PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats interested in Josh Rosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mora doing damage control and trying to prevent Rosen from falling out of the top 5.

Personally I don’t think he’s that good. I see him as closer to Jared Goff than Andrew Luck. But Goff proved you can win with him if you have talent and good coaching around him.
Funny he only tagged him with the first 3 picks.
He could slide to the 8th pick or further.
My thought process is we are targeting one of Rosen,Mayfield,Darnold,Jackson.
I woudn't put it past Bill to trade to 4 to get there.
Our 23rd and Gronk could net us David Nkou tight end and number 4 that nets us A good young tight end on a cheap deal and one of the top rated signal callers.
It woudnt totally surprise me if something crazy like that happens.
If I was Bill it would be damn hard not to take Chubb at that spot if the hypothetical trade occured.

Funny he only tagged him with the first 3 picks.
He could slide to the 8th pick or further.
My thought process is we are targeting one of Rosen,Mayfield,Darnold,Jackson.
I woudn't put it past Bill to trade to 4 to get there.
Our 23rd and Gronk could net us David Nkou tight end and number 4 that nets us A good young tight end on a cheap deal and one of the top rated signal callers.
It woudnt totally surprise me if something crazy like that happens.
If I was Bill it would be damn hard not to take Chubb at that spot if the hypothetical trade occured.

1. I’d be very surprised if the trade into the top 10
2. I could see B.B. trading Gronk. But would anyone trade that much for him considering he’s been talking retirement.
3. I doubt the Browns give up a young talent like Njoku for Gronk. You do that when you’re on the verge of winning, not in the midst of rebuilding
4. I think B.B. would love Chubb and so would I. I don’t know if B.B. would love him enough to trade that high for him though, especially with their interest in a QB.
5. There’s a very good chance we see something interesting from BB this year. Or he could do the usual - stay and pick, trade down, take an unheard of 2nd round safety and trade picks into 2019.
6. Rosen and Jackson falling past 12 will be very interesting.

Last edited:
Grid as ever on the fence :)

Interesting to get Grid’s opinion.

He’s got some excellent breakdowns of all of the top QBs over on his site. High on Rosen, opposite on Lamar Jackson.

I thought he was still catching up on last years draft :). Thanks for the reminder - I’ll head over there.

Yeah, I do kinda suck!!
jester.gif

But what I lack in speed, I deliver in depth. Nobody digs deeper than Fanatical Yankee.
harumph.gif

Yeah, I do kinda suck!!
jester.gif

But what I lack in speed, I deliver in depth. Nobody digs deeper than Fanatical Yankee.
harumph.gif

Agreed. And no-one has the patience. I’m sure you are the only draft pundit out still writing scouting reports months after the draft has ended. You do terrific work.

I don’t want to give all three top picks (unlike Grid)...

Have you lost your freaking mind???
jester.gif

Love ya, Brother Manx, but, uh...Have you lost your freaking mind???
jester.gif

I routinely trade back and accumulate 20-25 Picks. Every year.

Nobody knows that better'n you, old hoss!! :D

I'm not against trading up, mind you.

I traded up for JJ Watt in 2012.
mnmparty.gif

And I traded up for Aaron Donald in 2014.
mnmparty.gif

In 8 Years of MockDrafting...that's it!!

And as I reiterated just a few days ago: I'm all about riding Brady until the wheels come of, and thus burning one season to get that Top 10 Pick that way.

Trading "all 3 top picks" for Rosen??? Me???
jester.gif

images

Last edited:
Mora doing damage control and trying to prevent Rosen from falling out of the top 5.

Fortunately for Rosen, it only takes one GM smart enough ~ and it don't take much ~ to realize that Mora is a dumb ass who really needs to learn to STFU. :rolleyes:

That ass does more harm than good. o_O

Have you lost your freaking mind???
jester.gif

Love ya, Brother Manx, but, uh...Have you lost your freaking mind???
jester.gif

I routinely trade back and accumulate 20-25 Picks. Every year.

Nobody knows that better'n you, old hoss!! :D

I'm not against trading up, mind you.

I traded up for JJ Watt in 2012.
smiley_headbanger.gif

And I traded up for Aaron Donald in 2014.
smiley_headbanger.gif

In 8 Years of MockDrafting...that's it!!

And as I reiterated just a few days ago: I'm all about riding Brady until the wheels come of, and thus burning one season to get that Top 10 Pick that way.

Trading "all 3 top picks" for Rosen??? Me???
jester.gif

images

I based that on your grade of Rosen being worth three first round picks. Fair enough, not necessarily to the Pats.

I based that on your grade of Rosen being worth three first round picks. Fair enough, not necessarily to the Pats.

All in good fun, Bro. Yeah, you said it exactly: What I can justify another team paying for the guy and what I would pay for the guy have always been two different things. :D

I was hoping that Rosen would be one of those Vernon Gholston situations where we trick the Jets into taking a subpar player. Guess that's probably off the table. :(

Rosen has the best mechanics of any QB in the draft. It’s a beautiful thing to watch. Great arm motion, excellent feet. Obviously he’s been taught well.

Believe it or not, Luke Faulk is probably 2nd when it comes to mechanics.

It’s still very difficult for me to imagine Belichick giving up the kind of capital it would take to move up like that. This was a guy who openly advised Dimirtroff not to move up and get Julio Jones because of the cost and gamble.

But wouldn't you hope that he'd learn a lesson from such a horrible call on his part? Jonathan Baldwin?

Belichick has a couple good reasons for his analysis and he's willing to share. He often says that the primary job of a receiver is to simply get open and catch the ball, and he doesn't like what he sees from Jones in either department. He thinks the receiver struggles to get open on intermediate routes, doesn't play as fast as his superb timed speed suggests, and too often displays inconsistent hands. There's also the issue of value. When Belichick began studying the 2011 draft, he saw great depth at the receiver position. Why go all-out for someone like Jones when you can likely have a Jonathan Baldwin, who, as far as Belichick can see, is just as good if not better than Jones?"

Falcons' Julio Jones gamble (opposed by Bill Belichick) paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey