PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI article- Which teams will win the next 5 Super Bowls?

Seriously?

The Patriots

Conor Orr picks the Pats to win x3. That's crazy talk! Can you even imagine? The league offices would implode if by 2024 the Patriots have 9 Super Bowl Banners hung in Gillette.

Nine.

The very thought of it makes me grin ear to ear.
If the Pats, with potentially a dozen draft choices this April, hit on a bunch of them, nine Lombardis are a possibility.

Wilson I can get on board with, but Seattle is going to have to win a tough division. But you would put a 39 year old Roethlisberger over Mahomes, Wentz, Luck, and Brees? Did you forget they were coached by Tomlin?
Wentz can’t finish a season. Mahomes will regress and I think their D is super suspect. Brees was unimpressive vs LAR and was coming off a few seasons that didn’t go well. Luck is a playoff INT machine.

Wilson is a SB champ who was one crazy play away from another. Ben has two titles and despite their disfunction, Pitt is full of talent. In their case, I’d be betting on Pitt DESPITE Tomlin.

I predict that because of the danger of CTE all the football players in the world will retire in the off-season. The human players will be replaced Dolphins and all NFL fields with be replaced by giant aquariums. The SuperBowl will be renamed the DolphinBowl. The Dolphins will win the next five titles. But not the Miami Dolphins, the Dolphin team from Cleveland. The Miami team will still have double digits losses in each of the five seasons.
Hey you can't prove me wrong. And if my prediction doesn't come to pass, I will just keep predicting the same thing ad infinitum.
The federal government will intervene and declare that the exclusion of other cetaceans violates the canons of diversity. The New England Orcas will win the CetaceanBowl, coached by Belichick aboard his boat, Nine Rings.

When I was in High School, the Wrestling team I participated in was stacked my junior year.
We were heavily favored to win our league when I was senior however injuries took their toll.

The coach hung a sign in the locker room stating "Intensity is everything in wrestling".
Someone took a red pen the the sign:

"̶I̶n̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ everything in wrestling"

/\
injuries are

So much can happen to a team due to retirements, injuries, free agents, and draft picks.

That article was a joke.

Realistically, if we assume Brady retires after 3 more seasons (45 then), I'll say that it's Patriots, Chiefs, Patriots.

I've seen this, the Borges one & a few other about Sey. Long before I started grading prospects but nothing wrong w holding people accountable. Its only sports after all, not that serious.

I've long been a Sey-HOF truther. He'll never be confused w Watt but Sey really played & effected the game in the same way JJ did. He'll get in soon hopefully.

The writers need to have the HOF selection process taken away from them. I know everybody has a different set of criteria but Russ Grimm? They're going to let all these volume WRs in then you should let Henry Ellard in who did it in a different era when those yards were harder to come by, and I don't think he belongs in. Jerome Bettis, not a HOFer. Curtis Martin not a HOF. Shouldn't Harold Jackson and Stanley Morgan get in by this criteria? Bettis didn't average 4/YPC and didn't have 100 TDs. Martin averaged exactly 4/ypc and didn't have 100 TDs. Martin was decent in the postseason. Bettis 3.4/ypc.

I like Dawkins and to a lesser extent Lynch to get in but Rodney doesn't get a sniff when he has better regular season numbers minus forced fumbles where you have to tip your cap to Dawkins and he blows they both away in the postseason. Also the first player ever with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions later joined by Ray Lewis.

That article was a joke.

Realistically, if we assume Brady retires after 3 more seasons (45 then), I'll say that it's Patriots, Chiefs, Patriots.

agreed. I'm also assuming he will retire after 2021 season. So if the trend continues the Pats will get to 1 or 2 SBs in those 3 years and winning 1. However I think we win 2 because 1. being a homer and 2. because of the recent trend making 4 SBs in the last 5 years and winning 3.

A lot comes down to the draft this year. If Patriots have a good draft especially at receiver and TE I don't see why not...

