PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slot Options without Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
not when the suspension starts...opening game I believe...unless Badsmell articled 46'ed this too.

I'm not either. BUT JE11 is a LOT more than a slot wr.
He usually has more catches outside of the slot than in it. He is NOT a slot receiver.
What he IS, is a top 10 wr in the NFL.
There's no one on the Pats roster who can do what he does. After TB and Gronk, he has been the best offensive weapon on the team.
Bro .... Chill.
I wasn't saying hes "just" anything.

Fantastic WR but ur way off in terms of him being a top 10 WR.

Hes a pro & could play on any team. Hes not a top 10 guy though.

An aside on this discourse, can Edelman practice with this team while he is suspended??

Brady could not, but most other NFL suspensions allow the player to participate..

Preseason, yes. During, no.

not when the suspension starts...opening game I believe...unless Badsmell articled 46'ed this too.

It undermines the public confidence in the game because the substance could have been ANYTHING. And, Edelman induced, bribed, and orchestrated a scheme to deceive the testing system. And his phone had a bunch of pictures of naked chicks, including Badsmell’s wife lighting up a joint in JE’s bed.

It undermines the public confidence in the game because the substance could have been ANYTHING. And, Edelman induced, bribed, and orchestrated a scheme to deceive the testing system. And his phone had a bunch of pictures of naked chicks, including Badsmell’s wife lighting up a joint in JE’s bed.

Nothing is undermined he was tested according to the AGREED upon procedures and penalty and found to have something that unnaturally raised his testosterone level by the INDEPENDENT appeal process. The NFL and Goodell has nothing to do with it.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016PESPolicy_v2.PDF

What is your point?
Sincecedelman didn’t WR in college that any WRs level of play at the college level is irrelevant.
By that argument nothing at all matters.

Well, if McCarron is 50 times better than Edelman like he was in college, we're all set.

Look, the Patriots have pass catchers all over the place. Burkhead, White and Michel are short passing game options who can line up in the slot besides all the WRs mentioned elsewhere. And nobody has mentioned my 2018 camp binkie Shane Wimann who set a TE record with 7 receiving TDs at Northern Illinois last year.

Guys, while I think its great that McCarron and Berrios are getting their shots lets have a little perspective. These two guys have zero balls/yards in the NFL between them. Welker's and Amendola's first years as pros were certainly ok for being rookies but these guys were much more successful WRs in college than Berrios and McCarron.

While I hope these new guys come in and "light it up" it is pretty doubtful that these 2 guys and going to match/surpass the (ok) outputs that WW and DA had (in their 1st years) and even more doubtful that they are going to displace Matthews who was not only the best slot WR in the NFL 13-16 but who playing for a contract and extremely motivated and also here for CHEAP.

Additionally, I have no idea why anyone would suggest these 2 new rookie would displace Kenny Britt who is a totally different WR. That is idiotic.

Last edited:
While I hope these new guys come in and "light it up" it is pretty doubtful that these 2 guys and going to match/surpass the (ok) outputs that WW and DA had (in their 1st years) and even more doubtful that they are going to displace Matthews who was not only the best slot WR in the NFL 13-16 but who playing for a contract and extremely motivated.

On the flip side, Edelman was leading all rookies in receptions when he broke his arm in the Titans game.

Well, if McCarron is 50 times better than Edelman like he was in college, we're all set.

Look, the Patriots have pass catchers all over the place. Burkhead, White and Michel are short passing game options who can line up in the slot besides all the WRs mentioned elsewhere. And nobody has mentioned my 2018 camp binkie Shane Wimann who set a TE record with 7 receiving TDs at Northern Illinois last year.

Still don’t understand what point you are trying to make.

It's Matthews' job to lose. I also think this makes it easier for a guy like Berrios to make the team.

With hogan, Matthews, Mitchell, britt, Patterson, Dorsett fighting for 4 jobs plus a POSSIBLE 4 game roster spot in place of Edelman IF they think they need to keep 5 WR for those 4 games (which is probably 50/50) there doesn’t seem to be much room for the long shots.

With hogan, Matthews, Mitchell, britt, Patterson, Dorsett fighting for 4 jobs plus a POSSIBLE 4 game roster spot in place of Edelman IF they think they need to keep 5 WR for those 4 games (which is probably 50/50) there doesn’t seem to be much room for the long shots.

Mitchell, Britt, and Dorsett are certainly not locks.

What the bet. I will take that bet...against
Why Lombardi loves Berrios
Mitchell, Britt, and Dorsett are certainly not locks.
Lombardi and others say hes a perfect Patriots receiver.
If We can get our next Edelman and Admendola with Berrios and Mccarron Berrios wont pass waivers not sure about Mccarron then why would we keep Britt around?
Patterson and Mitchell makes him expendable.
Kenny Britt in his prime very good receiver see 4 tds against the Eagles many moons ago when he was on my bench that game in fantasy football but I digress.
If you can get a Admendola and Edelman to help Brady and grow with the QB of the future.
No way you take Britt over that long term option.

Bro .... Chill.

In his last season, JE ranked #4 in the NFL in receptions.
Only Larry Fitz, Beckham and Julio had more.
JE also ranked #8 in yac.
Those 2 stats alone make him a top 10 wr.
In his previous year, Jules was #8 in receptions.
Case closed.

Last edited:
Bro .... Chill.

Great. The best is Berrios and McCarron knock Matthews and Britt off the roster.

The stakes are....
Ok how about a week long posting ban on Patsfans?
I dont think its necessary but Im not past keeping it interesting.
So to be clear if Britt, Matthews,Dorsett get knocked off by Berrios or Mccarron which I feel is likely.
Unless we do something crazy like trade for a receiver or sign Dez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes