PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tips for going to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My son and I may fly from Texas to Denver Sunday morning for the game Sunday night.

Tailgate info, lodging recs, do’s and dont’s and general tips appreciated.

P.S, - was going to get tickets on StubHub.

watch out for the donco fans. a few years ago a pats fan used a port a potty outside the stadium and a bunch of donco fans pushed it over with him still in it. i absolutely hate them.

Last edited:
If someone did that to a Jets fan I would think it is not funny either. That is really just not cool it crosses a line. I'm fine with friendly trash talk and ribbing of opposing fans, but that's assault. It may seem funny but people can get seriously hurt with **** like that (ummm...no pun intended).

I heard there's a nice donkey petting zoo just outside the stadium. I also heard that one of the donkeys look awfully like Elway....

Lastly, mind the horse ****....

Drink water. And drink more water. The altitude and dry climate can give you altitude sickness. Watch the high octane craft beers they will sneak up on you and give you a crushing hangover unless you drink water. Did I mention drink water?

Denver is now a pricey town to stay in. Check VRBO's and AirBNB's along with the hotels. You can stay out by the airport if you want to save a few bucks. You can take the train right to Union Station from the airport. No need to rent a car unless you want to day trip to the mountains. Use Uber or Lyft instead of cabs. There is much more going on in town rather than out by the airport but if you are cutting out first thing on Monday that might be a good option. Feel free to message me with any other ??

Read about the Denver airport conspiracy theories, they are crazy.

There is a giant demon horse statue outside of the airport (looks a lot like the local football team mascot). The day the artist who created it finished the project, it fell on top of him and killed him.

(The horse's nickname is now "Ray Lewis").

Rent a cabin up in the mountains, enjoy that awesome scenery, drive down into Denver for the game.

Top 10 Tips for Going to Denver:
10) Their equivalent for "Flying Elvis" to describe their decal is "Cyberhorse."
9) If you make a Westworld joke based on (1), they will not get it.
8) There are no longer any Shanahans on this coaching staff.
7) You cannot stop Brock Osweiler. You can only hope to contain him.
6) Don't sweat the enemy fans too much. The whole state's mile-high now.
5) The airport is not purposefully laid out like a swastika. I can't explain the wall art.
4) Prior to Tom Brady, the last NFL QB who had a shot at sorta kinda claiming a dynasty was this team's GM.
3) People used to say the Broncos were arrogant, but they're above all that. Literally.
2) REALLY? You want to get on the Patriots about PSIs?

And the #1 Tip for Going to Denver...
(1) Alcoholic drinks can sometimes feel 1.5 to 3 times more potent in Denver*. Save it for after the game, boys.

*It is not known whether this is due to altitude or due to the ineptitude of local bartenders. Best not to find out, if you're actually on the team.

3. Play Ball
Since Denver is located over 5,000 feet above sea level, our unique atmosphere allows baseballs to fly farther than anywhere else in America. In fact, the Colorado Rockies keep their baseballs in humidors to maintain a normal size because batters were gaining an advantage due to the lower air pressure!

9 of the Most Interesting Facts About Denver We Bet You Didn’t Know! | Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast

Seriously, if any of these barrelclowns starts yammering about deflategate, freaking rip em a new one (and they'll explosively decompress).

Water, chap-stick, and ibuprofen are my must haves traveling to Denver. Also, this time of year check the forecast before you leave.

Personally I wouldnt go...I think its probably no different than going to any stadium as the non-local fan. If you want to tailgate do it with other Pats fans, the young folks are ass wipes. Like someone else said stay near the airport although the A line has been pretty good lately it sometimes breaks. Otherwise you could consider staying the tech center or south of denver hotels are less costly and if you stay near the I25 cooridor you’ll always be near light rail which takes you right to the stadium. Most places on the 16th street mall are fan friendly to other teams and fans. Lots of water if your not used to the altitude.

Peyton Manning owns 21 Papa John restaurants all in Colorado.

Denver is awesome! I've been to the game there twice and loved it each time. Check out the Patriots tailgate group, they will let you sign up to tailgate with Patriots fans. I went one time and met Bob Kraft there.

Careful with the edibles, they can mess you up. Drink lots of water. Have fun!

It doesn't look like anything to me
DRkAfHm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes