PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Browns Hire Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit to being unable to find the brilliance in Stefanski's work.

The Browns are a train wreck.

What number HC is this? This new coach will be expected to work miracles with Mayfield like he dd with Cousins. Mayfield is Johnny Football Jr.

Bring chad O’Shea back. Apparently the reason the dolphins offense sucked so bad was because O’Shea ran an offense similar to MCD. It’s a complicated offense and they couldn’t understand it. Dolphins had to simplify

I wonder why the Ravens' Roman wasn't a hotter commodity for the various openings.
EXHIBIT ONE - yesterday's game plan and play calling

When I heard they were looking for a head coach who would buy into Paul DePodesta’s sabermetrics personnel strategy, I knew Josh was unlikely to get the job.

Sabermetrics has never actually worked that well in MLB were statistics actually have far more meaning than the NFL. There is far more in football that is not quantifiable by stats than baseball.

EXHIBIT ONE - yesterday's game plan and play calling
Your might have an argument re. the fourth-down plays. But they did gain more than 500 yards with a 22-year-old QB who almost exclusively was Roman's invention scheme-wise and led the league in scoring.

So I watched a few of his break downs he comes across as he’s the smartest guy in the room.
Great For a OC maybe not so much for a head coach.
Vrabel I think is going to be most teams prototypical coach going forward.
A guy who knows the game who players would run thru a walk for.
I think it will be a Tenn San Fran super bowl and it will be very interesting to see how Kyles brilliance goes against Vrabels fire.
Not saying Vrabel isn’t a extremely sharp coach because he is.
However I would just assume Kyle is more analytical.

Lol. Stefanski was hired because he actually wanted the job. Wouldn’t shock me if the Browns asked Josh “do you want the job” and he said “let me think about it”.

Josh truly wants to take over for BB .

Lol. Stefanski was hired because he actually wanted the job. Wouldn’t shock me if the Browns asked Josh “do you want the job” and he said “let me think about it”.

Josh truly wants to take over for BB .
Josh but I'd be worried about the elephant in the room Stephen Belichick if I was him.

Josh but I'd be worried about the elephant in the room Stephen Belichick if I was him.
Steve has a long ways to go, but BB isn’t going anywhere for a awhile. So you’re right, he could be the guy when his Dad retires. This is something Josh needs to realize.

I’m convinced Josh is actually black balled over the Indy thing.
I think you’re half right. I don’t think he’s blackballed because no team is going to refuse to hire the guy if he’s the right candidate just because he screwed someone else over.

Having said that, a team might very well refuse to hire him based on the fact that he’s the type of guy who screws people over.

I’m not sure that makes as much sense as I’d like it to. :D

Sounds like people are happy that Josh is staying, quite the opposite if anyone were to visit the get, where he is blamed quite often for any offensive struggles.
Personally, I think he is a very competent coach and with him staying, should give added incentive for TB to stay.

Looks like.......Another year of Josh designed screen passes to RBs to prop up Brady’s stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back