PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slot Options without Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
And nobody has mentioned my 2018 camp binkie Shane Wimann who set a TE record with 7 receiving TDs at Northern Illinois last year.

All due respect to Shane Wimann and N.Illinois, but it seems as though the bar for that record was set fairly low. I’m guessing that they haven’t had many pro caliber TEs that have torn it up during their stay, though. He’ll be someone to keep an eye on for a potential PS spot.

Ok how about a week long posting ban on Patsfans?
I dont think its necessary but Im not past keeping it interesting.
So to be clear if Britt, Matthews,Dorsett get knocked off by Berrios or Mccarron which I feel is likely.
Unless we do something crazy like trade for a receiver or sign Dez.

Wow!! we went from:

1. "I bet Berrios and Mccarron knock Britt and Matthews off the roster"

2. " if Britt, Matthews,Dorsett get knocked off by Berrios or Mccarron"

I'll take completely moving the goalposts for $1000 Alex.

Wow!! we went from:

1. "I bet Berrios and Mccarron knock Britt and Matthews off the roster"

2. " if Britt, Matthews,Dorsett get knocked off by Berrios or Mccarron"

I'll take completely moving the goalposts for $1000 Alex.
I feel it's very similar I find it interesting it annoys you I wasn't like hey you jackass Berrios and Mccarron are knocking Britt and Matthews off the roster and if you don't agree your Mother.
I never said anything brash like that I believe BB should opt to keep both Berrios and Mccarron and if I'm wrong o well.
Then my Mother lol

It undermines the public confidence in the game because the substance could have been ANYTHING. And, Edelman induced, bribed, and orchestrated a scheme to deceive the testing system. And his phone had a bunch of pictures of naked chicks, including Badsmell’s wife lighting up a joint in JE’s bed.
After taking a selfie that says 'Just ****ed Edelman, no lie!'

All due respect to Shane Wimann and N.Illinois, but it seems as though the bar for that record was set fairly low. I’m guessing that they haven’t had many pro caliber TEs that have torn it up during their stay, though. He’ll be someone to keep an eye on for a potential PS spot.

He's got great hands. It's hard to tell how quick he is in and out of his routes against the D2 competition in his highlight video, but if the ball is anywhere in his catch radius, he pulls it in. I see why the Patriots added him to the roster - he's best pass catching TE on the roster besides Gronk. Wimann is 6'4 - 252, roughly 40 lbs heavier than Cody Hollister, with a superior college career.

Cooks, Amendola, and Lewis departures was a signal that the Patriots are going bigger with their skill players this year, I think. Britt and Patterson as 6'3 wideouts, Sony Michel is a bigger back than Lewis. Wimann fits this profile. If these four guys can get on the same page with Brady, that's a bunch of big guys coming at the defense with superb pass catching ability.

The backfield is loaded with run-catch players, except for Gillislee, who I still don't understand as a Patriot. He's strictly one dimensional. Both R Ralph Webb and Bengals FA Jeremy Hill are much more versatile than Gillislee.

I see Patterson playing a pretty big role
He’s the odds on favorite to win the KR role. We need a PR as well. Edelman is elite at it, but I think Berrios will figure strongly in the competition as well and that’s where I expect him to win a roster spot in his rookie year.

He's got great hands. It's hard to tell how quick he is in and out of his routes against the D2 competition in his highlight video, but if the ball is anywhere in his catch radius, he pulls it in. I see why the Patriots added him to the roster - he's best pass catching TE on the roster besides Gronk. Wimann is 6'4 - 252, roughly 40 lbs heavier than Cody Hollister, with a superior college career.
Cody Hollister isn’t a TE. Jacob hollister is a TE, he is 6’4” and was 240 but reportedly has bulked up.

I really do not care who returns punts as long as he does not drop the ball.

(Cat like quickness would be nice too.)

I see Matthews as the Slot with Hogan and Dorsett as Wide. Berrios and McCarron will fight it out to see which can handle the PR duties. Whoever can will get the last spot. Patterson may stick over Britt if BB and Judge see value in his KR ability. However. the de-emphasis on KR may make Patterson vulnerable. Britt is a far better receiver. The only way I see both Barrios and McCarron make the team is that cutting either one when Edelman come back doesn't cost them anything against the cap. Cutting a veteran who is on the 53 man roster at the 1st game would cost the team their complete salary (guaranteed) against the cap. Mitchell I don't even consider until he shows me he is capable of playing again.

I see Matthews as the Slot with Hogan and Dorsett as Wide. Berrios and McCarron will fight it out to see which can handle the PR duties. Whoever can will get the last spot. Patterson may stick over Britt if BB and Judge see value in his KR ability. However. the de-emphasis on KR may make Patterson vulnerable. Britt is a far better receiver. The only way I see both Barrios and McCarron make the team is that cutting either one when Edelman come back doesn't cost them anything against the cap. Cutting a veteran who is on the 53 man roster at the 1st game would cost the team their complete salary (guaranteed) against the cap. Mitchell I don't even consider until he shows me he is capable of playing again.
This can go many ways but that was a well thought out analysis so I’ll give mine.

