PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Rumor: QB Josh Rosen “could be” traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the one insisting repeatedly on 45.

Also it is March. It is absolutely irrelevant what the state of WR is right now. At this point people should just let Caserio and BB do their thing and have trust that it will work out yet again.

I was being slightly facetious but appreciate it doesn't necessarily come across in the written word.

I really liked Rosen coming out (he was my favorite QB, Wynn my favorite player last year) but find it decidedly difficult to argue against reamer's assessment in the wake of his 2019. On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone from this year's crop who would be available in the 2nd would have Rosen's potential either.

Apparently LA are the team who have offered a 2nd. They have the 60th pick in the draft. So it's likely to take our number 56 to get him.

Too rich? Dunno. If it's Jordan Richards or Cyrus Jones then give me Rosen and a shot at a future franchise QB.

Regarding the Patriots it depends if they expect 2019 to be Brady's last year with them. If Brady will be around I wouldn't put a lot into Rosen at this point to just sit around. However if this is Brady's last year then getting Rosen to sit behind Brady for a year before taking over could be a great option - depending on cost and evaluation of the player, of couse.

If Rosen sat for 2 years behind Brady, it would be a good thing, imho. That way he'd break all the bad habits he had picked up and be actually able to learn and develop from the best.

Put enough pieces around Rosen, and I think he can win. He can make the playoffs. He may even make it to a conference championship a couple times in his career.

And that’s not worth a 2nd rounder to you? It would be to me.

The way I see it, it will be tough to find a top notch franchise QB. I’d be fine with a QBotF that can get my team to the playoffs or even a conference championship or two for the cost of a 2nd rounder rather than multiple first rounders for what would probably be the same. If we can find the next Mahomes then great, but most QBs will be Goff, Watson, Carr etc

I was being slightly facetious but appreciate it doesn't necessarily come across in the written word.

Oh. The problem is not with you but with the handful of people that actually are already freaked out in March and making it difficult to even realize how serious posts are.

Mea culpa.

No thanks! I want all of our picks used on players to help Brady win as much as he can in the next 2-3 seasons.

I am ok with us rolling out Hoyer or someone similar after Brady rides off in the sunset...

Just.One.More.Superbowl.Baby!

No thanks! I want all of our picks used on players to help Brady win as much as he can in the next 2-3 seasons.

I am ok with us rolling out Hoyer or someone similar after Brady rides off in the sunset...

Just.One.More.Superbowl.Baby!

I just want 3 more Super Bowls in the next 3 years. Not more.

I'm not. I don't think Bill is ok with wasting years just because what Tom did for this franchise. And there is no reference point for 42 year old QBs. The cliff can come at any point.

I think TB12 will be the QB for 1, maybe 2 more years. 4 is a long shot in my opinion.
I agree with this. As much as I love Brady, and I love me some Brady, never loved a football player as much as I love Brady, Belichick is heartless (and rightfully so). IF he feels Brady is no longer doing a good job, he will bench him or cut him. It's just the nature of the business, and nobody knows this better than Belichick.

If a 2nd round pick isn't enough, offer some more to get it done, offer a 2 and a 3. Me personally, I think Rosen is a better QB prospect than any QB in the 2019 draft. If it's feasible, and you really, truthfully want Rosen, go get him.

Apparently LA are the team who have offered a 2nd. They have the 60th pick in the draft. So it's likely to take our number 56 to get him.

Too rich? Dunno. If it's Jordan Richards or Cyrus Jones then give me Rosen and a shot at a future franchise QB.

#56 and that deep 4th Rounder #134 should more than get it done of course that's if we really want Josh Rosen.

I know it’s not a position of need, but send them our early second, a third, and a pick next year and ask for Patrick Peterson on top of it.

Kraft has given Belichick the authority to run the team as he sees fit, but Brady is an exception. I think Brady will play for the Patriots as long as he wants to.

And that should work out fine, to be honest. They’ll figure out the money. And Brady has too much pride to stick around if he starts to suck, so I don’t think it’s a problem. But I do think that is the reality of the situation.

I mean what makes Brady the GOAT? I don't think its natural talent, i mean there are probably 5 QBs who is more talented than him every single draft. If your arm is good enough i think it's good enough. I don't think arm strength is what wins in this league.

I think the most important things for a QB is work ethic, discipline, coachability and leadership. This is where Brady excels, i think all of his unique skills - like his pocket awernes, mental clock and pre snap judgment - all leads from this. I mean this might sound like a cliche, but i don't think anybody have watched more film than Tom. You hear stories about him being in the gym the moring after SuperBowl WINS, hell i bet i hes working out or watching film right now. Take a listen to this (what he says from 00:55 - 02:05). Imo the films on an a guy in college does not matter the most, neither what he does his first year on the field. What i belive matter most - in therms of winning in this league for a QB - is the mental skillset, and the ability to improve from there.

The reason why i am posting this here, is that i am really unsure if Rosen poseses any of these qualities to a large degree. I don't know him, but you just have to rely on what people are saying about him. And i don't think there is anything pointing to him being a great QB in this league. That said, if the risk is low (like a third) i'd probably vote for taking a shot. Maybe he can sit behind Brady and develop some of the skills TB12 has off the field.

From a value perspective he would likely increase just from sitting here for a year? Say we get him for a third, don't you guys think we could cash him for a second next year from a desperate team? 13th pick, had a bad season with bad circumstances, and now he has been learning from Belichick and Brady for 12 months. I am not for trading for Rosen just to get value, but it does work as insurance (not that a third is that big a risk anyway).

As far as the economy you never want to put a big cap% in a backup QB when are in a position to contend. But when you look at his deal, he is paid like a high end backup over the next few years. Not an insignificant salary - but he will in no way break the bank.

Then we have the current situation with Brady. We dont know how long he want's to go (keeps saying 45). But we don't know and his deal expires after next season. I would like to think the team has more info than we do, and if they think its a chance he is done after next year we are definitely getting a QB this offseason. Having the next guy to learn under Brady is a opportunity that should not be missed.

i'd do Rosen for a third, maybe a second. For a first i am really doubting it.

#56 and that deep 4th Rounder #134 should more than get it done of course that's if we really want Josh Rosen.

I like it. I also like #64 (keep #134) and all 4 7th Rounders.

Last edited:
We hit on those 7th round picks time from time.

Yeah...I am not saying they are trash...but I value one 4th rounder more then 4 7 rounders. It's ok if i am in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots