PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing RapSheet: Agholor to Pats

I don't care about the money but the Krafts and Belichick do. When they evaluated the FA wide receiver market they were assigning a $ value to the available players. They brought in a lesser receiver (Agholor) at double the cost when there was a better receiver (Sanders) available. Maybe Sanders wanted no part of NE, I don't know, but if he had no problem playing with a total stiff like Newton then I would have much preferred the Patriots extended a contract offer to Sanders.

Comparing the two different receiver groups, Buffalo's is better, probably much better, and they definitely have the much better quarterback. That is going to be a huge advantage for Buffalo next season.
Seems to me that someone needs to go root for Buffalo

Exactly. Who on this list (besides maybe Golladay) is a better “receiver of the football” than Agholor?? They’re all fine players, but Samuel has been mostly a gadget player & a number 3 in CAR to Moore & Anderson (& really a #4 due to McCaffrey if you really want to be technical). Of course, he could develop but he’s not a better WR than Agholor right now. What the hell has Corey Davis even done considering his draft position? He’s okay & has nice size @ 6’3 209, but that’s about it. I’ve NEVER seen Davis show up in a big reg season/playoff game. Name one!..I’ll wait....Hell, he lost his “number 1” spot to rookie AJ Brown in 2019. He’s no alpha. Watch the tape. Fuller is just a deep threat that can’t stay healthy. My point; none of these dudes are “so far ahead” or even better receivers of the football than Agholor. In fact, he may be the best WR (besides Golladay) on this list. Yes, he does drop the occasional ball, but so did Edelman and many others. None of these dudes besides Golladay are even Pro-Bowlers, so where’s the distinction? Just admit that many of you are worried about the “name & draft status” as opposed to watching film & evaluating routes, route depth, mental ability, hands, ability to play multiple positions, fit, options etc...he can run crisp routes from multiple positions, catch & has deep speed. What more do you want? Agholor is a fine receiver. Stop *****ing.
Fuller also has a worse case of the dropsies than Agholor

Exactly. Who on this list (besides maybe Golladay) is a better “receiver of the football” than Agholor?? They’re all fine players, but Samuel has been mostly a gadget player & a number 3 in CAR to Moore & Anderson (& really a #4 due to McCaffrey if you really want to be technical). Of course, he could develop but he’s not a better WR than Agholor right now. What the hell has Corey Davis even done considering his draft position? He’s okay & has nice size @ 6’3 209, but that’s about it. I’ve NEVER seen Davis show up in a big reg season/playoff game. Name one!..I’ll wait....Hell, he lost his “number 1” spot to rookie AJ Brown in 2019. He’s no alpha. Watch the tape. Fuller is just a deep threat that can’t stay healthy. My point; none of these dudes are “so far ahead” or even better receivers of the football than Agholor. In fact, he may be the best WR (besides Golladay) on this list. Yes, he does drop the occasional ball, but so did Edelman and many others. None of these dudes besides Golladay are even Pro-Bowlers, so where’s the distinction? Just admit that many of you are worried about the “name & draft status” as opposed to watching film & evaluating routes, route depth, mental ability, hands, ability to play multiple positions, fit, options etc...he can run crisp routes from multiple positions, catch & has deep speed. What more do you want? Agholor is a fine receiver. Stop *****ing.

“lost his number 1 spot to AJ Brown”

brown is a future multiple all pro WR with the best YAC ability I’ve seen in years. In fact, had we drafted Brown instead of Harry, we would not have had to overspend on Agholor & Bourne

First of all, any fan that understands football in the cap era should care about players salaries. We don’t care about coaches’ salaries as there’s no cap on that. Bob can hire as big a staff as he wants. Bigger the better. But player contracts are about getting good value as there’s a limit to boa much you can spend.

Secondly the cap just went down. You have no idea if it “skyrockets” in a few years. Not to mention this is just a 2 year contract, so the cap in a few years is irrelevant.
The league just completed a new 11 year 113 BILLION dollar tv deal. It's not going down.

What about now?

My fear that Billy would Overpay for Mediocrity has come true, naturally.

Curtis Samuel & Corey Davis >>>>>>>>>>>>> Agholor & Kenny Bourne.
Maybe Samuel and Davis didn't want to come here. It's not like we still have Brady to attract players. ;)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back