PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

redsox 2021 2022 off season thread

Bradley to CF with a batting rehabilitation.
CF moves to SS
SS moves to 2ND base
3rd base to 1st base.
1st basemen to DH.
Trade current DH for 3rd baseman once new deal with players opens up DH in national league.
Defensive problems solved.

:cool:
bradley is what he is. he's been in the league long enough. there is no batting rehabilitation. he is one of. if not the worst hitter in the history of baseball. his hitting stats say as much. the sox couldn't teach him to hit before. what makes you think they can now? and he's not the fielder he used to be. Hopefully he's just a late inning defensive replacement coming off the bench.

Last edited:
Will the Red Sox spring training truck be leaving for Fort Myers anytime soon?

I doubt it. This lock out is going to drag on. Nothing is ever easy when the league and the players union get together.
Or don't, in this case.

I feel I am the last guy in America that didn't know there was a lockout. I just googled it and said "pfftf they ain't playing". Screw 'em. Millionaires and Billionaires arguing money.

Today both sides met for 15 whole minutes, The two chief negotiators had a candid private 20 minute talk as well. How about working through the weekend until a deal is done.

Welp. Guess we'll have to wait a while longer for a new season.

Gives Chaim more time to try to find players who don't suck for a change.

I can think of 25 reasons why I no longer give 2 schits about baseball......but at least today MLB and the MLBPA (apparently) eliminated one of my pet peeves...The Shift.
200 ft groundouts to right will hopefully be a thing of the past.
Good riddance
Pull hitters have new life (Big Papi concurs)

Now lets eliminate pitchers wasting all our time (if I actually watched) nibbling around the corners by eliminating 1 ball in the count ( 3 balls = walk).
Dice K ruined baseball for me with his gutless nibbling approach that made every one of his starts seem like a root canal.

Or don't, in this case.

I feel I am the last guy in America that didn't know there was a lockout. I just googled it and said "pfftf they ain't playing". Screw 'em. Millionaires and Billionaires arguing money.

The millionaires - billionaires thing isn't real, once you take a harder look. Most professional baseball players end their career with meager earnings and little or no savings. A tiny portion of them make a million $$ in a career. The current rules keep that in place. The players are trying to create some light in that tunnel be reducing the time a young player can get paid for their actual contribution. Its the one piece of this entire thing that has some righteousness about it.

things I'm interested in are getting rid of the shift, universal DH, robot Homeplate ump. Proposal that i dont understand is making the bases bigger. anyone know what that's about?

I love universal DH and a robo balls and strikes only umpire. I don't like eliminating the shift. You should be able to place your defenders anywhere you like. They should eliminate any mound visits. And stop hitters from leaving the batters box. This alone will shorten games by 20 minutes. Let the players sink or swim on their own.

I love universal DH and a robo balls and strikes only umpire. I don't like eliminating the shift. You should be able to place your defenders anywhere you like. They should eliminate any mound visits. And stop hitters from leaving the batters box. This alone will shorten games by 20 minutes. Let the players sink or swim on their own.

I love getting rid of the shift. Blaming the players for not hitting to the opposite field may have some merit, but the reality of the situation is the game sucks ass when your $300 million dollar lefthanded hitter just lined out to the SS planted 50 feet behind the second baseman.

Agreed except about the DH; I want it Gone.

Red Sox claim right handed pitcher: Ralph Garza off waivers from Twins

1648148901143.png

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back