PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Report: Patriots Acquire DeVante Parker from Dolphins

They must be waiting for some team to agree to pony up a 6th round draft pick for Harry, otherwise they could have just cut Harry today to get under the cap

Why would anyone trade anything more than a bag of chit for this guy? He's going to get cut and then get picked up on waivers. Be very lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him. He has no value. All this BS about possible trades is just clickbait. No one is going to trade for this bust of a draft pick. He sucks.
OK, so we'll get a 6th or 7th for him. That's better than cutting him.

Why would anyone trade anything more than a bag of chit for this guy? He's going to get cut and then get picked up on waivers. Be very lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him. He has no value. All this BS about possible trades is just clickbait. No one is going to trade for this bust of a draft pick. He sucks.
Also the fact that all the other WR's except him are working out with Mac in Florida is pretty telling the writing on the wall. Also
Kristian Wilkerson coming off the PS and making plays in real games show how far Harry have fallen.

Last edited:

Smart GM's guess their a lot of dumb ones in FA 2022. I don't believe in that particular theory it's obvious that the Rams don't either they are defending champs and have already replenished themselves adding WR Allen Robinson. The point you ain't winning SB's with average WR's anymore also WR's have more value to a Team than RB's nowadays.

I wonder if this trade signals a more pass happy offense in Mac's second year or a similar offense to last year that plays with tempo so they can get off more plays. Jonnu Smith, Agholor, Parker, and White will all expect increased touches compared to last year and I'm not sure if there will be enough opportunities to go around. Agholor for a pick on draft day might make sense.

Only if a top-100-caliber WR is drafted during Day 2... We still need Healthy, youthful Talent at the position.

I'm glad Bill restructure that terrible contract he gave Wise. Wow that was bad!

They must be waiting for some team to agree to pony up a 6th round draft pick for Harry, otherwise they could have just cut Harry today to get under the cap

OK, so we'll get a 6th or 7th for him. That's better than cutting him.

We're not getting a 6th for him, unless it's for Harry & a 7th.

Smart GM's guess their a lot of dumb ones in FA 2022. I don't believe in that particular theory it's obvious that the Rams don't either they are defending champs and have already replenished themselves adding WR Allen Robinson. The point you ain't winning SB's with average WR's anymore also WR's have more value to a Team than RB's nowadays.

You can if your QB is Tom Brady and you give him enough time, but even he deserves to have that special someone... Question is, will just one special WR be enough for a lesser QB like Mac, or will his protection need to be even better than Brady's was? Either way, we still need to draft a top-100-caliber WR AND a starting-caliber LT... or LG and pray that Wynn/Lose doesn't continue to underwhelm or not even stay healthy enough to underwhelm... or RT and move Trent Brown & His Calf of Renown to LT...

Contract $$ stayed the same, he just added $2M more to his already guaranteed $10M by pushing the $2M to '23 & '24.

That contract still completely ****ing sucks, but such is life for those players whom Bill "likes" rather than for those whose performances actually, you know, deserve such contracts.

Contract $$ stayed the same, he just added $2M more to his already guaranteed $10M by pushing the $2M to '23 & '24.

Thanks, we knew that already. Nobody expected him to give guaranteed money back to the patriots for this year out of the kindness of his heart.

I don't believe in that particular theory
So you're taking Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Jakeem Grant and Anthony Schwartz over Devante Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers and Nelson Agholor?

the Rams don't either they are defending champs and have already replenished themselves adding WR Allen Robinson.

Since 2016-
Robinson- 366 rec. 4,461 yards, 12.1 YPC. 24 TD (88 games played)
Parker- 312 rec. 4,233 yards, 13.5 YPC. 21 TD (80 games played)

and both played in bad to average offenses and both had meh to bad QB play during that time.

Rams just proving they are in "win now" mode paying Robinson 15.6m per as the #2 WR.

So you're taking Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Jakeem Grant and Anthony Schwartz over Devante Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers and Nelson Agholor?

Since 2016-
Robinson- 366 rec. 4,461 yards, 12.1 YPC. 24 TD (88 games played)
Parker- 312 rec. 4,233 yards, 13.5 YPC. 21 TD (80 games played)

and both played in bad to average offenses and both had meh to bad QB play during that time.

Rams just proving they are in "win now" mode paying Robinson 15.6m per as the #2 WR.
To answer your questions we got very lucky with Bourne last FA. Meyers was playing out of position he's neither a one or a two he's a border line 3. I think Agholor could do much better in year two. Parker is better than all of them I mean current Patriot receivers. On Parker great Trade he's a guy who can produce as the numbers show. That said I think Robinson is slightly better than him. But the Patriots got good value in that Trade.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back