PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Watching those two individuals for many years here, If you believe Bill Belichick's public words more than Danny Amendola's, then there are many Nigerian Princes ready to email you offers for money.

Hell - - Belichick is LITERALLY caught in a lie to the interviewer onscreen at 29:52 of the episode. :rofl:

This is the same head coach who stonewalled Kraft on Hernandez and continued to argue for Antonio Brown even AFTER his harrassment emails to a woman were made public the week after he got here. Don't even get me started on how many times he overlooked Josh Gordon walking out on the team. So please spare us the sanctimony of him benching Butler 10 minutes before kickoff of SB52 (btw, Butler WAS running drills with the first unit on the field that night in pregame).

And you cleverly cherrypicked Slater's sandwiched quote on the subject in the episode.

The sentence preceding the part your referenced Slater says (at 26:31) "As players, I know that we all felt that Malcolm should be out there"

At 28:06 he continues "Seeing how the game is transpiring is like 'well man we kinda need him IN there right now - - can we get him in there to stop the bleeding?"

Once again, if he planned not to use Butler in SB52, why did he not activate a very useful Alan Branch??? Blount torched the Pats straight up the middle (gee, who could've helped there???) for 90yrd on 14 carries (6.4 avg) and 1 TD that night.

Belichick should have been ****canned that night before the last piece of confetti dropped. He was a mad genius - - and he encompassed both words of that term. Yes, the Patriots probably don't get the SB the next year - - who knows? But they would probably have kept Brady a few more years and they should have won SB 52 if he wasn't so "mad".

Those are objective FACTS. Not the opinion of certitude and conjecture you posted. It is what it is. If you want to close your eyes and believe your conjectures, go ahead. But most of us aren't buying the creative conjecture your selling. The FACTS don't back you up.
You would take a guy who's been butthurt over a contract's word? That's deranged. Amendola has been doing this for many years now. He's in Asante Samuel territory. As for Belichick's words, what words are you talking about? He never talks.

I have no doubt players wanted Butler in there, but, "it's a coaching decision. And at the end of the day, he's out coach."

You're the one full of conjecture, not me.

And you wanted him fired after '17 no matter if it meant no Super Bowl?

I'm starting to doubt you guys are even Patriot fans.

Not even close. Cooks has eclipsed 1,000 yards a season half of the time in his career. Llyod has had one fluke year. LaFell is in the Sanu mold as a decent #2 to #3. Cooks had one of his worst 1,000 seasons and was still better than Llyod or LaFell during their time in NE. Cooks paired up with Edelman, Amendola and Hogan would've killed it in 2018.

He signed for $16M per season and $50 guaranteed. Not sure if the $50M was total or fully guaranteed and where the contract ranked at the time, but the contract was met with skepticism.
They all had one year.

You call it a fluke and yet he had great performances. Lloyd was the best out of the 3.

LaFell may not have had Cooks' numbers, but he performed on the biggest stages and in the most crucial moments. Cooks disappeared.

Sorry, but that 2019 offseason was among Bill's worst and most negligent offseasons. Had he put some real solid effort into that, they easily repeat in 2019.

Thomas and Brown were both free agents and not traded for. Thomas was released then quickly re-signed, only to get traded out of nowhere. That was a bad move given he knew the offense. We all know Brown was released.

Phillip Dorsett was re-signed for whatever reason as well.

Re-signing a guy (Josh Gordon) who walked out on the team during the previous season was not a wise move. He was of course released later in the season.

They signed Maurice Harris (mini camp hero) only to get cut.

Oft injured Bruce Ellington was also signed and cut.

Signs Cameron Meredith. He never played.

Uses only ONE draft pick on one of the best WR classes in quite some time, but takes the wrong one.

Trades high draft capital for Sanu. Proceeds to make a non agile WR a sitting duck returning a punt he's only done once or twice in his career and gets his ankle blown out.

They ended the season with Edelman, Harry, Meyers and Dorsett as the worst graded WR group PFF has ever seen since they started grading WR's in 2006.
The point is, they expended draft resources and brought a lot of guys in. Brown signed for $15m. That's not nothing.

There was a big attempt to stockpile that team with weapons.

I already said it all backfired and was a failure. I was answering one question only: were there efforts to give Brady weapons?

1st rounder, 2nd rounder pick for Sanu, $15m to Antonio Brown, Demaryious, J Brown, trade for Dorsett, and they still had Edelman.

The efforts were obviously there even if all the WRs flamed out and the entire OL got hurt,.

I see a coach who was a prickly arrogant bastard who gradually lost the respect of many around him, and an owner who blamed his coach for losing the Super Bowl to the Eagles, then watched him alienate the greatest player in NFL history who was also his friend, then when it came down to one or the other, chose tragically wrong. Interesting perspective on the internal dysfunction, but I wish it had been more a celebration of the amazing players and incredible accomplishments, unprecedented and unlikely to be seen again anytime soon.

Finished it last night. I lost a lot of respect for For Bill. If you wanna clam up fine but at least call the BS Gates BS. Don't just Stare at the camera like a petulant child caught doing something wrong because, now you look like you did something wrong. Why be on the show if your just gonna pout and treat it like a press conference? Heck just smile and say we're on to Cincinnati. I can see that when he had to do the ridiculous post game pressers, because the press are a bunch of idiots asking questions just to get a rise out of him, but why even take part in this production just to sit and pout. As far as benching Butler, he could've at least said he did it for disciplinary reasons without throwing anyone under the bus. Most would still disagree with the decision (like i did when he benched Welker) but, at least own up to your convictions. But to just sit there and glare at the camera was cringe inducing.

That said, I lost even more respect for Kraft. Talk about trying to play all sides (except Bills). He wanted to keep Bledsoe because he was like a son to him? More like he just gave Drew a 100 million doller contract and felt silly that a no name like Brady was out playing him. Says he was duped by AHern who he was also a "paternal" influence to , and constently refered to Brady as "Tommy". I mean how many sons do you have Bob?
He caved in to Goodell on both the Gates, and let Tom walk because defence won the last Superbowl. really? So your reasoning is Bill lost the Eagles SB by benching Butler, , But because Beli went with the Zone against the Rams you let Brady walk?
I'll always be glad Kraft bought the Pats because that started it all,, but he seems like a real POS. It seems to me Kraft has always had a chip on his shoulder after Parcels made the "Groceries" remark, and when he handed the keys to Belichick, he resented that he had no say. After seeing this Docs take I don't get the impression he kept Tom and Bill together this long. I get the impression it took him this long to drive them apart.

As usuall, Brady was a class act all the way, as was Gronk and Edelman (what ridiculiosly little time they gave Jules).

The point is, they expended draft resources and brought a lot of guys in. Brown signed for $15m. That's not nothing.

There was a big attempt to stockpile that team with weapons.

I already said it all backfired and was a failure. I was answering one question only: were there efforts to give Brady weapons?

1st rounder, 2nd rounder pick for Sanu, $15m to Antonio Brown, Demaryious, J Brown, trade for Dorsett, and they still had Edelman.

The efforts were obviously there even if all the WRs flamed out and the entire OL got hurt,.
The effort was really poor and there's no defense for this. And we haven't scratched the surface on TE's.

I don't know who J Brown is.

Again, they didn't trade for Dorsett in 2019.
They all had one year.

You call it a fluke and yet he had great performances. Lloyd was the best out of the 3.

LaFell may not have had Cooks' numbers, but he performed on the biggest stages and in the most crucial moments. Cooks disappeared.
What? Saying Llyod is better than Cooks is being disengenious at this point. Sounds like you have a bias against Cooks. Not only did he have more yards, TD's and higher yards per reception, but Cooks had 18 plays over 20 yards to Lloyd's 10 and 7 plays over 40 yards to Lloyd's whopping 1.

No contest.

