PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapp: Bennett exit . real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to diminish Bennet's contributions and the grit he displayed playing through injury, but I say, let him go.

I'd rather sign our young DB's. Keep the Rutgers alum together for a couple more years.

Bennett just saw the lowest number of targets that he's seen in 5 yrs, is going to be on the wrong side of 30, recently dealt with multiple injury issues, and will be on his 5th team since 2011.

If someone out there is willing to pay him more than what Travis Kelce (9m a year) received on his extension only 12 months ago, not only should they immediately be fired, but I will happily buy you a membership here for the 2017 season. :)

Well the lolphins just took on Julius Thomas $9.2m AAV salary and he only had 1 good year which was the '13 season when Manning was hopped up on HGH. "14 he had 12 TD but was really an non-factor in the passing game not even eclipsing 500 yards or 45 rec.

Idk whose out there. I am sure the packers would love to keep cook. I think they will draft a tight end.

We knew this already.
Yup, he already was talking about cashing in before all the confetti landed in Houston. You sort of get the feeling he's thinking like Revis did: "OK, got my ring out of the way, now time to get paid."

Yup, he already was talking about cashing in before all the confetti landed in Houston. You sort of get the feeling he's thinking like Revis did: "OK, got my ring out of the way, now time to get paid."

Many have. We've had our share of mercenaries over the years. It works out pretty well.

I appreciate his services and wish him luck elsewhere, except against the Pats, or unless he signs in New Jersey.

EDIT - Drove through NJ again this weekend...smelled like BO...and burning tires. Not sure there's a "broker's route" for the Jest or Gnats to use to cover that up.

The handless horseman can be easily replaced

I doubt he sees 9 million but we have alot of gms who will overpay.

If he leaves TE will be a major priority. I firmly believe that whatever the Pats get from Gronk the rest of his career will be gravy. I don't think he's done, but I'll also believe he can play 16 games again when I see it.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but

2BDB221100000578-3217664-image-a-22_1441071112082.jpg

he doesn't seem to fit the mold of a N.E. TE.
Come on now... that was too easy... :rolleyes:

In all honesty he was a bit of disappointment
It needs to be accepted that the Patriots #2 TE is bound to be a disapointment.

Shiancoe and Winslow were both toast, Wright couldn't catch, Chandler couldn't run, and Hernandez committed murder.

See this is a guy I think there's a big risk he is gonna sit on the contract once he gets paid.

I loved him here and god knows how much I wanted him to catch that ball on the SB when he was interfered (more because that would have made Brady winning the SB with 5 passes on OT) but If he is after the money then thanks for 2016 and good luck.

He is a good TE but its not a huge deal if he goes. I like him though.. of course that doesn't mean ****. If he was offered 7m a year I think thats fair. Of course we don't know how long, what was guaranteed, and if that offer is even real.

Bennett showed me how good Gronk really is. I knew Gronk was the best but this just shed some more perspective on how good he is.

Bennett is a good tight end and Gronk is worlds better.

Bennett played 3/4 of the season with an ankle injury...reportedly a broken bone. He was a stalwart in our run game. I would argue the running attack of the 2016 patriots is not far behind 2004. The tight end position had a lot to do with that.
When's the last time you saw Gronk even dress for the game with a fracture so that you could even compare them?
Gronk broke his arm and pretty missed an entire season.
I am thankful for Marty's toughness and while I don't like his outspoken nature, he deserves tremendous credit.

Of the major decisions the Pats have, I'm most comfortable letting MB go. Not that I'm not appreciative of his effort this year, but I think BB was already going to draft a TE early (1-3), and I think he signs another one as UDFA. Out of those two, one will emerge as an economic / comparable alternative to MB.

That said, I'm sure MB's replacement won't be half as fun in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore