PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Zone Problems on Offense for 3 Straight Years

Keep on talking like a crazy person. You claimed elsewhere that Brady is the one insisting on shotgun. Even though he played great with 2TEs with Bill O'Brien and had maybe his most efficient season ever in a 12 personnel system . Show me how the Patriots playing shotgun this season is related to Tom Brady in Tampa. Or even any prior season. It's been skippy mcD one trick shotgun pony since 2005 for anyone paying attention.
Brady threw 466 out of 610 passes last year from shotgun. 456 of 637 from shotgun in 2012.
Jones has thrown 49 or 69 from
Shotgun or a little less frequently that the “most efficient 12 personnel system” or Brady last year.
edit: Also of the reference was to 2011 Brady threw exactly the same % of his passes from the shotgun as Jones has this year.
Facts are facts.

Last edited:
Um what? Who set a record? Cassel? Who went 10-6 with a average chiefs team? Or Cassel who lost 5 more games than the year prior and had half the numbers of the offense with Brady? I guess the OC for the chiefs is a super coach too.
Newsflash: The guy who hadn't started a game since high school isn't as good as the Greatest QB of All Time. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Newsflash: The guy who hadn't started a game since high school isn't as good as the Greatest QB of All Time. Thanks Captain Obvious.
Do all of these people have 3rd grade reading comprehension skills? Or, is that they just want to argue over and over because they can't admit Brady is human and makes mistakes like we all do?

It's a sickness.

When Brady was suspended to start the 2016 season Garrapolo and Brissett set a record for starting the season without an interception, 251, and neither had any real NFL experience,. And after losing Brady for the season he took a QB who hadn’t played football since high school and went 11-5 with Cassel at QB. MacDaniels haters can hate that all they want but it’s fact.

And yes, Eric Bienemy has been a very good OC in K.C.
I'm one who doesn't love McD and thinks he's slow to adjust in a game but you are correct. We could do a lot worse. That's why I ask other fans if they actually watch the rest of the league.

We're so spoiled.

Fanbases elsewhere are so jealous of what we have, yet there's so much anger here.

Its so sad that there are so many people that discredit everything BB has done just because Brady won with his super team. What made the dynasty incredible is that we had two GOAT's, not just one. I bet these same people will credit Mac for any success we may have in the future and completely ignore that this is a team game.

Its so sad that there are so many people that discredit everything BB has done just because Brady won with his super team. What made the dynasty incredible is that we had two GOAT's, not just one. I bet these same people will credit Mac for any success we may have in the future and completely ignore that this is a team game.
They don't understand the sport. They equate Madden NFL video games and fantasy football with success. They also listen and watch the media using disinformation to lie about the truth with what BB does.

Someone literally just said BB hadn't drafted well since 2013. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. You have a 2nd dynasty with upwards of a dozen of key drafted players from 2014-2016, and somehow none of those players helped. It just cannot be made up. It can't.

BB's drafting was so good, he had to trade Chandler Jones and walk from Trey Flowers.

“super team”

bucs hadn’t qualified for playoffs in 13 years prior

They don't understand the sport. They equate Madden NFL video games and fantasy football with success. They also listen and watch the media using disinformation to lie about the truth with what BB does.

Someone literally just said BB hadn't drafted well since 2013. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. You have a 2nd dynasty with upwards of a dozen of key drafted players from 2014-2016, and somehow none of those players helped. It just cannot be made up. It can't.

BB's drafting was so good, he had to trade Chandler Jones and walk from Trey Flowers.
You literally said Brady was a bad postseason QB and was responsible for his injury and also said that Belichick is 23-15 without Brady, lol He traded Jones and let Flowers walk because they didnt want to pay them, that is how he mostly did things....well all except Brady, he paid him and kept him on the team for two decades. Wonder why

Not one single playoff win in 18 years...all of the sudden super team because Brady won there. lol
Apparently Godwin and Evans were not on team prior to bradys arrival lol

Apparently Godwin and Evans were not on team prior to bradys arrival lol
The entire team was the same teh year before when they went 7-9, the only changes were Brady and the players Brady brought in. He flat out should get a key to that city.

I would so love to not point it out. Except look at game2. 2 great tight ends, we go shotgun 2/3 of the plays in the first half getting 3 sacks.

When idiocy happens, it will be pointed out. Maybe focus your energy on why the idiocy keeps happening
Maybe not make the same point pretty much verbatim in thread after thread post after post whenever anyone responds to you. I would have alot more sympathy to your point if there was any meat in the **** sandwich you keep serving.

Edit: (I was on my phone so it was hard to write everything I meant) if you had something of value to add like “Getting a TE on a LB opens up crossing routes which based on this throw, this throw, and this throw I think Mac does well with. If I was the play caller I would run x37shallowdelta at least once a drive to get this look which can then be exploited.” I think people would be a lot more open to hearing your POV.

The problem is there is nothing to argue or disagree with in your verbal flatulence because you are saying the same useless thing again and again and again and again. When you actual understand the game and have something of relevance to say then you should post as much as you do. When you have real suggestions beside McD sucks and should run 21 personal 100% of the time I would be happy to read it and further my own point of view. Right now you just piss the entire board off with your not stop spamming.

Last edited:
The entire team was the same teh year before when they went 7-9, the only changes were Brady and the players Brady brought in. He flat out should get a key to that city.
If you're going to deny that the Bucs are loaded with top-end talent, I don't know where to begin.

Evans and Godwin are both top 15 talent at WR - add in Antonio Brown

Gronk looks like Gronk again, but before he went there, they had OJ Howard and Cameron Brate.

Vea might be second only to Aaron Donald in the middle (and better in many circumstances, like run-stuffing). Their linebackers are two of the top 5 in the NFL.

They're loaded, and bringing in Mr. Cool was the icing on a fat cake. Brady brought them the culture, the belief, and the discipline, and obviously, a few added players, including himself.

If you're going to deny that the Bucs are loaded with top-end talent, I don't know where to begin.

Evans and Godwin are both top 15 talent at WR - add in Antonio Brown

Gronk looks like Gronk again, but before he went there, they had OJ Howard and Cameron Brate.

Vea might be second only to Aaron Donald in the middle (and better in many circumstances, like run-stuffing). Their linebackers are two of the top 5 in the NFL.

They're loaded, and bringing in Mr. Cool was the icing on a fat cake. Brady brought them the culture, the belief, and the discipline, and obviously, a few added players, including himself.
Uh huh and they went 7-9 and did not win a playoff game in 18 years...do super teams do that? Nobody anywhere said that was a loaded awesome team until Brady won the superbowl there, even leading up to the superbowl they were picked to lose in every single playoff game. Sorry but a team who does not win a single playoff game in 18 years is not a loaded super team.

Maybe not make the same point pretty much verbatim in thread after thread post after post whenever anyone responds to you. I would have alot more sympathy to your point if there was any meat in the **** sandwich you keep serving.

Getting a TE on a LB opens up crossing routes which based on this throw, this throw, and this throw I think Mac does well with. If I was the play caller I would run x37shallowdelta at least once a drive to get this look which can then be exploited.

The problem is there is nothing to argue or disagree with in your verbal flatulence because you are saying the same useless thing again and again and again and again. When you actual understand the game and have something of relevance to say then you should post as much as you do. When you have real suggestions beside McD sucks and should run 21 personal 100% of the time I would be happy to read it and further my own point of view. Right now you just piss the entire board off with your not stop spamming.
Not to jump on sides here because I have no dog in the fight, but do you not have any issue with McDaniels play calling the last few years? I sure have. When I can start predicting the plays then you are not doing something right as a playcaller. It got too predictable, and teams picked up on it as well.

Uh huh and they went 7-9 and did not win a playoff game in 18 years...do super teams do that? Nobody anywhere said that was a loaded awesome team until Brady won the superbowl there, even leading up to the superbowl they were picked to lose in every single playoff game. Sorry but a team who does not win a single playoff game in 18 years is not a loaded super team.
I didn't call them a super team. I said they were loaded, and showed you where they were loaded.

Evans, Godwin and Brown (with Miller behind them) isn't loaded at WR?

Gronk, Howard, and Brate isn't stacked at TE?

Their OL boasts Marpet, Jensen, and Wirfs.

They've got Vea, Devin White, Shaq Barrett, and Lavonte David in the front 7.

They're loaded, especially in the skill positions. They're favored, or second favorites, to win the SB. Brady is a huge part of that - don't lose your nuts here; I'm not taking anything away from him. he went to a loaded team primed for a run and added several veteran pieces with his cache to push them over the hump.

Those two only threw 116 of those passes….Brady threw the other 135. It’s good they didn’t throw an INT, but this claim is disingenuous.

They averaged 20.2 points with JG/JB. They averaged 30.0 points with Brady. A difference of nearly 10 ppg is gigantic. One is below average and the other is typically among the best in the league.

Same split with Cassell…about 10 ppg less than with Brady.

Of course their numbers didn’t approach those of the GOAT, but he was able to weather the storms in both situations, with QB’s who literally had no NFL experience. that’s good coaching, we shouldn’t expect to thrive in those situations, it was more about surviving. I don’t want MacDaniels to be the next HC of the Patriots, but those sh.tting on him are way off base, he’s a well respected OC by those who actually know what they are talking about.

Not one single playoff win in 18 years...all of the sudden super team because Brady won there. lol
If you can’t admit that the bucs aren’t loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, I don’t know what to tell you. They had one of the most explosive offenses in the league with Jameis Winston ff sake. Brady picked them for a reason. Who can blame him?

Not to jump on sides here because I have no dog in the fight, but do you not have any issue with McDaniels play calling the last few years? I sure have. When I can start predicting the plays then you are not doing something right as a playcaller. It got too predictable, and teams picked up on it as well.
Of course. Nobody is perfect and McD has his flaws, two of which IMO is love of the spread and getting away from running games that are working or abandoning too early running games getting stuffed. That said two people I respect a ton BB and TB12 think he is one of the best in the business and I recognize there might be more going on with any play calling then my sideline fan coach knows about. These are men who spend 80-100 hours a week going over plays and formations and coming up with plans. I have no doubt that they know more then I do and without the level of information and data they have it would be poor form for me to judge. I also don’t have specific things I would do different just general feelings so I read what others have to say and put in my 2 cents when I don’t understand something. Not that you need an NFL PhD to make a comment I just feel without specific things backed by a specific play you are wasting everyone’s time and that guy does it at least 100 times a day.

Edit: (I was on my phone so it was hard to write everything I meant) if you had something of value to add like “Getting a TE on a LB opens up crossing routes which based on this throw, this throw, and this throw I think Mac does well with. If I was the play caller I would run x37shallowdelta at least once a drive to get this look which can then be exploited.” I think people would be a lot more open to hearing your POV.

Fair enough. Except I'm raising many different facts and points. End of the day if I end with the same conclusion that the OC is getting played by DCs, then maybe you should pay attention to the dozen different points and reasons why.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back