PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

even the local media seems to think this show isnt about "dynasty"

WTF why would anyone go through that much trouble? It seems so crazy I want to believe they were lazy and found some pic off the Internet or something but that's pretty gross if true.

Anyone that thinks it isnt a hit piece on Belichick should watch the 6th Episode where Jonathan plants the Its all Bills fault seed, and the hack from the globe implicates BB by the fact he refused to trade Aaron.
Then the Kraft's should have got rid of Bill at that point. I will watch it tonight but it sounds pretty revisionist.

What was episode 6 about? Are we not at 2014 yet? Won't start watching till we get there.

You must of had a good reason?

That doesn't sound too good there, Bobby.

EDIT: I think there's no way anyone is gonna look in this.

You must of had a good reason?

That doesn't sound too good there, Bobby.

EDIT: I think there's no way anyone is gonna look in this.
Robert Kraft: Looked totally naive when it came to Hernandez. Literally clueless. They showed a clip of him talking to BB right after they gave Hernandez the big contract. Kraft is going on about how this will change Hernandez and making it seem like he will be some great guy. BB stays silent but was probably thinking Kraft was nuts.

Belichick: BB doesn’t look good here. He didn’t want to make a comment but Welker and Loyd spoke about how the coaches remained silent on Hernandez issues and put up with him because of his talent. Jonathon Kraft spoke about how Bill didn’t want to get rid of Hernandez and let the trial play out. The Boston Globe guy buried him, which was unfair.

Jonathon Kraft: Seemed the most authentic and you could tell he was visibly upset talking about how he wanted Hernandez off the team. “He’s a ****ing murderer.”

The Players: Also very authentic. Wes Welker, Brandon Loyd, and Deion Branch didn’t hold back. Branch was most affected as he had a close relationship with him. Welker and Loyd were the ones who went into the issues.

I'll be catching up with it this weekend, but the Hernandez situation is interesting. Aaron should've went straight to Bob Kraft and if that didn't work, just move the family to the west coast even if it meant losing money.

Also crazy how Aaron would've gotten away with it had the Enterprise employee not found his gum in the car.

Jonathon was 100% right though. Playing out the situation like Belichick wanted to do would have been horrible for the Patriots.
I dont doubt he was wrong. But Belichicks argument was. No ones been found guilty here and its an escalating siutation. For all we know BB was playing devils advocate and they were most likely not playing with all of the information. Its prudent to look at every situation from both sides. Clearly He had to be cut. But I would say every organisation would have someone say exactly the same thing BB said.

I do agree with you the Cassel season and even the 2010 season were highly complementary of Belichick.

I would also add that even though they didn't win in 2012, that was my favorite non-winning Patriot season with the exception of 1985. That offense with Hernandez was fantastic. They could've spared 10 seconds with these words: "In 2012, the Patriots built one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history with Hernandez." That would've increased the drama even more.

How Brady didn't win league MVP in 2012 is one of the most absurd things I've seen happen. His numbers absolutely crushed Rodgers' numbers when you take into account scoring, rushing TDs, even Brady's rushing.
The 2012 team is their most underrated team. Had Gronk been healthy and Talib not tapped out, they beat the Ravens and face the 49ers which would've been a really tough matchup.

The 2012 team is their most underrated team. Had Gronk been healthy and Talib not tapped out, they beat the Ravens and face the 49ers which would've been a really tough matchup.
The regular season game was almost an incredible comeback. Down 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to tie it. The kick return they allowed on that kickoff stopped all their momentum in its tracks. Fun game though.

WTF why would anyone go through that much trouble? It seems so crazy I want to believe they were lazy and found some pic off the Internet or something but that's pretty gross if true.
The reason is easy; they want to build the narrative that Belichick thought Brady was a system QB

The reason is easy; they want to build the narrative that Belichick thought Brady was a system QB

Even if he believed it thru 2004, it's clear, by the end, he did not. You're reaching.

I mean there's some clear bias in this documentary but that just seems too weird

I mean there's some clear bias in this documentary but that just seems too weird
Especially since current-day Belichick in episode 5 referred to Brady as the greatest player of all time.

I haven't seen it, just the reviews/recaps. But hearing guys like Bruschi/Law describe young Brady really highlights one thing that I've always felt has been unfair in the Brady/BB debates...

People talk about it like they were each the same for 20 years. Brady absolutely, 100% was NOT the same player all 20 years. Young Brady was not the GOAT. Part of the legend of Tom Brady is his relentless pursuit of getting better. I get that BB doesn't have a great record without a starting QB named Tom Brady... but he proved he could win multiple super bowls without an all pro caliber QB. He'll just never get the credit for it in silly debates because that non all pro QB he won with happened to still be named Tom Brady.
Brady played very much like an ALL-Pro, go watch the superbowl in 2003. All-pro is about stats. Mahomes was 13th this year in Qb rating, is he the best Qb in the league? He didnt win mvp, he didnt win all-pro. Saying that Bill was able to win by only having Brady at Qb is in fact silly. Fantasy football has ruined what people know about football and what it takes to win. Brady was someone who made an immediate impact on the team, he didnt have to have 60 td's to do it. There is way more to it then that.

The Brady/Bledsoe debate went on for a year or two after Bledsoe was traded. Many people wanted to trade Brady, not Bledsoe. There were endless debates on WEEI about it back in that time. And after the trade, Bledsoe played really well his first year in Buffalo and there were people who claimed the Pats traded the wrong guy.

Some of the beat writers were just Bledsoe guys who were close to Drew and biased, but many people in the media both locally and nationally felt Bledsoe was better than Brady even up through part of the 2003 season.

FWIW, I thought Bledsoe was more talented than Brady after the 2001 season, but felt they should keep Brady and trade Bledsoe because Brady was a much better fit for the Patriots’ system. Obviously I was wrong about the first part. But no one could have imagined how good Brady would become way back in early 2002.
There is no coach that has a Qb who is throwing up bad seasons and not winning and then gets hurt and some young guy making nothing comes in and starts winning games nbad oh yeah a superbowl, for anyone to think you should go back to the other guy is idicotic. It wasnt genius for Bill to do that it was sensible.

E5-6 are excellent, but 6 is riveting. Can’t take your eyes off the screen. Deion Branch is take your breath away good with his depth of emotion that he shows and draws out of the viewer.

Heartbreaking. Must watch tv, but once is enough.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back