PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to a Patriots game @ Gillette for the 1st time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a decent bus link to the stadium from the city centre? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hahahahahaha! No.

The only public transportation option from Boston (what I assume you mean by "city centre") I am aware of is the aforementioned train. Yeah -- I just checked with Google Maps and there is nothing. The best you could do is some 3+ hour trip involving multiple buses (that might not even run on Sundays). So not an option for a Sunday.

If your budget can handle it, consider Ubering down and staying at a walking-distance hotel Sat night. That way you can take your time Sun morning (and/or Sat afternoon) seeing Patriots Place, The Hall, etc.

Another possibility might be to Uber down hours before the game (to avoid a massive Uber bill by sitting in traffic) and hanging out and seeing stuff, then continuing to hang out and see more stuff for a while after the game (maybe eat supper at one of the Patriots Place restaurants) while traffic thins and then Uber back.

And definitely try to see if any board people have "open" tailgates that you could stop by both before and after the game. That can be a lot of fun and helps pass the time.

Hi all, first time poster. My wife and I are coming over from the UK for our first home game this December (saw our first game beating the Jets at MetLife last season) and cannot wait to experience a home game.

Just wanted to hear your opinions on the best way to go about getting to and from the game?

I gather it’s an hour from Boston, we won’t be driving as want to drink and enjoy the experience as much as possible. Do buses/trains run from the centre of the city that will get us there 2ish hours before kick off?

I’ve read in some places the train gets you there just before kick off so no time to get involved with the tailgates which isn’t great.

Thanks in advance.
J

I am going to merge this thread from the Patriots Fan Tailgate Meetups forum and merge it into the Going to a Patriots game a Gillette for first time... thread in the main forum, which should answer most if not all of your questions.

Hope you have a great time!

Hahahahahaha! No.

The only public transportation option from Boston (what I assume you mean by "city centre") I am aware of is the aforementioned train. Yeah -- I just checked with Google Maps and there is nothing. The best you could do is some 3+ hour trip involving multiple buses (that might not even run on Sundays). So not an option for a Sunday.

If your budget can handle it, consider Ubering down and staying at a walking-distance hotel Sat night. That way you can take your time Sun morning (and/or Sat afternoon) seeing Patriots Place, The Hall, etc.

Another possibility might be to Uber down hours before the game (to avoid a massive Uber bill by sitting in traffic) and hanging out and seeing stuff, then continuing to hang out and see more stuff for a while after the game (maybe eat supper at one of the Patriots Place restaurants) while traffic thins and then Uber back.

And definitely try to see if any board people have "open" tailgates that you could stop by both before and after the game. That can be a lot of fun and helps pass the time.

I just found a shuttle bus which departs from 177 Huntington Ave at 10:00 and then leaves Gillette at 16:30 company called Bus.com its $40 each return and let’s you drink on the bus and sets up in Lot 52. Has anyone ever done this before? Seems cheaper then Uber.

Get the Boston Tailgate Experience! Shuttle to Gillette Stadium with New England Patriots Fans

Thanks all.

I just found a shuttle bus which departs from 177 Huntington Ave at 10:00 and then leaves Gillette at 16:30 company called Bus.com its $40 each return and let’s you drink on the bus and sets up in Lot 52. Has anyone ever done this before? Seems cheaper then Uber.

Get the Boston Tailgate Experience! Shuttle to Gillette Stadium with New England Patriots Fans

Thanks all.

Its a damn shame that people here are not more welcoming.

Cant somebody step up and invite these folks to tailgate with you?

You can take the commuter rail to Walpole, and Uber or cab to North St between the Papa Gino's and McDonald's. From there it's a 15 minute walk to the main lots next to the stadium. Going home, same thing, walk to North St and get Uber or cab to the station...just have to work around the infrequent commuter rail Sunday schedule... And make sure you go 1A to North St

I’m headed to the Dallas game and tickets are running for 1,000 a piece for decent seats. Where are the places to go to buy tickets at the stadium? Just walk around by the gates or is the there a better place?

I’m headed to the Dallas game and tickets are running for 1,000 a piece for decent seats. Where are the places to go to buy tickets at the stadium? Just walk around by the gates or is the there a better place?

Jimmy Jones is a crook.

Parking passes near the stadium will break you too.

We are sat up in the gods for the Miami game and those tickets are still $200 each. Thanks for all the info on transport. Think we will Uber out and maybe catch the train back into Boston as seems to be one every hour. Although MBTA website says it takes approx 2.5 hours to get back into Boston is this correct? Seems crazy as only 22 miles??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes