PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing RapSheet: Agholor to Pats

seems it, but I guess it's about right for that position. WRs get bank
IMHO WRs should be well paid. They have to deal with some of the worst head-hunters in the game.

Playing games with stats I see. Lol. Now use your eyes and stop looking at the stats. He threw 16 deep passes and we know he can't thrownit more than 40 yards
Enough with the hyperbole - it kinda gets old.

Newton's pass to Edelman against the Seahawks went from the Patriots' 14 to the Seattle 29, on a low trajectory while he was sliding left:

In case math help is needed, that's 56 yards, sliding left, and on a line.

I mean, i get it. Tom Brady is in Tampa, but geezus, it never even slows down around this place and it's piling deep.

Was surprised they went with him instead of samuel. Guess they still could.

But then looked and he had 900 yards and 8tds last year. Pretty good

Do not remember a free agent day like today, I like it..

Very aggressive in areas of need..
I don't remember them having this many needs since 2001.

Agholar, Edelman, Meyers and Smith. Not bad with a solid OL and running game.

Better outlook than yesterday, but yeah, Agholar deal looks a little stiff at first glance.

Not a fan of this signing. However, between he and Bourne, Harry is on the hot seat which won't faze him.

Belichick has conducted 21 drafts with the Pats. He has only drafted 6 receivers in the first 3 rounds.

2002 Deion Branch 2nd rd.
2003 Bethel Johnson 2rd rd.
2006 Chad Jackson 2nd rd.
2010 Taylor Price 3rd rd.
2013 Aaron Dobson 2nd rd.
2019 N'Keal Harry 1st rd.

The Steelers drafted wide receivers in the 2nd round of the last 4 drafts.

I think it is more accurate to say Belichick doesn't draft receivers than to say he is horrible at it.
0-6 isn't great regardless - Deion Branch was a solid player but Brady had a lot to do with that

I saw a lot of Vegas games last year. Aghalor was good. $11M good? Maybe not, but still good.

Regards,
Chris

The only way I like this deal is if Agholor was instrumental in making Waller so good.. the Patriots coaches saw this and thats why they went for him.

Was surprised they went with him instead of samuel. Guess they still could.

But then looked and he had 900 yards and 8tds last year. Pretty good
Exactly.

Agholor had around double the TD'S and YPC of Samuel as well as having more yards. People are just less excited because he lost his way in Philly 2 years ago. It's a good move.

Enough with the hyperbole - it kinda gets old.

Newton's pass to Edelman against the Seahawks went from the Patriots' 14 to the Seattle 29, on a low trajectory while he was sliding left:

In case math help is needed, that's 56 yards, sliding left, and on a line.

I mean, i get it. Tom Brady is in Tampa, but geezus, it never even slows down around this place and it's piling deep.

He wasn't making that throw later in the season. And 1 good throw, which it was isn't overruling the rest.

The only way I like this deal is if Agholor was instrumental in making Waller so good.. the Patriots coaches saw this and thats why they went for him.
Sorry to brake the bad news, but Waller broke out before he was there.

He’s good. Legit good. Overpay though

I saw a lot of Vegas games last year. Aghalor was good. $11M good? Maybe not, but still good.

Regards,
Chris
Agree. Aghalor is a solid NFL WR. Clearly not a game-breaker but hes decent. It does seem like an overpay but the words "Good" and "Patriots' Wide Receiver" are seldom used in the same sentence until now.

Last edited:
I don't remember them having this many needs since 2001.
This has the potential of being as good as that off season class.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back