PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapp: Bennett exit . real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle Atlanta Oakland
SF LA Rams make alot of sense for Bennett.
He will easily get 10 Mill a season
Bennett just saw the lowest number of targets that he's seen in 5 yrs, is going to be on the wrong side of 30, recently dealt with multiple injury issues, and will be on his 5th team since 2011.

If someone out there is willing to pay him more than what Travis Kelce (9m a year) received on his extension only 12 months ago, not only should they immediately be fired, but I will happily buy you a membership here for the 2017 season. :)

We've already offered him $7 mil a year. The highest paid TE in the league is getting $10. Will teams really go that high?

I think yes he is gone, going home to Houston makes sense, but if the offers aren't much higher than $7, would he leave for an extra mill to go play for a crappy team like the Rams? Tough to say.

Shame we never really got to see the damage a healthy Gronk and Bennett could do to a defense on the field at the same time.
HOU is a shoo-in

He showed remarkable grit and balls all season. He was injured nearly the whole season. Blocked like a demon. I loved the guy and wish him nothing but the best against every team but ours.

Bennett's just channeling his inner Jane Jetson...

giphy.gif

:)

Last edited:
Luke Willson will be the next Patriots #2 TE.

Quote me on this when it happens.

Edelman dipped his toes in FA waters and found his best opportunity was in New England. He is currently under contract. If he was a free agent this off season, I could see him seeing what's out there. He would owe it to himself to do so.

Edelman's still in New England because NFL teams are still stupid about how they pay guys who are perceived as slot receivers.

I love getting these great players as one year rentals for our Super Bowl runs. I wonder who is next?

EDIT: In this years terminology this would mean someone like Legget, Butt, Shaheen plus 4-6M to spend on a solid young FA TE and 2-4 M to spend on anybody else BB desires ..

The downside of course is Marty's hillarious presence week in week out.. Really enjoyed it

Last edited:
I'm good with Housler behind Gronk.

The Q here is also: does that mean they trust Gronk could be himself again . and already in 2017? (Lewis' approach might be the way to go this time)

Finding #2 TE should not be too difficult, but if they need real insurance #1 TE like they had in Bennett - that will be a bit more challenging to find (in draft only Howard could possibly provide that in 2017) unless they go for someone like Doyle or vets like Cook, Davis..

I still want to know what the **** BB was thinking when he took Richards. He was drafted 3-4 rounds to high and has proven so. Insane.

A couple of years ago, you could substitute the name Richards for Harmon, Ryan, Cannon, or White...and find this post paraphrased everywhere.

Has BB given up on Richards, or were the Pats simply so deep at safety and corner that there was no way he was ready to step ahead of that group?

I don't know. This year will tell.

The Q here is also: does that mean they trust Gronk could be himself again . and already in 2017? (Lewis' approach might be the way to go this time)

Finding #2 TE should not be too difficult, but if they need real insurance #1 TE like they had in Bennett - that will be a bit more challenging to find (in draft only Howard could possibly provide that in 2017) unless they go for someone like Doyle or vets like Cook, Davis..

Gronk could be on the pup list to start the season. I think they will draft a tight end in the later rounds. We got hogan, edelman, mitchell and amendola as our wrs. I still wonder about floyd. GMs out there could give him a big contract.

He was a warrior for us all year. He helped bring us number five. Will have good memories of him. I wish him well elsewhere

As the year progressed I started to see him getting a little more comfortable with his personality. Truthfully I think that part of him would turn into bad memories. I like Bennett the player. Since the sibling apples don't fall far from the tree. I think there is a little too much Michael in him

not that it means anything but looks like the chances of him leaving are growing..

EDIT:
Looking at some other FA options lately + J Thomas development in Miami my thoughts were changing in this direction as well. There are some young, healthy, decent and above all cheaper options available in FA like Dion Sims, Doyle, Gresham, Luke Wilson, Ryan Griffin, possibly even Cook or Davis. Combined with deep draft class there's quite a lot to work with in case Bennett refuses Pats offer..

no shock here. I think most thought he would be a 1 year rental. with all the other free agents on the team that need to be dealt with. and considering you have gronk. bennet isn't the priority.

We appear to be quick to turn on a guy who was integral to a Super Bowl winning season and did it through painful injury. He said his comments after the Super Bowl were a joke, but I think he's gone and that bums me out unlike the rest here.

It doesn't sound like there's any concern at all with this specific injury. There were some optimistic timelines that would have him on the field for the Super Bowl, but it's more typically 12-16 weeks. We're in the twelfth week right now, so if that timeline holds then he'll be ready to go within the next month.

It's fair to worry about the potential for new back injuries in the future given his history, but right now there's no reason to worry about his availability for week 1.

Sez who? He says free agent, then turns around and says stay, market products. We'll see.

He is a good TE but its not a huge deal if he goes. I like him though.. of course that doesn't mean ****. If he was offered 7m a year I think thats fair. Of course we don't know how long, what was guaranteed, and if that offer is even real.

Bennett showed me how good Gronk really is. I knew Gronk was the best but this just shed some more perspective on how good he is.

Bennett is a good tight end and Gronk is worlds better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore