it’s an issue.

I would definitely prioritize as close to the 50 as possible as well.

Finally the only seats I’d prefer would be the back rows of the 200 level because they are under an overhang so would be great for rain games.

IMO, goal line to goal line anywhere in the stadium is good....obviously you really don't want the last 10 rows or so in the 300's..... and the lower seats , (100's) be prepared to stand most, if not all of the game, lastly....coming from Socal, pray you don't get the temps expected for this Sundays game

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies, all of this is extremely helpful and gives me a much better idea than just looking at the online views from the different sections. Would any of you have thoughts on staying downtown and riding into the game or staying closer to the stadium. I intend to get there early and enjoy some of the areas around the stadium.

Putnam club seats are a bit pricey but offer a wider and much more comfortable seat and fans do not stand as much in that section.
I like the food in the Putnam club but no small pizzas up there.
There are many fans who prefer to stand in the 100 and 200 sections - I'm not sure about the 300 nosebleed.
I'd rather sit to watch a game - but to each their own preference.

This has been my experience during my infrequent pilgrimages.

Season ticket holders feel free to correct if I may be wrong on some of this.

I always sit in the 300's- my experience is that for a regular season game, people will stand for huge plays.
For a playoff game, you'll be standing pretty much the whole game, even in the 300's. Which I prefer

View from the sideline of the 300's is great, but it can be tough to identify players and what not as you get higher

Fly into and stay in Providence, RI. It is closer. Unless you want history sites there is nothing in Boston you can't get anywhere. Lastly do NOT rent a car. Uber or Lyft or whatever. You drive defensively, we drive offensively. You'll be eaten alive even before we get to you can't drive in bad weather - no insult there.

@SoCal Patriot - click the tags just below the thread title for more responses from previous older threads that may be of use to you.

Enjoy the game!

I love rows 1-8 in the 300s. Great views and quick access to the concourse.

When I get tickets in the 300's I always feel as though I am going to fall over the edge.. weird but true.

When I get tickets in the 300's I always feel as though I am going to fall over the edge.. weird but true.

lol, I have an aisle seat row 16., I've seen your type walking up and down....the fright on the faces is hilarious, I've seen some big people....and some drunk people that don't belong up there either!!

IMO, goal line to goal line anywhere in the stadium is good....obviously you really don't want the last 10 rows or so in the 300's..... and the lower seats , (100's) be prepared to stand most, if not all of the game, lastly....coming from Socal, pray you don't get the temps expected for this Sundays game
I'm in the last 10 rows of the 300s at the 50. It's an awesome view plus we're right in front of the coaches booths so we get to see Ernie et al every game. I like it.

It does get cold and windy AF there, though.

Please plan on standing and making a lot of noise when the Pats don't have the ball! And have an awesome time! And I hope there is an AFCCG to attend!!!

Last year's first playoff game I sat in the 100's at the 10, second row, that damn rolling camera kept getting in my way, better off 10 rows or higher up from the field. Did get a close up view of the cheerleaders though, they all look like they're 16 yrs old.

I do not have season tickets but get them from the exchange or very often on charity auction sites or events. I usually shoot for low 300s goal line to goal line, or upper 100s - the rows in the 30s are great. Solid view of the whole field, yet still close to the sidelines to see what the players and coaches are doing. Upper 100s are great for easy access to the concourse, especially if the weather is brutal like this weekend.

Lower 100s are great for getting on TV if you have a decent sign or getup, seeing the players, coaches and cheerleaders on the sideline and heckling opponents on their side of the field. Lower 100s is great for photography. Warmups are fun for up close shots of current and former Patriots, douchebags from the league office, and NFL reporters.

There are lots of good tickets for tomorrow's game against the Jets on the exchange.

Please plan on standing and making a lot of noise when the Pats don't have the ball! And have an awesome time! And I hope there is an AFCCG to attend!!!

We most definitely will be making some noise! We are longtime Patriot fans and I was actually born and raised in Tommy's hometown of San Mateo.

107 - Row 20
111 - Row 36
309 - Row 1

107 and 309 tickets cost about the same with section 111 a couple hundred more. 107 will have a lot of people standing up which doesn't appear to matter since it sounds like the whole stadium will standing. 111 looks like a good option but the priciest. I'm leaning towards 309, row 1. Nobody in front, kids can sit down if needed and a great view of the field. Thanks again everyone for the help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes