PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats interested in Josh Rosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows. Right now Rodgers and Brady are the only QB's that could outright carry a franchise if they needed too. Rodgers fell late in the 05 draft and Brady fell to the 6th round. If going into the draft anybody thought they were capable of that they would go top 3 overall.

Eh, Cam Newton has carried that Panthers franchise and he was a #1 overall pick. Brees carries the Saints, and Wilson the Seahawks. Luck carried the Colts when he was healthy, and Rivers and Big Ben have carried their franchises in the past.

Eh, Cam Newton has carried that Panthers franchise and he was a #1 overall pick. Brees carries the Saints, and Wilson the Seahawks. Luck carried the Colts when he was healthy, and Rivers and Big Ben have carried their franchises in the past.

Wilson literally carries his team to wins considering the quality of that OL. His ability to be poor through three quarters and then win a game almost on his own is quite something. That poor offense is catching up to him now though.

They might but they’ve done so much work on the position, I’d be surprised.

Well, I think it's an indication that they are definitely looking to the future. However, Mike Reiss noted that he thinks the Pats may not view this QB class in same glowing terms as everyone else.

Well, I think it's an indication that they are definitely looking to the future. However, Mike Reiss noted that he thinks the Pats may not view this QB class in same glowing terms as everyone else.

He also said it’s the position they most likely double dip at. Who knows with BB but they’ve done more work at the position than pretty much every other team if you account for depth as well as the top of the class. I think they'll draft one but it’s B.B. so ??

I’m not making great claims on Allen’s behalf aside from noting his athletic upside. Here’s a question. Do you think Darnold will have as good an early career as Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson (realise that was only half a season)? Those two elevated those around them or do you think he’s going to be more like Jared Goff who looks to need talent around him. I think those three have franchise QB potential but I’d rather have Wentz/Watson over Goff as things stand right now.
I had Wentz at 9.22 & I have Darnold at 9.20. Goff 8.77 (1st RD Starter/Impact) Mahomes at 8.33, M.T. at 8.20, Watson at 8.10, Future Starters. I don't graded on positional value.

Who is coming out next season?
Lock (Miss), Herbert (Oregon), Jones (Duke), Fitz (Miss St), Stidham (Auburn), Thorson, Finley, Stick (Wentz's successor) , Stanley (Iowa), Montez (Colo), Jake Bentley (South Car)

If we still had Jimmy G, they’d still be the 3rd, 4th and 5th best QBs in the division :)

Yes, we could have franchised Jimmy G, and cut or traded a few players. In addition, we'd STILL be looking for a 2019 QB.

I’d trade 23 and 43 to Oakland for 10 and 2 5th round picks. Take Lamar Jackson who has just as much upside as any qb in the draft while maintaining the 31st pick and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents