SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Thu
Aug 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Best Rookie?
Chase Winovich is off to a terrific start here in preseason and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Hello from Manitoba!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patriot's Eh!, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Patriot's Eh!

Patriot's Eh! Rookie

Ratings:
    +8
    Hello from Winnipeg, Manitoba! A Winnipeg Jets fan and of course New England Patriots fan up here in the north!

Attending my very first NFL game and super excited to see our awesome team the PATRIOTS on September 22nd.

I have some questions that I'm hoping some folks can help me with. The patriots train doesnt get there til close to game time...are there other trains earlier so I can join in the festivities prior to game time? Also, if anyone would like to invite me to their tailgate party, I would be honoured. The tour bus that pick you up at hotels are quite expensive and could get hung up in traffic jams getting there, but I could be wrong?...

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,829
    Best bet is just to rent a car. Train right to Gillette second best but if you want to go earlier there are other train/commuter rail options to nearby stops but you would then need to Uber. others on here can provide better details I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,246
    @Patriot's Eh! - if you click on the tags at the top of this thread (repeated below), you may find some old threads with useful opinions on your question.

first game at foxboro | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

parking | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

tailgate | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

getting to the game | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

The consensus on this forum has been to avoid the train. There is too much of a chance that you will miss a good part of the first quarter, and you will need to rush out when the game ends.

That being said, the only way to the stadium - Route 1 - makes getting to the stadium a nightmare. Plan on leaving as early as possible. Lots open four hours before kickoff. Park before you reach the stadium, in order to avoid having to drive past the stadium during your exit. Uber, Boston Common Coach, Bus.com, Rally, etc are options. If you rent a car be prepared to pay as much as $60 for parking.

Getting there early allows you to soak up the pregame atmosphere. A rental makes tailgating much easier, of course. Bring some food and drinks, and somebody nearby will surely be happy to have you join in on their tailgate. If the first group prefers to stay private, no problem; move on to the next group. It shouldn't take long for somebody to welcome in an out-of-town fan who has traveled so far. Personally, to me, I would be very interested in inviting someone to my tailgate who came from so far away.

Fred Smerlas used to run a tailgate party but if I recall correctly it was incredibly expensive.

Another option is to get there early and go to one of the restaurants at Patriot Place. Obviously those places are going to be very crowded, and it may take a while for seats to open up.

Hope that helps... enjoy the experience!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,438
    Cmon you peoples that tailgate. Lets step up and invite the Canadian to your tailgate.

You dont have to buy Molsons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,847
    If you are travelling all the way from Manitoba to see the Patriots I would spare no expense on transportation to view what you are going to view, rent a car get scalped in a local parking lot, walk around, soak it all in as it will make this experience one you will remember.

The Train from PVD has always worked for me, but if it was my first game would not want to want to deal with the anxiety.

Jonathan Kraft has a proposal out there to offer free parking in the Pats lot, but you cannot leave until 75 minutes after the game to avoid the typical traffic jams. For your experience 75 minutes is not a big deal.. make a day out of your excursion.

Gillette Stadium Offering Free Parking Option During Patriots Games In Effort To Ease Traffic

• Like Like x 2
  6. BelichicksHoodie

BelichicksHoodie On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +179
    A fellow Canadian! Don’t take the tour bus, honestly it’s best to just rent a car a car and enjoy the enjoy experience your way. The memories will be better, trust me.

• Like Like x 2