PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Payton says Broncos "are not trading" Jerry Jeudy

You ****ting us with this? If he had signed here, he would Automatically have become OUR #1 OUTSIDE CB.
Absolutely he would of.. Upstater1 made some valid points, But however my points were we have no one on the roster with his size and skill set.. the knock on Murphy-bunting was his Injury history..

So he took the prove it deal from titans.. that was absolutely peanuts for a starting CB with a championship pedigree.

Are you nuts? The guy got burned a lot more than Jon Jones did last year. He's not even at Jack Jones's level. Are you looking at the contract he signed? Jame Dean is making almost 4x what he signed for. Several other free agents signed for a lot more. Jon Jones is one. Byron Murphy, Mike Hughes, Cameron Sutton. Why do you think that is?
False most of our DBs are better.
Who would you say is a better outside CB currently on the roster that's better than him? Would you prefer a 6"1 physical, rangy, fast young CB on Diggs or myles Bryant/jo Jones down the sidelines ?

Point I'm trying to make is diggs has owned us.. Buffalo is the team we need to beat and compete with.. So I start with them.. jo Jones is actually pretty good on Waddle and hill.. for some reason Diggs just wins those match ups.. going into the season jack Jones in my humble opinion is the best outside CB on the roster.

I've been high on Corey Davis for a while he's absolutely someone we should be looking at if made available.

We should be continuing to gather as much offensive talent as possible and let all the roles play out in camp.. I'm absolutely happy with our offense however I'd still like that " guy" to go along with what we have. On defense I've felt we needed CB depth even before mills was released and resigned. He's likely going to play safety I'd imagine.

I'm sure we'll pick up some more CBs in the draft as we do every draft however those guys will have to get acclimated to the NFL and likely won't have any immediate impact unless they show enough in camp.

Corey Davis is worthless, that’s why he is available.

Corey Davis is worthless, that’s why he is available.
Who would you rather have N'Keal Harry, alghlor, jannu Smith? Corey Davis has been Injured and in QB purgatory in NY.. he's far from worthless..

If Sean Paton is to be believed (until they get what they are asking for to trade) then are we on to the draft for a WR ?

Who would you rather have N'Keal Harry, alghlor, jannu Smith? Corey Davis has been Injured and in QB purgatory in NY.. he's far from worthless..

He sucks. I don’t want him, period. If that’s the best they can do them don’t bother doing anything.

If Sean Paton is to be believed (until they get what they are asking for to trade) then are we on to the draft for a WR ?

Unless they can get Hopkins, which I haven’t given up on. The Arizona GM is Monti Ossenfort, and he spent a long time working for Belichick.

He sucks. I don’t want him, period. If that’s the best they can do them don’t bother doing anything.
Wow really?... ok ...

Who would you say is a better outside CB currently on the roster that's better than him? Would you prefer a 6"1 physical, rangy, fast young CB on Diggs or myles Bryant/jo Jones down the sidelines ?

Point I'm trying to make is diggs has owned us.. Buffalo is the team we need to beat and compete with.. So I start with them.. jo Jones is actually pretty good on Waddle and hill.. for some reason Diggs just wins those match ups.. going into the season jack Jones in my humble opinion is the best outside CB on the roster.
I'd take all 3 Joneses over him. Inside outside STs wr whatever the Joneses are better.

Wow really?... ok ...

Imo David would be the 5th WR, and he doesn’t play ST’s, so he wouldn’t dress most weeks. What I want is a WR who will start and draw attention to them, which would open up the rest of the receiving corps. I don’t want any depth guys, they won’t change this offense in any meaningful way. If they can trade for one great, if not then draft one, but if they go into this season without making a serious move they won’t be a serious team. It will simply be a rerun of last year, where the defense is playoff level, but the offense so anemic that the defense becomes completely worn down.

I use to like Payton but now boo... Boooo.
The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

Not if we draft Porter, Gonzales, or Witherspoon. I will admit that Murphy-Bunting over Myles (of space) Bryant seems like a no-brainer, but c'est la vie. (I thought I would throw a little French at you).

Merci... But I'd rather not wait until draft weekend to begin to try to fix our Outside CB issues.

Good. Use those 11 draft picks.

Possibly, but i still feel like jeudy and hopkins are still very available. This and the cards supposedly wanting a christian mccafferey type return on hop seem like posturing

I'd take all 3 Joneses over him. Inside outside STs wr whatever the Joneses are better.
You'd prefer Marcus Jones on the outside against Garrett Wilson, Diggs, Lazard?

If not then we don't need to bother adding CB help in the draft? We have all we need at CB right?

Merci... But I'd rather not wait until draft weekend to begin to try to fix our Outside CB issues.
You said it perfectly OUTSIDE CB issues..

I enjoy seeing the opinions of others.. on the forum.. I see some of us feel we are set at outside corner... I believe it's an area we need to solidify.. I like our DBs but there is no one we have that OCs can say don't throw at him.. we have solid guys that work well in the system..

We've always had a premiere lockdown corner, that is the DNA of a BB defense. That guy allows us to have multiple blitz packages.. ect. for anyone that doesn't believe so.. go back and look at the 2019 superbowl, or the 21-3 AFC championship win against Manning. Just trying to see if we should draft that guy if available?

Not at #14, or at wherever our first pick happens to be after a trade-down if All of Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, Christian Gonzalez and JPorterJr were already taken by then... Even after a trade-down, if Anton Harrison is still available then I'm taking him over JSN too.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back