Finished it last night. I lost a lot of respect for For Bill. If you wanna clam up fine but at least call the BS Gates BS. Don't just Stare at the camera like a petulant child caught doing something wrong because, now you look like you did something wrong. Why be on the show if your just gonna pout and treat it like a press conference? Heck just smile and say we're on to Cincinnati. I can see that when he had to do the ridiculous post game pressers, because the press are a bunch of idiots asking questions just to get a rise out of him, but why even take part in this production just to sit and pout. As far as benching Butler, he could've at least said he did it for disciplinary reasons without throwing anyone under the bus. Most would still disagree with the decision (like i did when he benched Welker) but, at least own up to your convictions. But to just sit there and glare at the camera was cringe inducing.

That said, I lost even more respect for Kraft. Talk about trying to play all sides (except Bills). He wanted to keep Bledsoe because he was like a son to him? More like he just gave Drew a 100 million doller contract and felt silly that a no name like Brady was out playing him. Says he was duped by AHern who he was also a "paternal" influence to , and constently refered to Brady as "Tommy". I mean how many sons do you have Bob?
He caved in to Goodell on both the Gates, and let Tom walk because defence won the last Superbowl. really? So your reasoning is Bill lost the Eagles SB by benching Butler, , But because Beli went with the Zone against the Rams you let Brady walk?
I'll always be glad Kraft bought the Pats because that started it all,, but he seems like a real POS. It seems to me Kraft has always had a chip on his shoulder after Parcels made the "Groceries" remark, and when he handed the keys to Belichick, he resented that he had no say. After seeing this Docs take I don't get the impression he kept Tom and Bill together this long. I get the impression it took him this long to drive them apart.

As usuall, Brady was a class act all the way, as was Gronk and Edelman (what ridiculiosly little time they gave Jules).
Nice summary of the 3 main characters, which is what the series was about.

I agree that neither Bill or Bob came out looking good. I love Brady, but even he looked a bit whipped. The comment by Kraft that Giselle said 'Belichick doesn't treat my Tommy like a man,' along with Welker's he was like an 'abused dog that kept going back for more,' made Brady look weak. Brady's such a positive classy guy though, most ppl probably had a sympathetic view.

We don't know any of that ****. I hate how some fans make every little thing Bill does into a positive; even the bad decisions.

He got rid of the greatest player ever, said player went on to continue his winning ways while Bill **** the bed and destroyed the Patriots dynasty. That is the only thing we know for a fact. Everything else is a fairy tale people fabricate to feel better about Bill's biggest ****up.

Give me a break with this nonsense.
BB singlehandedly, all by himself, destroyed the Patriots dynasty? That’s a “fact”? No. That’s your subjective opinion based on a very complicated, two decade story involving complex relationships.

If the only thing you can say for a fact about BB is he ruined the dynasty - and you cannot state any positive attributes about him and his role in the team’s success over the past 20 years, then you’re not anywhere close to objective, fair, or thoughtful in your approach to this discussion.

BB made mistakes, surely. He mishandled the end with Brady, no doubt. But your post is just as charged with subjective bias as you claim others are.

Last edited:
How are you doing? Are you OK?

Must be rough to have everything you believe in just come crashing down. I feel for you.
Cruelty for the sake of it. Twist the knife

Last edited:
One thing I know after this Dynasty series is we never had an idea of what was happening behind the scenes, we all had our opinions and most of us were wrong.

One thing I know after this Dynasty series is we never had an idea of what was happening behind the scenes, we all had our opinions and most of us were wrong.
Now we know why Bill didn't want his players talking to the media.

Nice summary of the 3 main characters, which is what the series was about.