The publication date says Feb 8, 2019, but:

"I could see Tom Brady winning one more before his arm deteriorates to the extent that nobody is afraid of his deep ball (Note: I don't want to rule out Brady failing to win another before retirement, and Belichick pulling off a title in 2023 with, say, Jacoby Brissett or Jimmy Garoppolo). "

So much can happen to a team due to retirements, injuries, free agents, and draft picks.

Exactly. Every year I see the fan base of the team that wins the Super Bowl develop unrealistic expectations (and somewhat surprised as to what I am reading from Pats fans in this thread). Last year the Giggles fans said they were going to be a dynasty and look what happened. In 2016 the Broncos fans said they would win another super bowl with that great defense even if you bring someone off the street to play QB. Seattle fans thought dynasty too. The difference with us is we ARE a dynasty. But it's unrealistic to think that we can win 3 out of the next 5 Super Bowls. Too many unknowns like Brady's health, Gronk's potential retirement, etc. We should know by know that it is a year-to-year league. As a fan, I always say stay humble and enjoy what you got. Whatever tomorrow brings is what it brings.

Wentz can’t finish a season. Mahomes will regress and I think their D is super suspect. Brees was unimpressive vs LAR and was coming off a few seasons that didn’t go well. Luck is a playoff INT machine.

Wilson is a SB champ who was one crazy play away from another. Ben has two titles and despite their disfunction, Pitt is full of talent. In their case, I’d be betting on Pitt DESPITE Tomlin.

There is zero chance Pittsburgh will win another Super Bowl in the next few years. Roethlisburger last won a title 10 years ago and hasn't exactly gotten better.

Not sure if it is deliberate or you have been lucky enough to be able to erase a certain couple of games from your mind but there is one massive elephant you are forgetting

This is an example of excellent Forum posting. You gently correct a fellow poster about a very painful issue to all of us, and manage to do so without actually using the most painful language. Thank you, sir.

The publication date says Feb 8, 2017, but:

"I could see Tom Brady winning one more before his arm deteriorates to the extent that nobody is afraid of his deep ball (Note: I don't want to rule out Brady failing to win another before retirement, and Belichick pulling off a title in 2023 with, say, Jacoby Brissett or Jimmy Garoppolo). "
Fixed it.

With their cap problems, and the full exposure of the coach and QB in the SB, the Rams will take a step back for a couple of years. For Goff to gain the field general skills, and confidence, to take a team through a SB victory is not something to bet on.

Allow me to cut through a layer or two of cluttered argument to the bedrock of the N.E. case.

We're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great

We win ALL the freakin TIME

We'll tell you when we're done

The writers need to have the HOF selection process taken away from them. I know everybody has a different set of criteria but Russ Grimm? They're going to let all these volume WRs in then you should let Henry Ellard in who did it in a different era when those yards were harder to come by, and I don't think he belongs in. Jerome Bettis, not a HOFer. Curtis Martin not a HOF. Shouldn't Harold Jackson and Stanley Morgan get in by this criteria? Bettis didn't average 4/YPC and didn't have 100 TDs. Martin averaged exactly 4/ypc and didn't have 100 TDs. Martin was decent in the postseason. Bettis 3.4/ypc.

I like Dawkins and to a lesser extent Lynch to get in but Rodney doesn't get a sniff when he has better regular season numbers minus forced fumbles where you have to tip your cap to Dawkins and he blows they both away in the postseason. Also the first player ever with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions later joined by Ray Lewis.
Yea I agree & honestly I care less & less every year. Like you said you wait long enough & you'll get in.

There should be no limit on the players or coaches. Maybe some years you have 10 guys another you have 0.

Allow me to cut through a layer or two of cluttered argument to the bedrock of the N.E. case.

We're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great we're great

We win ALL the freakin TIME

We'll tell you when we're done

:rolleyes:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye