PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Payton says Broncos "are not trading" Jerry Jeudy

As much as I want the Patriots to do “something” it’s not as if Jeudy is a sure thing to turn into a #1 receiver.

I think it’s highly likely our offensive skill positions are close to set. Maybe they draft somebody at WR in the e first round, he’ll probably be a guy who was expected to go at the end of the second round and he’ll sit most of the season.

As much as I want the Patriots to do “something” it’s not as if Jeudy is a sure thing to turn into a #1 receiver.

I think it’s highly likely our offensive skill positions are close to set. Maybe they draft somebody at WR in the e first round, he’ll probably be a guy who was expected to go at the end of the second round and he’ll sit most of the season.
He is the #1 in Denver's offense. He caught my attention his rookie season from the contested catches he made when sometimes was even double covered. In a inept offense in Denver last season he still amassed almost 1000 yards..

I recently read that Denver wants a high pick for him, however we are reluctant do do 1st rounder for him.. I say we end up getting him for a 2nd.. he's worth it.

However your right nothing is a sure bet in the NFL.. it feels like the team will fill some holes in the draft.. But we still need some proven players at some key positions most notably CB

So the Broncos want a first for someone they are not trading ?
This is either

A) Hard line negotiations where they’re saying “seriously pay what we want or we’re just not going to trade them”

Or

B) the GM was taking trade calls and making offers but the Head Coach has now told his GM “are you stupid? We’re not trading these guys”

I can see trouble in a year or two when the team has barely had any draft picks and they’re seriously devoid of talent and money, and Payton says “well what am I supposed to do with no good players, it’s the GM’s fault.” And the GM says “well if he had let me trade Jeudy for some good picks instead of making me keep him for one season and then losing him anyway…”

Either way it doesn’t make a ton of sense when a Denver-based reporter was reporting info given to him presumably by the Broncos that they had an offer of a 2nd and 4th from the Patriots that they’re thinking on, yet now a week later it’s “yeah we read that crazy stuff in the media, you guys are wacky! They’re not for sale tho”

Who was talking to the reporter in Denver then?

They don't have cap for next year . Will definitely trade Jeudy for a second or early 3rd. Higgins will also not be tagged . Bengals have very limited cap . We can choose between these two.

If we really need a playmaker get JSN or zay flowers.

he’s not trading them period

Let's time he said he wasn't trading a WR, he traded him a few weeks later to the Pats

5069430210690d5e3c0ecc663559a969.png

Stiff negotiating or not. If Bill wants ‘em, he’ll get him after his contract runs up. Denver is left with receiving, what? A 3rd-4th rd comp pick?

Well at least the “pondering” is over…..

This is either

A) Hard line negotiations where they’re saying “seriously pay what we want or we’re just not going to trade them”

Or

B) the GM was taking trade calls and making offers but the Head Coach has now told his GM “are you stupid? We’re not trading these guys”

I can see trouble in a year or two when the team has barely had any draft picks and they’re seriously devoid of talent and money, and Payton says “well what am I supposed to do with no good players, it’s the GM’s fault.” And the GM says “well if he had let me trade Jeudy for some good picks instead of making me keep him for one season and then losing him anyway…”
Why would he lose him anyway?

@Zappe Hour just thought I'd mention I saw that Murphy-bunting signed a 1 yr 3.5 Mill. Deal with titans... what a miss...on our end.. that is peanuts for a CB these days..

Where would you play him? It's peanuts because he doesn't have a spot here assuming we're bringing in a bigger CB.

Rookie CB, 3x Jones

You ****ting us with this? If he had signed here, he would Automatically have become OUR #1 OUTSIDE CB.

You ****ting us with this? If he had signed here, he would Automatically have become OUR #1 OUTSIDE CB.

Not if we draft Porter, Gonzales, or Witherspoon. I will admit that Murphy-Bunting over Myles (of space) Bryant seems like a no-brainer, but c'est la vie. (I thought I would throw a little French at you).

Are you nuts? The guy got burned a lot more than Jon Jones did last year. He's not even at Jack Jones's level. Are you looking at the contract he signed? Jame Dean is making almost 4x what he signed for. Several other free agents signed for a lot more. Jon Jones is one. Byron Murphy, Mike Hughes, Cameron Sutton. Why do you think that is?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back