PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson improving

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He is getting better and better as a passer, sure they beat the lowly Browns but I think the Ravens are the real deal, I can see things coming down between the Chiefs and Ravens for the afc this year.

I can’t stand either teams...but damn they look ways better than any other teams.
We shall see how the Titans look.

Titans : can’t see how their QB can compete w Jackson / Mahomes.

Jackson, while dynamic, is too inaccurate for my liking. If that is much improved from last year, it’d go a long way for the Ravens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the Ravens will be really hard to beat.

Saw that game. I have ravens ahead of Kc slightly right now. They just pulled a stinker vs Tennessee but otherwise have been destroying most teams they face since mid season last year. Looks like they’re picking up where they left off, anyway both are going to be very hard to beat.

Frankly, watching Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes absolutely crushing defenses left and right can be a bit depressing. Yeah, we had a great run with the GOAT, but these two QBs are really, really good. They will dominate the AFC as Brady and Manning did.

Frankly, watching Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes absolutely crushing defenses left and right can be a bit depressing. Yeah, we had a great run with the GOAT, but these two QBs are really, really good. They will dominate the AFC as Brady and Manning did.

Mahomes? Yes.

Lamar? TBD. He is a great athlete, but he is a very average QB. Gets good stats because he is so elusive and teams cannot double receivers because he is such a threat to run. Unless he dramatically improves his passing, he won't be dominant for long. He can do it though. Talented enough to do so.

Feck Lamar Jackson, and Feck the Bal'mo' Murderer-Worshippers - ownership, coaches, players & especially their fanimals...I would love to see the lot of them MOABed...

Nice start for Lamar. He looked great out there, ultimately though he will now be judged with what he does in January.

Mahomes? Yes.

Lamar? TBD. He is a great athlete, but he is a very average QB. Gets good stats because he is so elusive and teams cannot double receivers because he is such a threat to run. Unless he dramatically improves his passing, he won't be dominant for long. He can do it though. Talented enough to do so.
Just say you've never watched him before? Like all this was wrong last year, saying it now is just admitting you haven't seen play or have an agenda. Or just say you don't like the player. Which is fine, I guess? But we really have to stop making things up that aren't true with all due respect.

Probably the most efficient QB in the league over the past year.

Just say you've never watched him before? Like all this was wrong last year, saying it now is just admitting you haven't seen play or have an agenda. Or just say you don't like the player. Which is fine, I guess? But we really have to stop making things up that aren't true with all due respect.

Probably the most efficient QB in the league over the past year.

So I have an agenda because I have not watched yesterday's game? Come on, man.

Last year, he showed flaws. Great for him (and the Ravens) if he looked awesome yesterday.

Let's talk again in November. I am not saying he won't/cannot do it. Just that there are still questions mark around him before we say he is in the "Brady/Manning" tier. Mahomes proved he was at that level. Lamar. Not really.

That's not knocking him, it is having VERY VERY high standards when it comes to the bests of the best.

He looks so very poised and I agree he has dramatically improved from year one. The Ravens and Chiefs are in their own stratosphere in terms of talent and ability. TB12 or no TB12, Pats were not going to compete with either of these teams this year for making it to SB.
What makes it so painful, is I still remember that draft Screaming at the TV set for Pats to take Lamar Jackson at 29, only to be shocked and disappointed when they took Sony.

This is NOT Monday morning QBing, because many of us on this board begged for Pats to take him. Now both the Chiefs and Ravens will be strong teams for a decade or more

He is getting better and better as a passer, sure they beat the lowly Browns but I think the Ravens are the real deal, I can see things coming down between the Chiefs and Ravens for the afc this year.

I can’t stand either teams...but damn they look ways better than any other teams.
We shall see how the Titans look.

Just for the record, you're aware Lamar Jackson won the league MVP last year. So if he's getting even better that is very scary.

Mahomes? Yes.

I don't know how you can watch Lamar play the quarterback position last year and yesterday and proclaim he's 'a very average QB'.

So I have an agenda because I have not watched yesterday's game? Come on, man.

Last year, he showed flaws. Great for him (and the Ravens) if he looked awesome yesterday.

Let's talk again in November. I am not saying he won't/cannot do it. Just that there are still questions mark around him before we say he is in the "Brady/Manning" tier. Mahomes proved he was at that level. Lamar. Not really.

That's not knocking him, it is having VERY VERY high standards when it comes to the bests of the best.
Sorry but now you're moving the goalpost. Not just moving them, like picking them up and bringing them to another state.

Here's what you said in your first post I responded to ...
"he is a very average QB" ... "Unless he dramatically improves his passing" ... Now you're bringing up a comparison to the Mount Rushmore of QB's.

You're all over the all in these two post.

In what world is Jackson an "average" QB, specifically speaking in the pocket? Like is there anything at all you can back that up with? In terms of efficiency, who's been better since entering the league? I'd put $ on he's been the best, top 3-5.

Again nothing wrong with not liking a player. Capt is at least honest about it. But you have absolutely no case saying Jackson is an "average" QB. He's been a top 3 QB since last year and got his team to the playoffs twice now.

All I'm saying is make a real case. If not you can't get salty when someone calls you out for not knowing what you're talking about. No way you've been watching Jackson these last few years besides when he plays us, on national TV. And come away with those takes.

And then you come back with "he has flaws", trying to say people are comparing him to Brady/Manning. Sorry man that's weak. No one is comparing him to those guys.

Mahomes? Yes.

no, he’s not an average QB. Is he an average passer? Well maybe, but he’s been steadily improving which is scary. But even if he is an average it doesn’t matter because his athleticism opens the field up so much. Sure he makes a lot of straight line throws but if it leads to wins and championships who cares?

Just for the record, you're aware Lamar Jackson won the league MVP last year. So if he's getting even better that is very scary.

I don’t consider him the best QB in the league, he had an MVP season, sure he is good, but that doesn’t mean he is the best, I think Mahomes and Rodgers might be the best atm.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back