PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Baltimore or Buffalo next week?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are you rooting for?

• Baltimore

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 93 78.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give the Bills credit they are playing really well on both sides.

Yeah, silly question here. Why would you want to have to play Baltimore again in Baltimore? The only other road game the Ravens have is @CLE and they will sleep walk to a victory there. The Bills are a legit playoff team and have a stout defense. They are pretty much our last hope for HFA.

This is a horrible choice, before the game last night I would have automatically said the Bills, but if they win we are only one game ahead of them. Not sure we will beat KC the way we are playing
Please let it be a tie !

Woulda been nice if our game with kc was first to have a better idea. I’m going to go with rooting for buffalo because whether they win or lose Win or lose this game, I think the division could still be up for grabs when we play them again. Probably gonna be a must win regardless so a Buffalo loss next week might not even help.

bills because pats play them at home and i8f they can't beat them, they don't deserve the division. The big picture is the SB and getting home field against Balt is a biggie.

If the Pats take care of business on Sunday, then you'd prefer the Bills to beat the Ravens. If the Pats lose, you want the Ravens to beat the Bills.

FWIW if we lose to KC and Buffalo while Buffalo losses to Baltimore and otherwise wins out, I believe we win the tiebreaker:

To Break A Tie Within A Division
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

H-H would be tied.
Division would be tied.
Common games we would win as Buffalo lost to Cleveland and Philly who we beat.

You want to control your own destiny. There is an opportunity to beat Buffalo again in the regular season. Not so for Baltimore. I'm cheering for the Bills big time.

A meteor shower??

We need a snowy, windy mess in Buffalo next week. Go Bills.

The more I think about this, the more I'm rooting for Buffalo, for the following reasons (in no particular order):

1) I want more film of Baltimore losing for the coaches to pour over. It's not like we don't have the horses on defense this year to mimic some concepts, so any flaws that can be revealed can help us.

2) We've gone to Buffalo and won. It wasn't pretty, but we've done it. Worst case scenario, I know we can do that again. I believe we can win in Baltimore too, but it's harder.

3) We still hold our destiny in our hands with Buffalo. We beat them at HOME, and the division is ours, even if we lose to KC this week.

4) I don't think there's enough logic in the world to get me to root for Jon Harbaugh.

Nah. We play for first place, we shouldn’t be worried about winning the division.

As long as we take care of business and beat Buffalo at home, we’ll get it. Going to Baltimore would be not be good.

Bills upsetting the Ravens would be a huge break. Plus, I think the Steelers will beat the Bills anyways.
Bills beating Ravens could be a short lived break, if KC beats the Pats a few hours later. Pats would still lose HFA and now be tied with Bills. That would be a catastrophy.

Secure division. Even if Pats end up with #2 seed, it could result in KC and Ravens in divisional round, and who knows, if KC beats them, then they would have to play Pats at Gillette.

rooting for the bills

i'm not afraid of any team w/ a passing QB against our D, we just need to figure out the running QBs out

also rather control my own destiny than depend on others

If we can't beat Buffalo at home (I know that's not the game this week), then what do you think we'd be able to do in the post-season? So, we can win the division basically with a win over Buffalo even if we lose to KC (and I'm not saying we will lose).

I say getting #1 seed is the way to go. go Buffalo - for this week only

This is a no-brainer. You root for the Ravens. Secure the division first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes