PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Report: Patriots Acquire DeVante Parker from Dolphins

Maybe the Pats can have the reverse of Aqib Talib. Talib was injured both years he was with the Patriots (and he had a lot of injuries with the Bucs) and then went to Denver and never got injured.

That's cause he was faking injuries here

No word on Parker's physical or official transaction. They must be making moves to fit him under the cap. More trades coming or extensions/restructures?

Agholor as a #1, in his 1st year in the system, with a rookie QB, was bound to suffer. The good takeaways from last season are that he showed good hands, good speed, seemed to be a good fit on the team. How many times did Mac not even see him when he open downfield?

Agholor as a #2, in his 2nd year in the system, with a sophomore QB, is going to excel this year. Parker/Agholor/Bourne, with Meyers rotating in and in spread formations, together with Henry, are going to be tough to stop - assuming:
a. Mac continues his development, which he should
b. we find a good Guard, which we should
c. Onwenu returns to form and that Brown stays healthy, which I'm hopeful for
d. and that therefore the run game continues to excel and even improve, which it should.
I agree with you on all of this. I am pretty happy with having Bourne, Meyers, Parker, Agholor, Smith, Henry as pass catching options.... not to mention James White and Stevenson/Harris (less so).

Sure its not Waddle/Hill but if Mac can read a defense and find the open receiver, these aren't complete schmucks catching the ball.

Pair that with a very complimentary run game and I think the Pats will have a very solid offense even without drafting anyone.... Im actually more worried about our D than O...

No word on Parker's physical or official transaction. They must be making moves to fit him under the cap. More trades coming or extensions/restructures?
I was wondering the same thing.

Do you mean that the catches will be great and the YACs close to zero?
Ha! - yeah, probably something like that, but that's the rub in getting an outside the hashes physical guy right? Likelihood of YAC goes down for that WR, but opens up the field for YAC for the others working inside the numbers. Team offensive dynamics.

So is Harry getting cut soon?
Enough to enough understand that Harry won't be on our 53. There is no rush. If we can a pick now, then great. We might need to wait until after the draft, or even closer to the opening of camp.

initially I was excited about this but I had forgotten how many games this guy misses. it's really an extraordinary amount of time inactive. last 3 seasons he's only played 33/49 games....so he's been out at least 5 games/season recently. still think it's a good move but we need to temper our optimism bc odds are this guy's missing at least a game a month this season
It also means that when he's on the field, he's probably not 100%, so speed is not all there, especially with all those hamstring injuries - acceleration/stops/cuts/top end. I think we saw that with Agholor last season with his ankle injury. I think we saw that with N'Keal and his numerous injuries - I really wonder what this guy could've done if he were able to stay on the field from the beginning.

I don't know how these guys perform while injured. Any little issue I have (like knee or hamstring or ankle) and my sprint times are reduced a fair amount - and that's in addition to the fact I'm far from a spring chicken at this point, and I'm only going in a straight line.

Enough to enough understand that Harry won't be on our 53. There is no rush. If we can a pick now, then great. We might need to wait until after the draft, or even closer to the opening of camp.
Why would anyone trade anything more than a bag of chit for this guy? He's going to get cut and then get picked up on waivers. Be very lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him. He has no value. All this BS about possible trades is just clickbait. No one is going to trade for this bust of a draft pick. He sucks.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back