PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a First Team All-Pro list right there! ;)

Aside from Mayo, Nink and Spikes, LB was similar:
- Dane Fletcher (ST)
- Niko Koutouvides (ST)
- Tracy White (ST)
- Gary "I love getting blocked!" Guyton
plus Christian Cox and Jeff Tarpinian on IR

And, at WR, it was ..
- Branch and Welker
--- plus Edelman (9 total tgts), Ocho and Slater

It seems truly astounding that the Pats made that roster work well enough to get to the SB. Having Gronk, AHern, Vereen and Woodhead certainly helped...
...and don't forget Ridley & the Law Firm too, with Kevin Faulk as the Elder Statesman.

Yeah the WRs were bad; and that's why not drafting Golden Tate in 2010, waiving Brandon Tate during final cut-downs of 2011, and trading for the exercrable OchoStinko over that summer were inexcusable, fireable transactions that set back the franchise 3 years.

As for the LBs, well isn't that the same old story that we've been seeing for almost a full decade now, and it STILL hasn't been adequately addressed?

In which quarter of which game was he an effective player?

SB 51. He covered Julio Jones, and aside for a couple of unbelievable catches by Jones, Rowe held him pretty much in check.

SB 52. After he was switched off Jeffries, he was hardly targeted the rest of the game.

KC vs NE 2018. He was the nickel back rotating with J. Jones depending on matchups. I was there so I had my own version of All22. Rowe played well and wasn’t responsible for the big play breakdowns in that game.

Rowe will be missed if for no other reason than he was the only Pats DB with the length to compete with bigger receivers.

Otherwise he was getting beat or celebrating a receiver dropping the ball.
Nobody did that better than Butler though. Butler was also the king at waving his hands motioning to the refs it was an incomplete pass whenever a receiver caught the ball on him.

I noticed Rowe also doing the two hand touch after the receiver fell down.

SB 51. He covered Julio Jones, and aside for a couple of unbelievable catches by Jones, Rowe held him pretty much in check.

SB 52. After he was switched off Jeffries, he was hardly targeted the rest of the game.

KC vs NE 2018. He was the nickel back rotating with J. Jones depending on matchups. I was there so I had my own version of All22. Rowe played well and wasn’t responsible for the big play breakdowns in that game.

Rowe will be missed if for no other reason than he was the only Pats DB with the length to compete with bigger receivers.

I could tear those apart, but the fact that you went with SB 52, when the Eagles figured out that they could go after the lower level matches because of Butler's absence tells me that I don't have to bother doing it, because you know you're talking crazy. Also, Gilmore is just about the same size as Rowe, and has about the same arm length, so the "if for no other reason" isn't an actual reason.

"Except for all those times Julio and Jeffries roasted him like a pig on a spit...."

rofl.gif

Nobody did that better than Butler though. Butler was also the king at waving his hands motioning to the refs it was an incomplete pass whenever a receiver caught the ball on him.

I noticed Rowe also doing the two hand touch after the receiver fell down.
Difference being that Butler actually made big plays. Rowe does not.

Right now? JJones, McCourty and I'm sure one or more of the young guys.

Rowe, at most, is our fourth best corner if he were playing. On the rare occasion he could make a play. Otherwise he was getting beat or celebrating a receiver dropping the ball.
Rowe was given the #2 corner position by the coaching staff. I’m not saying this guy is a stud corner or anything, but he plays well enough to earn the spot coming out of preseason.

Rowe was given the #2 corner position by the coaching staff. I’m not saying this guy is a stud corner or anything, but he plays well enough to earn the spot coming out of preseason.
The coaching staff was wrong for thinking he was up to the job, IMO. He wasn't off to a good start even before he got hurt...again.

When has he ever played well enough to earn a starting spot?

What exactly is a "the #2 corner position" on the field?

In wk-1, Rowe played 100% of the D-snaps, playing primarily on the left boundary, while Gilmore played the right boundary (100% of the D-snaps). JJ played 50% of the snaps, primarily in the slot. JMac played 8%.

In wk-2, Gilmore played 100% of the snaps, primarily on the left boundary. JMac and JJ played 75% and 79% respectively, mixing it up between the right boundary and the slot. Rowe played 23% of the snaps.

Beginning with wk-3, JMac has been the primary LCB, averaging over 91% of the D-snaps, while Gilmore has been the primary RCB, and JJ has been the primary slot CB (although they've all covered all three spots from time-to-time, depending on the coverage schemes.

Defensive roles evolve all season long, and everybody "earns" their role(s) every week. Rowe earned a shot at boundary corner for wk-1 coming out of Camp and was replaced by wk-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes