PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

redsox 2021 2022 off season thread

ERod gets $77,5 million and the Sox will get a draft pick at the end of the 2nd round.

i think our pitching staff will look totally different this year. Lots to overhaul and we just lost ERod.

I think this is a sign that bloom will operate like he's in Tampa. And I don't like it. i was hoping the team would spend wisely. But remember they are a big market team. erods contract with the tigers is pocket change for the redsox.

Last edited:
Coming off a lost season to injury, ERod added 0.9 to his ERA this season compared to his excellent 2018 & 19 seasons.
At $15.5 mill/year over 5 years, contract seems incredibly reasonable despite his erratic 2021.

Has Chaim identified an ERod issue he views as long term?
Has Chaim simply devalued the value of starters?
Is Chaim saving ammo for a bigger pitching target?

Note: Reports the Red Sox "low balled" him with a midseason contract extension offer.

Coming off a lost season to injury, ERod added 0.9 to his ERA this season compared to his excellent 2018 & 19 seasons.
At $15.5 mill/year over 5 years, contract seems incredibly reasonable despite his erratic 2021.

Has Chaim identified an ERod issue he views as long term?
Has Chaim simply devalued the value of starters?
Is Chaim saving ammo for a bigger pitching target?

Note: Reports the Red Sox "low balled" him with a midseason contract extension offer.
It might be its not just just about the money but Chain was possibly hesitant to give him a 5 year contract,

whatever the issue, we need starters that can go more than 4-5 innings

I hated the Benintendi trade. You need to get more than franchy who is a bust.

Yep...Still think Chaim has done more bad than good, and that he's so far really no better than Ben Cherryontop and his flukey 2013 season...

We were still living in Galveston TX when Lugo started his big-league career with the Ass-tros... I'll always remember the way he held his bat so high above his head...

Overall under-achievement here, but he had a good contract year in '05 and that was enough for Theo, who was trying to replace the disastrous Eddie RentaWreck... Should've (re-)signed David Eckstein in '05 instead of him; never would've needed Lugo either...

Yep...Still think Chaim has done more bad than good, and that he's so far really no better than Ben Cherryontop and his flukey 2013 season...
I haven't made up my mind on bloom yet. We will see how the off season goes. I wasn't a big erod fan. But they should have kept him for what he ended up signing for with the tigers.

Do Sox really need or want Freddie Freeman? The Sox rated #1 prospect Triston Casas plays first or Devers could switch positions. Sox resign Ryan Braiser to a 1 year deal.

Sox sign 33 year old lefty SP James Paxton to a 1 year $10 million dollar deal with a 2 year club option.

Do Sox really need or want Freddie Freeman? The Sox rated #1 prospect Triston Casas plays first or Devers could switch positions. Sox resign Ryan Braiser to a 1 year deal.

The Sox really, REALLY need Anthony Rizzo.

Reactions: sb1
The Sox really, REALLY need Anthony Rizzo.
32 year old Rizzo hit ..249 in 49 games with 8 HR and 21 RBI'S with the Yankees which translates to roughly 27 Hrs and 70 RBI'S for a season. Rizzo was rated the 35th best defensive first baseman in 2020. Bobby Dalbec hit .240 with 25 HR and 78 RBI'S in less than 100 at bats than Rizzo. Dalbec will cost the minimum while Rizzo will cost 25 million a year. I would roll the dice on Dalbec, Casas, Veras and company over the next few years..

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back