PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

six championships not the most for a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some PhD level gatekeeping going on in this thread.

Brady would just need 5 more rings to match Russell. For that 11th ring, he's be out of fingers...

He still has 10 toes and a .......yes..I went there...

There's some PhD level gatekeeping going on in this thread.

I forget some of you only started following the sport after the invention of the wheel. *smugface*

Brady has 37 wins. More than 4xs as many.
I don’t think Brady has 37 postseason wins. I think the franchise has 37 postseason wins.

Last I checked, Tom was sitting somewhere around 30. I think maybe 30-10.

Otto Graham had 7

context?

s-l1600.jpg

I don’t think Brady has 37 postseason wins. I think the franchise has 37 postseason wins.

Last I checked, Tom was sitting somewhere around 30. I think maybe 30-10.

What a buzz kill...:)

But you gotta love the really old stories about players showing up to the game driving their day job pickle barrel delivery truck, having to help sweep away the straw strewn on the field from the morning's circus show, with their noses and knuckles looking grotesquely bashed bloodied and disjointed. Old school football! :)

But you gotta love the really old stories about players showing up to the game driving their day job pickle barrel delivery truck, having to help sweep away the straw strewn on the field from the morning's circus show, with their noses and knuckles looking grotesquely bashed bloodied and disjointed. Old school football! :)
You don’t have to remind @Joker. He was already well into his 40s at that point.

I was such a stupid ba$tard back in the Schaefer days I actually sat through a game with lightning, rain, hail and sleet blasting me the entire game.Almost drowned in the men's room at halftime. Jeezus...we lost too.

uh...no, I never got to "use" the toilets...they overflowed at the start of the game and flooded the men's room 2 feet deep by halftime...had to take a squizz out by the fence at the end of the stands...with a couple thousand other guys...no idea what the women did. Billy must have had his wife's moron cousin do the plumbing for 2 bucks an hour.

Comparing Otto Graham to #12 is idiotic.. my "football cherry" was popped when I watched the Cleveland Browns of yore, and stayed with that team until I realized the AFL was really, real after the Jets won the Superbowl.. the game is so much different on many levels.. primarily the level of competition and the evolution of the game. Otto Graham was good, but would probably struggle if he was a young lad in today's game..

From '46 to '49 (Graham's first 4 years) the Browns were in the All American Football Conference, after that league folded the Browns joined the NFL in 1950.. In the period of '46 to '49 the Browns did win their league championship 4 times, however those records are not counted by the NFL..

So my ciphering tells me that Otto Graham won 3 Championships.. not 7 as claimed by the author of this thread..

Your right. Jumped the gun and added the next couple of years in by accident.
Next couple of years plus a divisional round win in the 3rd... no wild card weekends up in here

The NFL before Namath was truly professional football.

Would you exclude Red Aurbach's basketball championships in the 40's?

How about pro hockey? Should we ignore all championships before 1960?

I suppose that it reasonable to ignore all NFL football before Namath. Personally, I think this to be an unreasonable view.

Professional sports did not start in the 60's or 70's or later.
You are counting championships that were not in the NFL.
Should we count college, CFL, what about USFL or arena league?
Graham won 3 NFL Championships.

What I really want to know is how many championships did Jorskur McFlaggerson win when the game was still being played with the severed head of a recently conquered village’s chieftain (as God intended).

Last edited:
I think the only relevant comparison for number of Championships is to other QB's who have won NFL Championships, which is what sets Starr (five) and Brady (six) apart from the rest.

The AAFC, with eight teams, was an ultimately failed competitor to the NFL and lasted only four seasons. Only three of its franchises merged into the NFL [Niners, Browns (with Graham) and Colts].

That said, Otto Graham belongs in any discussion of the top QB's of all time.

My face hurts from smiling continuously about #6. There's literally nothing anyone could say or post that would change that. The closest anyone has come is the journalist who said that Edelman should have been banned for the year and not eligible for the SB, but that still didn't get the smile off of my face while I plotted responses.

The Otto Graham factoid isn't a challenge to anything about the Pats or Brady. It is just a fact of NFL history. And I love the idea of poking at Brady with "second most championships" thing. Somebody get that fact to Edelman and Andrews. They'll make hay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes