PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could shop Parker

You can have a youth movement and keep Parker.

Again, there’s about 5-6 slots for the receiver position. Keeping him won’t derail our season.
I don't see Thornton - Parker and Boutte making the 2024 Roster I think they are all that bad. Three opent spots right there.

Trade Juju for a salary dump move, or just bite the bullet and take on his dead money after June 1st. I don’t see a point in keeping someone who is completely toast.
Unfortunately no one is going to trade for his guaranteed salary, they'll wait for his release. Since they gain almost zero cap space from cutting him, they may as well hold onto him for now for depth and see how he does. If they find out that they have better options later, they can cut him then.

No Team is taking Juju's 260 yds with his 24 cap hit we are stuck with him at least for this year. See informative post from Ross above regarding Juju.
So why should we take him as our WR3 if he truly is that useless?

The team needs to get better, not take on charity cases.

Unfortunately no one is going to trade for his guaranteed salary, they'll wait for his release. Since they gain almost zero cap space from cutting him, they may as well hold onto him for now for depth and see how he does. If they find out that they have better options later, they can cut him then.
My angle is more that we take on a chunk of the deal, the same way the Chargers took on most of JC Jackson’s deal.

I’m fine with keeping him over the offseason into camp. But I’m not for keeping him over other talent just because of the contract.

So why should we take him as our WR3 if he truly is that useless?

The team needs to get better, not take on charity cases.
That's why the Former GM is not in the building.

Let Me In Door GIF by KPISS.FM

My angle is more that we take on a chunk of the deal, the same way the Chargers took on most of JC Jackson’s deal.

I’m fine with keeping him over the offseason into camp. But I’m not for keeping him over other talent just because of the contract.
I would love to see if Mayo or Wolf could pull off something like that Juju looked cooked last year literally and figuratively.

Id see how fa/draft pan out and go from there if the savings is just $3m right now. If he enters camp as the 4th wr or God forbid higher you may as well keep him. That cap number is honestly not bad for what he can bring at his best.

Of course my preference is we are able to bring in at least 2 better wideout options to go with Douglas and bourne or jjss. Plus according to otc our cap savings goes up a couple million if you wait until after june 1 to trade him. In that case id honestly take a loss on the trade if it came to it (parker plus a 5th for a 6th or something).

I feel the opposite. Would rather send Juju off and eat some of his salary in order for another team to take him on. Get a late rounder.
That makes more sense , I did not think that way

I wish we had a choice but we don't unfortunately I think Juju is cooked what a Terrible contract more power to his Agent. :rolleyes:
You are probably correct , I just thought if the two of them were available then I would prefer JJSS

If they could trade him for anything, they should take it. He’s got a bad attitude.
Yep especially after the raiders game last season. Get what we can for him.. he plays on average half a season, and the contract and the production are upside down..

Parker as a #2 or #3 on a team that has a good QB and a good WR or two might be productive. He isn't a primary WR which is how the Pats used him a lot. But I can see him in a role like how the Pats used Stallworth in 2007. Stallworth and Parker are very different WRs, but Stallworth was a defacto #3 (although a starter) who was really only used to make a handful of big plays a game.

I don't think the Pats will get anything more than a late third day pick for Parker, but I can see someone taking him off the Patriots' hands.
Agreed, if there was a positive with him It was he is a great sideline catch guy.

Any chance of a trade happening ended when McDaniels got fired.

Get Parker far away from this team. If necessary, cut him and eat the money.

Parker- try to trade him even if it's a 2025 late Rd pick. If no team goes for it do a post June 1st cut.
Juju- I don't think anyone likes the contract especially when it shoulda been jacobis. Unfortunately it's a hard contract to get out of. Glass half full perspective he did go into last year with knee problems. If he's fully healthy he could be better. He's been productive before. And should be the 3rd- 5th wr on the team. If pats had good players at the 1 spot and 2 spot and TE juju is the guy you hit up when he's playing against one of the other teams worst defenders. It's not ideal but pats gotta make it work.

Pats go into FA and the draft with demario juju and thornton so they can add up to 3 WRs and honestly thornton is skating on thin ice too. This year is probably his last chance.

Adding at least 3 WRs will be fun

IMO Juju gets 1 more chance but Parker needs to be out of chances.

Parker- try to trade him even if it's a 2025 late Rd pick. If no team goes for it do a post June 1st cut.
Juju- I don't think anyone likes the contract especially when it shoulda been jacobis. Unfortunately it's a hard contract to get out of. Glass half full perspective he did go into last year with knee problems. If he's fully healthy he could be better. He's been productive before. And should be the 3rd- 5th wr on the team. If pats had good players at the 1 spot and 2 spot and TE juju is the guy you hit up when he's playing against one of the other teams worst defenders. It's not ideal but pats gotta make it work.

Pats go into FA and the draft with demario juju and thornton so they can add up to 3 WRs and honestly thornton is skating on thin ice too. This year is probably his last chance.

Adding at least 3 WRs will be fun
Gabe Davis, Ridley and Hollywood brown would ne nice!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back