PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were many in the "Mega Malcolm Butler" thread that has been locked.

Following up on my last picture, do you still take over organized crime with your telekinesis after the events of "Looper" have passed or does someone else still end up killing Sara in the future even though young Joe effectively took out old Joe?

Following up on my last picture, do you still take over organized crime with your telekinesis after the events of "Looper" have passed or does someone else still end up killing Sara in the future even though young Joe effectively took out old Joe?

I have no idea where you're going with this.

I have no idea where you're going with this.

What do you mean? Young Joe killed himself to stop old Joe from killing Sara which would have rendered you an orphan and forced you to turn to a life of crime - which you eventually do and you use your telekinesis to kill all of the other mob bosses 30 years in the future and take over the mob before you start closing all the loops. The problem is that old Joe, in his timeline, wasn't the one that killed Sara... which means that someone else did it. So my question is that even though young Joe killed old Joe (by killing himself) and stopped old Joe from killing Sara, does someone else still kill Sara and turn you toward a life of crime anyway? Get it now?

What do you mean? Young Joe killed himself to stop old Joe from killing Sara which would have rendered you an orphan and forced you to turn to a life of crime - which you eventually do and you use your telekinesis to kill all of the other mob bosses 30 years in the future and take over the mob before you start closing all the loops. The problem is that old Joe, in his timeline, wasn't the one that killed Sara... which means that someone else did it. So my question is that even though young Joe killed old Joe (by killing himself) and stopped old Joe from killing Sara, does someone else still kill Sara and turn you toward a life of crime anyway? Get it now?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

No. I don't.

No. I don't.

Well, at least answer this - were you closing the loops because the person that murdered Sara originally in old Joe's timeline was another Looper? This could theoretically mean that even though young Joe stopped old Joe from killing Sara, she may still die from another Looper coming to kill you and killing Sara.

Well, at least answer this - were you closing the loops because the person that murdered Sara originally in old Joe's timeline was another Looper? This could theoretically mean that even though young Joe stopped old Joe from killing Sara, she may still die from another Looper coming to kill you and killing Sara.

OR............

Parallel timelines

OR............

Parallel timelines

Very possible. I honestly hope they make a stand alone movie about the Rainmaker. I would pay handsomely to see that if they have the same writers.

@TheRainMaker I'm messing with you. Go watch the movie "Looper." You won't regret it. I promise.

I don't think Dawson is going to come in and be slotted as a safety at all. And I'm not sure where the opinion that he's a better fit there comes from outside of the fact that the team tried him there in camp. Dawson is a pretty straight up press-man corner. By the end of the season, my hope is that he locks down the CB2 spot and makes it so that J. Jones is able to kick inside to nickel.

Dawson's a pure slot player, though, so I don't think he's going to displace Jones like that. Which is fine, having a top-notch slot player is important... arguably more important than having a top-notch safety.

Very possible. I honestly hope they make a stand alone movie about the Rainmaker. I would pay handsomely to see that if they have the same writers.

@TheRainMaker I'm messing with you. Go watch the movie "Looper." You won't regret it. I promise.
I've see it. It's a good movie.

Dawson's a pure slot player, though, so I don't think he's going to displace Jones like that. Which is fine, having a top-notch slot player is important... arguably more important than having a top-notch safety.

He more than held his own at UF on the outside against SEC-caliber talent (some of which is currently in the league). I think the team needs to at least try him on the outside to see if he can be an improvement on what McCourty and Jones have brought to the table. Jones, on the other hand, is the perfect nickel corner. Kicking him inside full time would be the ultimate luxury.

IDK. As I recall, there was at least some discussion in the Draft Forum about Dawson having the potential to play safety. In the Pats schemes, that's more or less a "slot" position much of the time.

My point has been proven. You are still going out of your way to pick apart my argument with quotes such as “slinging s*** around”, “flawed”, “stop embarrassing yourself”. You are clearly defending him. If you didn’t care, you’d ignore my comment.

I’ve said my peace about Rowe and I will stop talking about him in respect to @Ian latest post.

I am not defending him as my words clearly indicate to anyone who has some reading comprehension. Show me one instance where I called him a net positive. Please.

But then again it is always easier to be intellectually lazy and just claim **** without any way of backing it up so whatever.

Earthwind Moreland, Ellis Hobbs.
There's been some slugs and midgets.
No team can afford all stars in the secondary.
This secondary is light years ahead of some we have had in past.

What does that even mean ?

Rowe`s biggest issue is his availability and nothing else. He seems to always pull a groin or hamstring a few games in and therefore never gets into a playing rhythm. I dont think I have seen a single Rowe fanboy on this board who says he has been an amazing player.

Also, what makes him a bizarre player ?
Rowe has more issues than just availability. He is a liability in coverage.

I don't understand the dislike for Rowe.

He's not good, but he's not bad either. In addition, he's 6'1 with decent speed, and again, while he hasn't exactly wow-ed us like Gilmore has, he is nowhere near as bad as some of the CBs and safeties we've had prior to Revis/Browner.

Never forget the legendary 2011 defense, which featured:
  • DMac
  • Ras-IR Dowling
  • Antwaun Molden
  • Kyle Arrington
  • James Ihedigbo
  • Sergio Brown
  • Patrick Chung (was terrible back then)
Was there another JAG in there? I forgot. Anyways, Rowe is better than the majority of the players here and I am not happy he is headed to IR.
The full list, according to Footballdb.com:
Defensive Backs

Phillip Adams

Kyle Arrington

Josh Barrett

Leigh Bodden

Sergio Brown

Patrick Chung

Ras-I Dowling

James Ihedigbo

Nathan Jones

Bret Lockett

Devin McCourty

Antwaun Molden

Sterling Moore

Ross Ventrone

Malcolm Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back