Mitchell is the wild card because if he is healthy he makes the team and probably sees a lot of action.
Hogan is set in his role.
Matthews basically takes Edelman’s spot in the first 4 games. He could be the leading receiver if he plays 16 games to Edelman’s 12.
Patterson is going nowhere and while he may not play 50% of the snaps he will be a weapon. There will be “Patterson plays” designed to get him in space with the ball, which could include reverses, Wr screens, shallow crossing routes, jet sweeps etc. He also had the outside speed to pull coverage on deep routes.
I see Patterson as a replacement and expansion of what Dorset did last year. I see 800+ yards from scrimmage coming from him in many varied ways.
Britt will depend on Mitchell. With Edelman, hogan, Matthews and Patterson there is only room for one of Mitchell, Britt, Dorsett, and that role could be very small.
We have 7 capable receivers to fill what really is just 4 roles and depending upon how the TE position shakes out it could be 3 roles plus a guy who barely plays.

In his last season, JE ranked #4 in the NFL in receptions.
Only Larry Fitz, Beckham and Julio had more.
JE also ranked #8 in yac.
Those 2 stats alone make him a top 10 wr.
In his previous year, Jules was #8 in receptions.
Case closed.

The worst posters are the ones who proclaim their right while making 0 points.

Carry on thinking theres not 10 better WR'S in the league.

We need ****post tags along w thread tags

• Agree
Reactions: jah
The worst posters are the ones who proclaim their right while making 0 points.

Carry on thinking theres not 10 better WR'S in the league.

We need ****post tags along w thread tags

0 points? You just got proven wrong and rather than offer some substance( like I did), to make your case, you resort to name-calling.
Typical.
Either take your beating like a man or offer some way to quantify 10 better wrs in the NFL.

0 points? You just got proven wrong and rather than offer some substance( like I did), to make your case, you resort to name-calling.
Typical.
Either take your beating like a man or offer some way to quantify 10 better wrs in the NFL.
You're an idiot who thought he was making a point by throwing out of few stats. Sometimes laughing at someone & name calling is ok.
In no order
A.T.
Diggs
Brown
JJ
ODB
Evans
Hopkins
Green
M Thomas
K Allen
Gordon
Baldwin ...

I could go on but considering you thought he was a legit top 10 guy i don't think ill turn stupid into smart today.

No surprises whos disagreeing another moron.

• Winner
Reactions: jah
You're an idiot who thought he was making a point by throwing out of few stats. Sometimes laughing at someone & name calling is ok.
In no order
A.T.
Diggs
Brown
JJ
ODB
Evans
Hopkins
Green
M Thomas
K Allen
Gordon
Baldwin ...

I could go on but considering you thought he was a legit top 10 guy i don't think ill turn stupid into smart today.

I'd also put most of those guys ahead of JE- but not all of them.
I guarantee all 10 do NOT have better stats than JE, over the last 2 years he played (2015,2016).
If #of recs and yac are meaningless stats, then I'd really like to know how you quantify a wrs production.
Again, you've offered no proof.
You can leave out the obvious guys like jj,ad,Beckham. I'd like to see some stats on the other 7 guys to back up your claim.
Or should we just accept"because you said so."

In no order
A.T.
Diggs
Brown
JJ
ODB
Evans
Hopkins
Green
M Thomas
K Allen
Gordon
Baldwin ...

You're the only one here with an attitude and who's namecalling.
Internet tough guy= puzzy in real life.
Just sayin'.

I'd also put most if those guys ahead of JE- but not all of them.
I guarantee all 10 do NOT have better stats than JE, over the last 2 years he played (2015,2016).
If #of recs and yac are meaningless stats, then I'd really like to know how you quantify a wrs production.
Again, you've offered no proof.
You can leave out the obvious guys like jj,ad,Beckham. I'd like to see some stats on the other 7 guys to back up your claim.
Or should we just accept"because you said so."

You're the only one here with an attitude and who's namecalling.
Internet tough guy= puzzy in real life.
Just sayin'.

LOL ur a casual who has no clue. And needs to not get so online.

You don't need stats to prove someone is a better player.

Was Favre the greatest QB of all time bc of his stats?

Stats only tell part of the story. Esp for a dependent position like WR.

Truth be told & homers need not apply. Edleman isnt a top ten wr & every serious football fan understands that. Stats or no stats.

I gave u 10+ names. Could've kept going but its pointless considering your position.

11 is a wonderful player. Clutch. Maybe pound 4 pound the toughest in the league. Hes not one of the 10 best players at his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back