PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots to Sign DB Vincent Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vincent Fuller, DB signed

Would not be surprised if Ihedigbo can't answer the bell this weekend. The guy's shoulder has been Crazy Glue'd on for gamedays. Tough SOB..

Last edited:

I don't know why I like DBs who are 6ft and above. I don't care about anything else. I just don't want to see a midget covering Plaxico or Marshall or Jackson
Since none of those receivers will be in the playoffs, I guess your concern is a minor one.

4/6 with two of them going for 61 and 78 yards, off of Brees in his Fuller's debut ( pick on the rookie), off Leftwich in his second game ( keep picking on the rookie)and then off Trent Edwards and Keith Null ( who?) in a game in which Null threw 5 picks.....

Let's hope we get TJ Yates and Andy Dalton in the playoffs then!

Since none of those receivers will be in the playoffs, I guess your concern is a minor one.

The Pats face one of them this week.

Thanks for the video links. Looks like a player. Good work Floyd Reese!

IF Chung and Ihedigbo are healthy for the playoffs, this is a BETTER situation than when the season started.

IMHO, Chung/Ihedigbo/Jones are playing as well as I expected from Chung/Barrett/Brown.

And we have injury insurance with Brown, Fuller and Moore.
==============

BTW, the situation is still terrible. Belichick made his worst personnel decisions ever when he released Meriweather and Sanders. My gut feel is that Belichick may think that adding Barrett and a preseason to the mix will give us a solid situation at safety.

Ah, ha..good catch.

I originally was going to include him, but thought of him just as a CB. Since he can play both positions, that is likely correct.

So we'd move Sergio Brown and a battle with Vincent Fuller down to the #4 spot then.

Chung
Ihedigbo
Nate Jones
S.Brown or Fuller for the 4th slot

That'd leave out: Slater, Ventrone, the loser of the Brown/Fuller competition, and S.Moore as the safeties that don't need to see action at the positon--barring injuries of course.

Belichick made his worst personnel decisions ever when he released Meriweather and Sanders.

Was this meant to be a hyperbole, or should I attack you for it?:eek:

Hi praise for Fuller. But can he play at his former level considering he was released from IR? Hope he has been working out and can pick up the defensive system quickly!

:eek:

Not turning and looking for the ball, play it safe, don't get beat deep yet getting beat deep one? I hope he brings some necessary instinct rather than following these coaches. Look at here McCourty is, the guy has talent, it is the coaching. BB should quit all other tasks and assume the roll of defensive backs as Ty Law said he should.

:eek:

Not turning and looking for the ball, play it safe, don't get beat deep yet getting beat deep one? I hope he brings some necessary instinct rather than following these coaches. Look at here McCourty is, the guy has talent, it is the coaching. BB should quit all other tasks and assume the roll of defensive backs as Ty Law said he should.

I believe the Mangenious was the DB coach when the Pats won it all with Randall Gay and co back there.

*crosses fingers for the luck of a Hank Poteat: Part II*
Or Earthwind Moreland if he plays corner (and especially if we win the SB with him)

Or Earthwind Moreland if he plays corner (and especially if we win the SB with him)

How about Artrell Hawkins? He never gets mentioned with the successful street free agent types, but he really saved the team in '05 by coming in and stabilizing the safety position. Team lost to Denver in the playoffs that year, but Hawkins was really a great addition. Here's hoping Vincent Fuller has that sort of impact--I really feel he could be a huge difference maker if he can play to that level.

Yes, this is hyperbole.

However, feel free to list the worst personnel decisions other than missing on a draft (which happens all the time, and is not extraordinary).

Last edited:

You can attack me instead...I'll take one for the team ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3