I agree that neither Bill or Bob came out looking good. I love Brady, but even he looked a bit whipped. The comment by Kraft that Giselle said 'Belichick doesn't treat my Tommy like a man,' along with Welker's he was like an 'abused dog that kept going back for more,' made Brady look weak. Brady's such a positive classy guy though, most ppl probably had a sympathetic view.
I Think Brady bought into the mindset of thinking its good for the team to think Bill would dish it out to him as well as the lowest guy on the totem pole. To me that's not a weakness it's a sign of strength. Strength of character and humility and a respect of authority which is vitol on a football team. I wasn't crazy about Welkers comment. I loved Welker when he was here, and I loved the bit he did on Rex Ryan,,, But he probably got his walking papers because of that Brazen attitude. The drawback in this doc from Brady to me is is washing his hands of Deflatgate. He didn't have to dwell on it, but for fk sake defend yourself from the ubsurd. Bring up the BS Mortenson report, and the fact that all celebs destroy cell phones.
Also he can't control what his wife or parents (especially Father) say to the to the money grubbing media looking for a scoop. It's like Gisele saying "You can't catch the ball too" after the welker drop and it was cought on tape. The media ran with it like she said **** you Wes when all she was trying to do was comfort here husband after loosing out on the perfect season. I never give even a passing thought to what wives, moms and dads say because it's always something a wife mom , or dad would say every time but the media makes it look maliciouse.

I Think Brady bought into the mindset of thinking its good for the team to think Bill would dish it out to him as well as the lowest guy on the totem pole. To me that's not a weakness it's a sign of strength. Strength of character and humility and a respect of authority which is vitol on a football team. I wasn't crazy about Welkers comment. I loved Welker when he was here, and I loved the bit he did on Rex Ryan,,, But he probably got his walking papers because of that Brazen attitude. The drawback in this doc from Brady to me is is washing his hands of Deflatgate. He didn't have to dwell on it, but for fk sake defend yourself from the ubsurd. Bring up the BS Mortenson report, and the fact that all celebs destroy cell phones.
Also he can't control what his wife or parents (especially Father) say to the to the money grubbing media looking for a scoop. It's like Gisele saying "You can't catch the ball too" after the welker drop and it was cought on tape. The media ran with it like she said **** you Wes when all she was trying to do was comfort here husband after loosing out on the perfect season. I never give even a passing thought to what wives, moms and dads say because it's always something a wife mom , or dad would say every time but the media makes it look maliciouse.
No doubt, Brady putting up with Bills abuse had excellent results in the locker room and in the negotiation room as well. Brady was always a good soldier, an aspect which is completely underrated, to how much it helped Bill succeed (off the field).

From what I gather after watching this is that I was completely wrong about both Craft and Belichick. I feel I was right about Brady though. So 1 out of 3 isn't ba,,,, oh wait,, Yeah that does suck :)

The effort was really poor and there's no defense for this. And we haven't scratched the surface on TE's.

I don't know who J Brown is.

Again, they didn't trade for Dorsett in 2019.

What? Saying Llyod is better than Cooks is being disengenious at this point. Sounds like you have a bias against Cooks. Not only did he have more yards, TD's and higher yards per reception, but Cooks had 18 plays over 20 yards to Lloyd's 10 and 7 plays over 40 yards to Lloyd's whopping 1.

No contest.
Well, you got me there. I have nothing against Cooks other than the fact he disappeared. LaFell, the worst of the 3, actually came through in the biggest moments. None of this is a big deal anyway, I don't know what we're talking about anymore, my only point is that Belichick did not show a disinterest. He failed to find WRs but given the outlay and the resources expended, it was definitely not a lack of effort. Few teams put that much into it, 3 WRs cost a 2nd, a 1st and another $15m.

BB singlehandedly, all by himself, destroyed the Patriots dynasty? That’s a “fact”? No. That’s your subjective opinion based on a very complicated, two decade story involving complex relationships.

If the only thing you can say for a fact about BB is he ruined the dynasty - and you cannot state any positive attributes about him and his role in the team’s success over the past 20 years, then you’re not anywhere close to objective, fair, or thoughtful in your approach to this discussion.

BB made mistakes, surely. He mishandled the end with Brady, no doubt. But your post is just as charged with subjective bias as you claim others are.
I never said anything about the last 20 years. You are making up stuff I never said. Of course Bill gets credit for those 6 SBs.

That does not change the fact he is the architect of the downfall.

From what I gather after watching this is that I was completely wrong about both Craft and Belichick. I feel I was right about Brady though. So 1 out of 3 isn't ba,,,, oh wait,, Yeah that does suck :)
.333 a damn good batting avg.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back