PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seconday was great

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Even though we gave up 271 and 2TDs they played fantastic. Butler and Ryan were phenomenal on the outside, John Brown was taken out completely, Floyd had one big catch that was a perfectly placed ball. The numbers look better because Fitz made some ridiculous plays that 99% of the league cannot make. Coleman made a couple of great plays and Devin was great. I believe our secondary is the best in the league

Patriots secondary played well, but not great. We will see how the Cardinals receivers fare next week and get a better handle on how well the defense played. Concerned that the red zone defense was beaten like a rented mule.

Guys did Ringo or Bingo played last night?

Yup they played about as well as they could against that cast of WRs given modern NFL rules. The Cardinals #3 WR would be a #1 on a lot of teams.

Very good job for most of the game. Struggled badly with Fitz at the end but he is an outstanding receiver so it's hard to beat them up too much about it.

I thought Butler struggled early on just a bit but recovered when he had a couple of nice deflections in the red zone. He seemed to have settled in after that.

I thought Butler struggled early on just a bit but recovered when he had a couple of nice deflections in the red zone. He seemed to have settled in after that.

The Floyd catch was a great throw on a deep ball with no support. Floyd made a good move on the pump and go, but i like that Butler was right there and to not allow anything after the catch. Other than that catch he was great.

Agreed. There are areas for improvement but overall the pass D played pretty well.

That is a very, very good WR core.

If they didn't have a great RB like Johnson back there they may have spent more time in a dime config.

I thought they were excellent.

Fitzgerald had some success but he's one of the best in the game. Particularly his second TD catch -- sometimes you just have to give your opponents their due.

They played well. I agree with a few others Butler took awhile to get warmed up. Logan Ryan was Logan Ryan hes always in great position its just his physical limitations that hold him back(speed). If he had speed he would be tremendous. I thought Coleman acquitted hims self very well. Only noticed Cyrus once and he was beat pretty good. Chung did more positive than negative and McCourty I thought did a great job backing up the CBs which seemed like our strategy to not allow any deep stuff.

It'll be interesting to see the secondary once Eric Rowe starts starts playing. I would think he would have covered Fitz last night instead of Cyrus Jones.

Coverage was good with a lot of great catches by their receivers. That one 3rd down throw from Palmer on that last drive that split between two defenders was his best throw of the night. Fitzgerald was pretty spectacular yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see the secondary once Eric Rowe starts starts playing. I would think he would have covered Fitz last night instead of Cyrus Jones.

I think it would have been Rowe on Floyd. Butler looked tiny next to the guy.

Fitz is just ridiculous. Future HOFer probably. Overall, the secondary did well. Interested to see Rowe get in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots