PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rich Eisen on the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debate is over. My.beat buddy and huge colt fan said the amount of superbowls speak for it self yesterday.

Which means he said it without saying it.

It's a win lol because we know how colt fans are

Now it's just time to add more to make sure guys like Rodgers can't go and padded his stats with Brady retired

The debate is over for now, but it's been temporarily over before. Next fall, Rodgers will get white-hot for a few weeks and all of the haters will get runny scivvies for awhile. But, it'll pass...

Regarding Rodgers I've posted this before but in the playoffs Tom Brady when throwing over 50 attempts moved to 5-2 in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have never attempted 50 attempts. Not only that they are 2-4 and 3-9 respectively when throwing 40+ times. When they're forced to carry the entire load like Brady was against Seattle and Atlanta they simply cannot do it.

As an FYI the three QBs with wins when throwing 50 times other than Brady are Fouts, Eli and Kosar.

A lot of this was from the CHFF article from before the AFCCG so Brady has increased his records. If you go through all the game winning and 4th quarter playoff and other records Rodgers and Manning aren't there. Assuming Brady stays healthy for three more seasons all the volume regular season stats will be a wash with Manning and Brady already owns the postseason and it's not even close.

Every Time Tom Brady Takes a Snap Sunday He’ll Set a New Playoff Record

Rodgers wouldn't have led that comeback.

In Rodgers defense, it is impossible to stage a comeback with GB's defense. They gave up 44 to Atlanta in the NFC championship game. Even if Rodgers played a perfect second half, GB simply couldn't get any stops. Brady can't make this comeback if it wasn't for the defense shutting ATL down and giving Brady opportunities.

Rich Eisen is Michigan alumni. there's a connection there.

I saw a video yesterday with him talking to Mike Lombardi on Pats defense. Lombardi was explaining how Pats prepared for 2 point plays and defensive schemes and Rich Eisen was blown away.

You still hear people saying Manning is the best regular season qb, however Brady's teams have averaged 1+ppg than Manning's and by game 4-5 next year he will pass Manning for most reg season wins and have ~ 27 fewer losses. He will pass Favre for wins with < half o losses of Farve. Next Oct he will reach a point where in the reg season he has 5-6 more losses than Montana but 70 more wins.

As a long time fan (season tickets as a HS in 70 when Schaeffer Stadium opened, voted to get John Smith an invite to TC in the 'superfoot' competition at the old race track) I appreciate what we have now, but when I look at the numbers relative to any other qb I am still blown away.

List of National Football League quarterback wins leaders - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Rodgers is overrated. When's the last time he won a SB???? 2010??? such a long time ago.

Manning played in 4 SB's and stunk in all of them.

You still hear people saying Manning is the best regular season qb, however Brady's teams have averaged 1+ppg than Manning's and by game 4-5 next year he will pass Manning for most reg season wins and have ~ 27 fewer losses. He will pass Favre for wins with < half o losses of Farve. Next Oct he will reach a point where in the reg season he has 5-6 more losses than Montana but 70 more wins.

Who have you heard say this recently? I just haven't heard anyone talk about Manning in a long time, on a show or on a message board even. Rodgers is the one everyone is dying to anoint now.

Who have you heard say this recently? I just haven't heard anyone talk about Manning in a long time, on a show or on a message board even. Rodgers is the one everyone is dying to anoint now.

Francessa in the past month.

So BB/TB12 are currently for most NFL championships all time with Lombardi/Starr, 5, 1 more and they are all alone in terms of winning NFL championships.

Last edited:
Rodgers is overrated. When's the last time he won a SB???? 2010??? such a long time ago.

Manning played in 4 SB's and stunk in all of them.

Brady went 10 years between SB wins. It didn't mean that he was overrated.

Rich Eisen is Michigan alumni. there's a connection there.

I saw a video yesterday with him talking to Mike Lombardi on Pats defense. Lombardi was explaining how Pats prepared for 2 point plays and defensive schemes and Rich Eisen was blown away.

But he did say that his being a partisan for Michigan has nothing to do with his opinions now. That game on Sunday put a stamp on Brady being the GOAT. Anyone who tries to argue different is within their rights to do so, but by their own peril.

a
But he did say that his being a partisan for Michigan has nothing to do with his opinions now. That game on Sunday put a stamp on Brady being the GOAT. Anyone who tries to argue different is within their rights to do so, but by their own peril.
Correct. I did not mean Rich Eisen said that 'coz he went to Michigan. He's one of the few guys on NFL network who's always supportive of Brady. In this segment he was literally in awe of what Brady did in the game and how Pats won.

This whole conversation/debate is now over (if not before)
However, my main reason for this post is quite simply to say, with every fibre in my being
F**K Marshall Faulk and his small mindedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes