PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets a lot of flak around here - most of it deserved because he is inconsistent. However, he is still the most serviceable #2 corner that the Pats have on the roster and is capable of stepping up to have solid games from time to time. Tough break losing him for the year.

He gets a lot of flak around here - most of it deserved because he is inconsistent. However, he is still the most serviceable #2 corner that the Pats have on the roster and is capable of stepping up to have solid games from time to time. Tough break losing him for the year.

His performance doesn't really bear that out compared to JMac's, and even JJ's. He allowed 7 receptions on 11 tgts (64%), for 106 yds (15.1 yc), and two of those receptions went for TDs. His catch-rate-allowed and ypc numbers last year were about the same.

I really hate that flawed metric. Since the defense held the Bills to 3 points, they must be good then?

Are people around here really so dumb that they can't think multidimensional but instead just look at individual stats without taking in context ?

Any single ****ing metric by itself only gives you a fraction of the overall picture. That being said points given up are more informative than yards or any single other metric because they are closer to the bottomline. But again you have to look at the entire picture and not at any single damn stat line even though that means you can't be lazy and just look at a number.

I am kinda surprised people are dismissing JMacs performance so far. He has had a really good season as CB2 and is the ideal bridge guy to give our young group of DBs time to slowly acclimate to the NFL.

There are some people that just want us to cut all of our best players so that we never win another game again, then they can have a field day on the forums taking a dump on the team every day like Belcher and Spaz

Are people around here really so dumb that they can't think multidimensional but instead just look at individual stats without taking in context ?

Any single ****ing metric by itself only gives you a fraction of the overall picture. That being said points given up are more informative than yards or any single other metric because they are closer to the bottomline. But again you have to look at the entire picture and not at any single damn stat line even though that means you can't be lazy and just look at a number.
Oh...... it's you again.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm so sick of reading these proclamations that so and so sucks with some obscure stat to back it up. If you actually go to the games and watch these guys play you won't need stats to tell you who's playing well and who's not.

Last edited:

I have a feeling that you've got that bookmarked just for this situation. :D
Who, me?
I do use Footballdb quite a bit, however, whenever I want to research past rosters, standings etc.
Not an impressive list, especially at CB, though I wouldn't have minded seeing Sterling Moore here for a few more seasons...as well as Darius Butler, who was waived prior to the start of the 2011 season.

Last edited:

That's a First Team All-Pro list right there! ;)

Aside from Mayo, Nink and Spikes, LB was similar:
- Dane Fletcher (ST)
- Niko Koutouvides (ST)
- Tracy White (ST)
- Gary "I love getting blocked!" Guyton
plus Christian Cox and Jeff Tarpinian on IR

And, at WR, it was ..
- Branch and Welker
--- plus Edelman (9 total tgts), Ocho and Slater

It seems truly astounding that the Pats made that roster work well enough to get to the SB. Having Gronk, AHern, Vereen and Woodhead certainly helped.

Rowe was a serviceable backup, not a serviceable #2.

Rowe was a serviceable backup, not a serviceable #2.

For awhile there in 2016, his first year with the Pats, that it looked like he could develop into the solid RCB that the Pats needed. He did well enough that Logan Ryan was able to focus on playing the slot for most of the second half of the season (when Rowe was healthy, that is).

But then, things kinda starting falling apart in 2017. With his chronic groin injury causing him to miss half the season, he never really developed. I personally still had some hope for his coming into this season, but now, the groin thing again. Seems like it's time to move on. Now that Jones is playing consistently well and JMac is holding down the fort well enough, Jackson and Dawson need the snaps for development.

Rowe has been an effective player when on the field, but his chronic groin injuries have really setback his career. It’s sad for the young man really.

What will @captain stone ’s reaction be if James “thanks Dad and bro” Ferentz is promoted to the 53 later today because of all the OL injuries?

Rowe has been an effective player when on the field, but his chronic groin injuries have really setback his career. It’s sad for the young man really.

What will @captain stone ’s reaction be if James “thanks Dad and bro” Ferentz is promoted to the 53 later today because of all the OL injuries?

He would probably be about as happy as I would be.

That's a First Team All-Pro list right there! ;)

Aside from Mayo, Nink and Spikes, LB was similar:
- Dane Fletcher (ST)
- Niko Koutouvides (ST)
- Tracy White (ST)
- Gary "I love getting blocked!" Guyton
plus Christian Cox and Jeff Tarpinian on IR

And, at WR, it was ..
- Branch and Welker
--- plus Edelman (9 total tgts), Ocho and Slater

It seems truly astounding that the Pats made that roster work well enough to get to the SB. Having Gronk, AHern, Vereen and Woodhead certainly helped.
I remember 2011 it was a great time, so much has changed, Hernandez was yet to kill anyone, Edelman was a JAG according to 95% of this forum..

Who is a better corner on the Pats roster besides Gilmore?
Just look up patriots depth chart, write down every player listed under CB except Rowe and you’ll have answered your own question.

Who is a better corner on the Pats roster besides Gilmore?
Right now? JJones, McCourty and I'm sure one or more of the young guys.

Rowe, at most, is our fourth best corner if he were playing. On the rare occasion he could make a play. Otherwise he was getting beat or celebrating a receiver dropping the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News