PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing RapSheet: Agholor to Pats

Never really clicked in PHI, but seems he'll be missed by LV.

I think Bill is realizing anyone he signs next year is going to cost a lot more due to the current tight cap, and there's a lot better choice because other teams are cutting hard to meet the cap.

Gonna be tough for Cam to get the ball to him.

I will be pissed if Samuels gets a similar deal with some other team. He was my first choice. Nelson looks to be an improvement of course, but somehow I can't seem to get over his Philly exit. I'm sure there will be Pats haters in Philly who will be howling about this transaction....and not in a good way. :eek:

Since it's 2 years, where most of the others are 4, I'm guessing that this deal, like Godchaux's and Cam's, is pretty heavy on the prove-it factor.

Just a hunch.

Gonna be tough for Cam to get the ball to him.

Except Cam was one of the better deep throwers in the league last year. Look it up.

This is exactly the kind of deal that should help Cam a lot if Agholor can continue his trajectory and avoid too many drops.

Since it's 2 years, where most of the others are 4, I'm guessing that this deal, like Godchaux's and Cam's, is pretty heavy on the prove-it factor.

Just a hunch.
Absolutely! More likely a 6m/7m base with heavy incentives, that should he achieve, will have made it very, very worth it.

I will be pissed if Samuels gets a similar deal with some other team. He was my first choice. Nelson looks to be an improvement of course, but somehow I can't seem to get over his Philly exit. I'm sure there will be Pats haters in Philly who will be howling about this transaction....and not in a good way. :eek:
There isn't a fan in Philly who doesn't make the most morose and critical posters here look like a Partridge Family music video.

Easily my least favorite signing of the day but certainly fills a need.

Hopefully this is purely a depth move. Team still desperately needs a true WR1.

Except Cam was one of the best deep throwers in the league last year. Look it up.

This is exactly the kind of deal that should help Cam a lot if Agholor can continue his trajectory and avoid too many drops.
Playing games with stats I see. Lol. Now use your eyes and stop looking at the stats. He threw 16 deep passes and we know he can't thrownit more than 40 yards

Wow, I get home from work and another signing...it's been a busy day for us. He is definitely an upgrade for us.

2 for 26M seems high, but we will need to see the contract. How much in incentives? How much is guaranteed? He's a good but not great WR. They needed someone though. It's an okay add, as long as they didn't invest too much. Offense is already much better with the moves at TE and WR though.

With Agholor and maybe Bourne, I'd look to trade Harry, if there is any interest. BB is still not done, however.

Pricey but good signing if we are getting the Vegas Agholor. Now about a QB that can consistently get him the ball but one step at a time I guess.

Also tells me Harry probably isn’t long for the roster.

I think we're trading some picks for Trey Lance. We're filling a lot of needs IN FA so we can finally trade up.

Playing games with stats I see. Lol. Now use your eyes and stop looking at the stats. He threw 16 deep passes

I am not playing games with any stats. The vertical game has always been one of the things he is more comfortable at. There are years of history.

But then again I am talking to people on a board that still think his arm had an issue instead of looking at his footwork.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back